Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NyTablet 8 Windows 8.1 €99.99

Options
  • 22-01-2015 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Looks like a good deal for a Window 8.1 tablet...for €99.99 can't really go wrong.

Available in Argos - product code is 292/3020

Unfortunately I can't post a link...

EDIT: Add link >> http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2923020.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

Thanks hollster2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Interesting find. I wonder if this is another version of the linx 8"? Though it has a faster clock speed on the processor (Quad-core CPU @ 1.8GHz vs Quad-Core Intel Atom procesor 1.33GHz. If it is similar to the linx then its bargain of the month, the linx 8" is a lovely little tablet @129...

I

I have reserved one so I'll update when I pick it up. I have venue pro 8 and spec wise it looks similar apart from RAM which 1gb, but that shouldn't be an issue. The processor will also support miracast to allow projection to a compatible tv...a very handy feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

These are going fast. Best to reserve some.

I believe this also has Bluetooth 4 which is not called out in the spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Emerg

One booked in Ashbourne, no longer needed if anyone wants?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Whats the screen like guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Interesting find. I wonder if this is another version of the linx 8"? Though it has a faster clock speed on the processor (Quad-core CPU @ 1.8GHz vs Quad-Core Intel Atom procesor 1.33GHz. If it is similar to the linx then its bargain of the month, the linx 8" is a lovely little tablet @129...

I think linx 8" is 1.8ghz too, they have the intel atom Z3735F, which is clocked from 1.33 to 1.8ghz. I think it just scales based on what the tablet does for power savibg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

imitation wrote: »
    I think linx 8" is 1.8ghz too, they have the intel atom Z3735F, which is clocked from 1.33 to 1.8ghz. I think it just scales based on what the tablet does for power savibg

Possibly ye, I got that number from the argos description I think. So every possiblity these are basically the same thing, great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Pity no more €10 voucher for spending over €100 from argos...

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Thanks OP, looks good!

Seems to be good stock levels. Does this have full windows 8.1 or just the rubbishy rt version?

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=292%2F3020

• Registered Users Posts: 30,052 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

murphm45 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, looks good!

Seems to be good stock levels. Does this have full windows 8.1 or just the rubbishy rt version?

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=292%2F3020

It's the full version effectively, although branded as "with bing" as the default search engine, which you can change. I think might also come with free office 365 subscription and free call to landlines from skype with that

Pretty handy tablet for the price, battery charging maybe a bit slow and battery life a bit lower than some other tablets

This is full Windows, it's an Intel chipset. If it was RT it would be an Arm based processor like Qualcomm. You can install native x86 and x64 desktop applications as well as Windows store apps.

The o365 subscription also comes with 1tb of cloud storage....picking mine up tomorrow so will confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Don't think the apps available for Windows are a patch on what's available for Android.

You cant compare this to android? Sure there's a store but because it's basically a PC you have access to far more tools and applications. You could in theory install steam and play some games.
    I've read that heartstone and Minecraft will run fine on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

this will be updated to Windows 10 later in the year I'd imagine?

• Advertisement

That would be cool. I believe that if you' got windows 8 you get upgraded to 10 foc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

vienne86 wrote: »
    Don't think the apps available for Windows are a patch on what's available for Android.

Not sure why this mentioned. Android fanboyism perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Bit of a windows newbie when it comes to windows os tablets etc, is this treated the same as a linx tab in that sky go is supported on this or am i totally wrong?

Great price in fairness so tempted to get it anyway though:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

crasy dash wrote: »
    Bit of a windows newbie when it comes to windows os tablets etc, is this treated the same as a linx tab in that sky go is supported on this or am i totally wrong?

Great price in fairness so tempted to get it anyway though:p

It's the same as Windows on your desktop. Think of it as a laptop without the keyboard. (though can that can be added handily enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Does anybody know how is output resolution on micro-HDMI - 1280x800? And how does its IPS display perform?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭mcw92

Buying these cheap tablets is only asking for trouble. Argos own the Bush brand, Do a search of previous Argos tablets and you will see.

A review posted previously would suggest differently. Previous Argos tablets were android and completely different hardware. However I am curious about why you think this would be trouble especially before I buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Damned thing has 2 USB ports (micro and 2.0, however they both look like micro on the pics from the UK site) as well, meaning you can "probably" charge and play at same time.

If so it gives it an advantage over the Linx and HP models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

mcw92 wrote: »
    Buying these cheap tablets is only asking for trouble. Argos own the Bush brand, Do a search of previous Argos tablets and you will see.

Argos doesn't own Bush, Home Retail Group owns Bush, Argos and Homebase though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Has anyone picked up one of these yet, and had a chance to try it out?.

Advertisement