Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suited & booted £99 & £3.95 PP Suit, shoes, shirt & tie [IN STOCK]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Does the code NUS10 work for 10% off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Ruu wrote: »

dont know, i just put in an email address (same one i used last time) & it applied a 10% off code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ruu wrote: »

Yes, but only once I think

It's the National Union of Students discount

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers KeithC.

Got the black suit.. though I hope the 32R leg will fit - it should.

Was fantastic value it must be said. I presume their suits are decent quality? First time I've ordered from them but got:

Description: Black Slim Mod Fit Jacket, size 38S, Black
    Description: Black Slim Mod Fit Trousers, size 32R, Black
    Description: Black Centre Seam Loafers, size 9, Black
    Description: White Stripe Slim Shirt with Black Skinny Tie, size 16H, White
    Description: Washed Grey NY With Red Stitch Cap, size ONE, Grey
    Description: Melton Flawless NY Baseball, size ONE, Black

Total: £100.25

Used 10% off code for signing up to their newsletter. Thanks again Keith.
    Keith C wrote:
    I bought a few tshirts to make my order just over £100 & P&P as they are offering money off vouchers foe next purchase.
    What's this about? My order was just over £100 too (oh... but that was including P&P).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

your going to look good Basq in the new suit, loafers and the basball cap, you going for the michael scofield look?!

• Advertisement

brightkane wrote: »
    your going to look good Basq in the new suit, loafers and the basball cap, you going for the michael scofield look?!
    Damn.. who told?! :D

Now all I need is squinty eyes and about €4000 worth of tattoos done.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

This is a pretty good deal! The boss is over from the UK in 2 weeks so I will swap my trackie and hoody for one of these sharp suits :)

Question: How are they for Pants fit?
    I have tree truck legs. Are the measurements generous or forgiving? Some makes fit me at 42 and some don't. Should I risk it? Most of these suits are slim fit but the 3rd one doesn't mention slim anywahere so that's the one im looking at...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Thanks OP,I just ordered myself one of those suits as well,along with a few other bits and pieces as well.
    Have a wedding at the start of May so its an option.If I wear it then I wear it,if I don't then I don't.
    Really good value:)

It all appears to be out of stock now :(

Appears to be alright.

Just got an e-mail notifying me of dispatch just there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Cheers OP.

I wonder would these special Mod clothes fit us mere mortals?:D
    basquille wrote: »
    Cheers KeithC.

Was fantastic value it must be said. I presume their suits are decent quality? First time I've ordered from them but got:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Nice, i'll have a mooch at this later on. Love Burton clothes, the only place i can actually get clothes to fit me.
    Be warned though, the slim fit is exactly that. I'm a narrow git, and it fits me nicely.

Cheers KeithC.

Description: Washed Grey NY With Red Stitch Cap, size ONE, Grey
    Description: Melton Flawless NY Baseball, size ONE, Black

Total: £100.25

Used 10% off code for signing up to their newsletter. Thanks again Keith.

What's this about? My order was just over £100 too (oh... but that was including P&P).

Went for that suit myself :D they had all sizes when i bought yesterday but it flies out very quick. You can also return goods to ROI store if the size isnt good & either change the size (if roi stock the goods) or get a refund in euro (youll prob lose a few quid but its still cheaper then the shop prices)

the money off works as below

Spend £50 Get £50!
    Burton's Spend £50, Get £50 OfferSpend £50 online between 4th April and 30th April 2009 and receive up to £50 in vouchers to use on your next purchase from Burton.co.uk.
    All you have to do to qualify for the vouchers is spend a minimum of £50 online between 4th April and 30th April 2009. Once you've qualified we'll send you three unique voucher codes on or before 30th April 2009 for the following savings the next time you shop online at burton.co.uk:

£5 off when you spend £30
    £15 off when you spend £60
    £30 off when you spend £100

That's a total of £50 in savings and up to 30% off your next shop online at burton.co.uk.

Your unique voucher codes are redeemable on online purchases at Burton.co.uk between 5th May 2009 and 30th May 2009 only.

off topic but how do i display the webage picture?? Basquille you use it a lot when posting alerts.

Dont forget next time you oder to sign up to newsletter to get 10% off code. Ive used same email address on 2 seperate orders no problem.

@ basquille suit im wearing now was bought in burtons for €140 & its lasted longer then ones ive bought in river island for €200 plus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Argh! Arrived home at 4, too late. Let us know how the suits work out in case they do this again.

Keith C wrote: »
    Went for that suit myself :D they had all sizes when i bought yesterday but it flies out very quick. You can also return goods to ROI store if the size isnt good & either change the size (if roi stock the goods) or get a refund in euro (youll prob lose a few quid but its still cheaper then the shop prices)
    I reckon the 32R will fit me.. my current and only suit doesn't have trouser measurements on it - looked everywhere. But my last pair of jeans from Next are a 32R.
    the money off works as below

Spend £50 Get £50!
    Burton's Spend £50, Get £50 OfferSpend £50 online between 4th April and 30th April 2009 and receive up to £50 in vouchers to use on your next purchase from Burton.co.uk.
    All you have to do to qualify for the vouchers is spend a minimum of £50 online between 4th April and 30th April 2009. Once you've qualified we'll send you three unique voucher codes on or before 30th April 2009 for the following savings the next time you shop online at burton.co.uk:

£5 off when you spend £30
    £15 off when you spend £60
    £30 off when you spend £100

That's a total of £50 in savings and up to 30% off your next shop online at burton.co.uk.

Your unique voucher codes are redeemable on online purchases at Burton.co.uk between 5th May 2009 and 30th May 2009 only.
    Good value... I spent over £100 but excluding the shipping, it was only about £97. Still.. if I get £15 or £20 in vouchers, I'd be happy!
    off topic but how do i display the webage picture?? Basquille you use it a lot when posting alerts.
    You were "close-ish".. you posted the link to the page but inside an image tag like so:

[PHP]CategoryDisplay?catalogId=20553&storeId=12551&categoryId=160976&parent_category_rn=63454&langId=-1&top=Y&intcmpid=HPCMS_PROMO4[/PHP]

You should be posting the link inside an URL tag and an image tag inside that. Sounds more complex than it is:

[PHP]category_bundle_banner_orange.gif[/PHP]
    @ basquille suit im wearing now was bought in burtons for €140 & its lasted longer then ones ive bought in river island for €200 plus!!
    Good to hear.. looking forward to seeing it now.

Been meaning to buy a new one for ages... and it was a great offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Basquille & others. Just a caution re those slim trousers. Note Slim. They are slim. I am by no means a burly fellow, but those trousers are very tight around the thighs. I got mine just after Christmas in their last 50% off Sale. I hope I dont spoil anything for ye. Post your comments when ye get delivery next week, please.

BUMP!

This is available again... BE QUICK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

dam it, cant find my jacket size on any of my tousers!!!

anyone get their suit yet or voucher codes?

Nope, I expected my suit by now... they despatched it on 9th April! :(

No voucher codes either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

No voucher codes but I've received the suit, sent on the 9th and I got it on the 15th, delivered by parcelforce.

I'm gunna put in an order now. The boot type shoes are out of stock afaik so any of those suits are out... They look like ankle cutters anyway.

From previous posters I gather that the slim fit is pretty slim, I really hope the regular fit is actually regular. I'm a 40" waist but get 42" for the leg room. Anyone know if the waist to leg ratio is good/bad? I guess I'll find out myself soon. For £86 you can't go wrong like.:)

Bill-e wrote: »
    I'm gunna put in an order now. The boot type shoes are out of stock afaik so any of those suits are out... They look like ankle cutters anyway.

From previous posters I gather that the slim fit is pretty slim, I really hope the regular fit is actually regular. I'm a 40" waist but get 42" for the leg room. Anyone know if the waist to leg ratio is good/bad? I guess I'll find out myself soon. For £86 you can't go wrong like.:)

ill let you know whenever it gets here!! if its wrong size you can return it to roi shop & change it. if thet dont have the suit they'll convert sterling to euro & give refund

What the hell?!

Sent Burton an e-mail saying my order still hadn't arrived and could they check the whereabouts of it, as the tracking number they provided didn't work in Ireland.

And they simply refunded me my money with no explanation.. I wanted the suit.. I didn't ask for a refund! :mad:
    Dear basquille

Thank you for choosing to buy from burton.co.uk

We have processed your refund for the following items on order no. XXXXXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ablelocks

What the hell?!

Sent Burton an e-mail saying my order still hadn't arrived and could they check the whereabouts of it, as the tracking number they provided didn't work in Ireland.

And they simply refunded me my money with no explanation.. I wanted the suit.. I didn't ask for a refund! :mad:

you'd never know - you might still get the suit?!

did you get a shipping confirmation email? I did, but it only shipped on Monday 20/4 so I wasn't expecting it to arrive till next Friday or even Monday....

ablelocks wrote: »
    you'd never know - you might still get the suit?!

did you get a shipping confirmation email? I did, but it only shipped on Monday 20/4 so I wasn't expecting it to arrive till next Friday or even Monday....
    Yeah, was sent an e-mail saying it was despatched on April 9th.

Doubtful I'd get the suit at this stage!

I'm more annoyed they refunded me without reason.. I wanted the suit, and the promotion seems to be over again now! :(

Yeah, was sent an e-mail saying it was despatched on April 9th.

Doubtful I'd get the suit at this stage!

I'm more annoyed they refunded me without reason.. I wanted the suit, and the promotion seems to be over again now! :(

got this today

Dear Keith

Thank you for choosing to buy from burton.co.uk

We have processed your refund for the following items on order no.

Quantity: 1
    Description: Cream Waffle Grandad Neck Long Sleeve T-Shirt, size MED, Cream
    Refund: 5.00

Description: Black Basic Y-Neck Long Sleeve T-Shirt, size MED, Black
    Refund: 7.00

Refund: 18.00

Refund: 35.00

Description: Black Slim Mod Fit Trousers, size 34R, Black
    Refund: 30.00

Description: Black Slim Mod Fit Jacket, size 40R, Black
    Refund: 69.00

Total refunded: 99.90

If your original order contained a promotional discount, we have taken this into account so the refund price of individual items may therefore vary from the original selling price.

Please allow 3-5 working days for the money to show in your account. Each item will show as a separate refund on your statement from Burton.

Although these items weren't what you were looking for, we're constantly adding new lines at burton.co.uk so check back soon. While you're there why not sign up for our newsletter so you'll be the first to receive exclusive offers, discounts and fashion news direct to your inbox.

Kind regards.
    The Burton Online Team

and i have a dispatched confirmation email too :confused:
    think ill send a query email as i bought all the gear on the basis of getting the vouchers too.

You're in the same boat as me so Keith.

It's a bit lousy that they'd issue the refund without any indication as to why.

Sent them an e-mail saying:
    Dear Sir / Madam,

I did not ask for a refund.. I asked for the whereabouts of the items I ordered. Surely the tracking ID can tell you such.

If the item was lost in transit, I'd have preferred a replacement being sent out as opposed to the refund.

Was going to re-order but the promotion is now ended.

Regards,

basquille

sent this off

Dear Sir/madam
    Im very disappointed with the service recently recieved. I participated in your suited & booted offer. I received your promotion email 8th April & ordered immediatly as there was plenty of stock availible.
    Please see order confirmation from yourselves dated 8th April.
    I then received an order confirmation email see below dated 9th April which is an excellant turnaround time.
    Then today 22nd April I receive a refund email, which doesnt include the £3.95 delivery charge i might add. I had also expected to receive £50 in vouchers as my order is over £100 in accordance with your promotion.
    I have attached all 3 emails below.
    Can you please explain why i was charged, received an order confirmation & then received a refund (wrong amount) almost 2 weeks later with no explanation?
    Not only have i lost out on your excellant offer but I had also expected to receive £50 in vouchers to spend on your website in May.
    I appreciate there is massive demand when offers like this are introduced but given that my credit card was charged & I received a dispatch email, I accept these as valid confirmation that i would receive my goods.
    Can you make good on the order & the vouchers?

Awaiting your advices.

• Advertisement

hmmmm after the suit fiasco should i........

Advertisement