Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chris froome

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

rckfld wrote: »
    I would strongly recommend reading "Inside Team Sky" if you are interested in this thread.

Gives a good insight into the professionalism and preparation that some have mentioned here.
    Also takes a good look at their race/staghe strategies.

Long story short...it ain't rocket science... it's science..and common sense...

common science!

Its a good book. I have it for sale if any one is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

He has a high mitochondrial density in his muscle cells.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

He has a high mitochondrial density in his muscle cells.

the force is strong with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭jackstaff

godtabh wrote: »
    Its a good book. I have it for sale if any one is interested!

How much mate?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

My main issue with Chris Froome is that he looks like an octopus riding a bike.
    About the polar opposite to someone like Stephen Roche......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jackstaff wrote: »
    How much mate?

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Some very strange or interesting tweets today from the Chris Foome/ Sky camp

Michelle Cound got a lot of stick on twitter for this, so much so that she made her twitter account private
    "@michellecound Maybe an "ex" doper can win the tour this year, at least he would be qualified to answer all the doping questions"

This from Danny Pate
    "@TheDPate Just had a great steak in Irun"

And then Chris Froome himself
    "Ridiculous some of the accusations on here. Water off a duck's back to me. I love what I do and I know I have nothing to hide"

I am surprised they have made broadsides and I wonder if they are running scared before the Tour......especially calling Contador an "ex" ...using quotation marks on the ex .....SKY media team must be working overtime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Bizarre to say the least. Why would they go stoking the fire like that? Is Michelle Cound involved with Sky? And what was Froome defending himself for if the accusations appear to be directed at the current leader of Pais Vasco?

MPFG wrote: »
    SKY media team must be working overtime

that usually only happens when wiggins talks

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Straatvark

Bizarre to say the least. Why would they go stoking the fire like that? Is Michelle Cound involved with Sky? And what was Froome defending himself for if the accusations appear to be directed at the current leader of Pais Vasco?

Not involved with Sky, just Froom's partner. Very hot-headed, motor mouth and don't do him any favours with these tweets.

She used to (and still do from time to time) post regularly on the SA alternative to boards 410 while still dating local cyclists.

Very good cycling photographer. Her mom is/was a SA champion in some age category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Yep, Le Tour is building up nicely, Contador is flying atm, he looks like he's having one of those amazing years, like Wiggins/Gilbert/Sagan/Froome had recently, ie. winning everything.
    I can't wait to see 7w/kg on the climbs ;)

With Contador climbing so well, Froome's only advantage might be in the TT, which leads back to the OP's Q, how is Froome such a good TT'er, I guess he just has a fantastic engine, and it's this engine that helps him on the climbs aswell, as he isn't a natural climber, like say Rodriguez.

Are they married now?

She had a massive blow out with Wiggins wife before the start of the tour last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

She was posting in 'the clinic' a couple of days ago. The regulars there had a field day.

happytramp wrote: »
    She was posting in 'the clinic' a couple of days ago. The regulars there had a field day.

Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

godtabh wrote: »
    Any links?

In the 'froome talk' thread. About a week ago, user name "Mich.c" or something like that.... that's all I've got I'm afraid. She was on a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

happytramp wrote: »

Cop on = zero (for that carry on) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Here are her posts.

Here are her posts.

yeah found them. She is really defending her man!

Mind you that thread wouldnt be allowed here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Anyone read the Sunday Times today. Extract from his autobiography. To me he came across as a bleep bleep bleep

Anyone read the Sunday Times today. Extract from his autobiography. To me he came across as a bleep bleep bleep

I always thought he was a bit of a bleep bleep bleep in sheeps clothing

What did he say then ??

• Advertisement

I always thought he was a bit of a bleep bleep bleep in sheeps clothing

What did he say then ??

Buy the bleeping book :-) just came across as bitter to sir brad and sir Dave

Buy the bleeping book :-) just came across as bitter to sir brad and sir Dave

why would I buy the book...sure that would give him more money

You send it tome when you are finished with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Paddigol

why would I buy the book...sure that would give him more money

You send it tome when you are finished with it ;)

I'd hardly call it a tome :pac:

I just read the extract in Times....Gosh ...I know Froome has a mild mannered gentleman personna but it seems a bit of a front. Wiggins was the leader at 2012 Tour and during the race SKY were backing him and in fairness he delivered not just during the Tour but all year including Olympics. Froome should have accepted that and put up until such time as he could attain leadership..It would have been a good team player approach

If Bradley was losing the Tour then that was another thing...but why should SKY drop a proven leader in yellow for a non proven one ?? By attacking Bradley he was just undermining his leadership role......bad form all round ..comes across as churlish and not very nice

The thing is the British public haven't nor never will warm to him as they do Bradley no matter how fast he can go up a mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭12 sprocket

I just read the extract in Times....Gosh ...I know Froome has a mild mannered gentleman personna but it seems a bit of a front. Wiggins was the leader at 2012 Tour and during the race SKY were backing him and in fairness he delivered not just during the Tour but all year including Olympics. Froome should have accepted that and put up until such time as he could attain leadership..It would have been a good team player approach

If Bradley was losing the Tour then that was another thing...but why should SKY drop a proven leader in yellow for a non proven one ?? By attacking Bradley he was just undermining his leadership role......bad form all round ..comes across as churlish and not very nice

The thing is the British public haven't nor never will warm to him as they do Bradley no matter how fast he can go up a mountain

Froome is a winner and full of confidence in his own ability. Athletes like that don't accept support roles too easily, that's what makes them great.. As the piece of graffiti I once seen said... " the meek shall inherit the earth.... If that's ok with you? "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

By attacking Bradley he was just undermining his leadership role
    I watched that tour and there's no doubt in my mind that Froome could have wiped the floor with Wiggins and been the first British person to win the tour. For any competitor to sit there helping someone else win who you know you can beat to a pulp and then watch him get all the accolades must not sit well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I watched that tour and there's no doubt in my mind that Froome could have wiped the floor with Wiggins and been the first British person to win the tour
    Wiggo looked the stronger TTer, beating Froome by 35 seconds in the first ITT and 1:16 in the second. That's almost 2 minutes to make up elsewhere.

Was Froome not trying very hard on those ITTs? Surely they would give him the perfect opportunity to prove his ability, rather than the odd bit of out-of-the-saddle showboating he did on the mountain stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Lumen wrote: »
    Wiggo looked the stronger TTer, beating Froome by 35 seconds in the first ITT and 1:16 in the second. That's almost 2 minutes to make up elsewhere.

Was Froome not trying very hard on those ITTs? Surely they would give him the perfect opportunity to prove his ability, rather than the odd bit of out-of-the-saddle showboating he did on the mountain stages?

Yeah I think people overestimate how much time froome could of taken out of him in the mountains. TT wise Wiggans is much stronger as shown at the Olympics when He took 1:09 min from froome to win gold when they were both undoubtadly going flat out.

We will never know. Wiggans had no need to respond to any froome attack so perhaps he could have rid up to him. Froome should of either screwed him over if he was capable as he seems to believe or just keep quiet after not attacking.
    Anything else sounds bitter.

Froome should of either screwed him over if he was capable as he seems to believe or just keep quiet after not attacking.
    Anything else sounds bitter.

My sentiments exactly

Le Mond took it and had something to complain about as Hinault promised him he'd be leader and Roche took it in the face of life threatening hostility from a whole nation .....if you are that sure of your abilities then go for it but don't complain about others if you don't and surely you don't need a note form Cavendish to get the go ahead

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement