Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Anpr cars don't have to be traffic some regular cars and task force cars have then close to the border!! RSU have them up that way too

I think all main regular should have them but never happen but RSU should have them from crime fighting point of view not just traffic stuff

But the problem is there not enough traffic cars that have them here at moment great tool tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

cracking looking Volvo..

carzony wrote: »
    cracking looking Volvo..

Better looking than this v70

POGAN wrote: »

the silver is nicer than the white..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

cracking looking Volvo..

That's the first Met bog standard car near to where I stay that hasn't been a Focus, i30 or an Astra. I wonder if there is ever competition as to which car you take out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

Looks like the guy who had the stanley knife to cut out the chunk for Armed Support Unit had the shakes.

kub wrote: »
    Looks like the guy who had the stanley knife to cut out the chunk for Armed Support Unit had the shakes.

It's so cheap looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Are these the new RSU volvos ? Please say no

3fullback wrote: »
    Are these the new RSU volvos ? Please say no

The used uk purchase yup they don't look mean like the xc70

The used uk purchase yup they don't look mean like the xc70

I suppose the usual idiocy applied regarding the Gardai having to pay money they got from the tax payer, to pay for these cars, then the VRT and the VAT for the tax man who gives it all back then to them in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

A little LED light up unit in the rear side window would do the 'legal' part of informing the public - gas, no other police force in the world puts 'Armed police' on their cars, what next 'Handcuffs on board' :rolleyes:

Capri wrote: »
    A little LED light up unit in the rear side window would do the 'legal' part of informing the public - gas, no other police force in the world puts 'Armed police' on their cars, what next 'Handcuffs on board' :rolleyes:

You are right I always wondered what was the point. At that rate I am surprised they are not on branch cars and ERU vehicles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

You are right I always wondered what was the point. At that rate I am surprised they are not on branch cars and ERU vehicles

Isn't the point that we have an unarmed police force .... Yup plain clothes detectives can be armed.. The eru are armed (but neither do routine patrols or police work )
    Personally I think the RSU is a fudge... If we need more ERU units regionally then fine but don't bring in armed policing by stealth...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

There's a London Met Police Volvo.

Although it has ANPR, it is not being used for traffic as it turned up to deal with a drunk shoplifter.

When I first looked at that Volvo it looks similar to the i30, MAYBE Volvo UK did a fleet deal with the Met, a load of VOLVOS for the same price as the inferior i30's - Joe Public won't notice the badges

When I first looked at that Volvo it looks similar to the i30, MAYBE Volvo UK did a fleet deal with the Met, a load of VOLVOS for the same price as the inferior i30's - Joe Public won't notice the badges

Public see the reg like thinking the 11 reg Toyotas are still new they mostly fecked and alot been grounded or be wended

Markcheese wrote: »
    Isn't the point that we have an unarmed police force .... Yup plain clothes detectives can be armed.. The eru are armed (but neither do routine patrols or police work )
    Personally I think the RSU is a fudge... If we need more ERU units regionally then fine but don't bring in armed policing by stealth...

I think the whole point of the RSU is purely a detterent to armed mobs out there. The look of the vehicles, well up until now that is, they look like the business compared with ordinary patrol vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Public see the reg like thinking the 11 reg Toyotas are still new they mostly fecked and alot been grounded or be wended

Is that just down to miles - or are the cars themselves worn out/wrecked

Old diesel wrote: »
    Is that just down to miles - or are the cars themselves worn out/wrecked

Mileage normal but not great patrol car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Mileage normal but not great patrol car

What's the issue with them?
    I heard the annoying issue about being easy to forget to switch on headlights but not much else. Is problem lack of space or performance etc?

What's the issue with them?
    I heard the annoying issue about being easy to forget to switch on headlights but not much else. Is problem lack of space or performance etc?

Not as good as old mondeos was the major issue clutches going very quick, brakes! I drove the 2011 tourer taught it was grand and love the drive in i40 tourer

All headlight thing was sorted with sticker on the wheel

RSU lads in LK complain about the pick up on the xc70

• Advertisement

they made a right mess of them new shape avensis... such an ugly car..

they made a right mess of them new shape avensis... such an ugly car..

That's 12 reg facelift type that was brought in 2011 / 2012 just redeployed in traffic corp with battenburg

That's 12 reg facelift type that was brought in 2011 / 2012 just redeployed in traffic corp with battenburg

That's what I was wondering because it is not made by Hyundai

Just to be clear, I don't mean the battenburg, I mean Toyota made a mess of the slight design change..

No pics (bit slow off the mark today)
    142 Merc Sprinter (VW LT ?) DFB 'Incident Command' van
    06 Black 5-series (with towbar!) used by GTC on N11 near Bray (car pulled over being given a ticket) - that's 2 black Traffic cars on the N11 (i30 and 5 series )
    Which would be the better I wonder, 141 i30 or 06 5-series :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

06 Black 5-series (with towbar!) used by GTC on N11 near Bray (car pulled over being given a ticket) - that's 2 black Traffic cars on the N11 (i30 and 5 series )
    Which would be the better I wonder, 141 i30 or 06 5-series :confused:

Seen that 5 Series before on Harcourt Street, think its either a 523i or 525i though my eyes aren't the best at times.

10_03_08_14_2_36_49.jpeg
    From www.esforum.org

The original pic from http://www.fire-ireland.com/

Seen that 5 Series before on Harcourt Street, think its either a 523i or 525i though my eyes aren't the best at times.

Another gift from CAB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Probably, I noticed the toe bar myself when i saw it which made me think it was seized.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Nearly certain the i30 on the n11 isn't traffic depending on what part of the n11 your talking about tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

There's a London Met Police Volvo.

Although it has ANPR, it is not being used for traffic as it turned up to deal with a drunk shoplifter.

Its a fast response car. They usually will have quite a few pandas cars and then only 1 or 2 faster area cars they will be fully kitted out with ANPR and as many lights as a christmas tree. In my area its a VRS and then the on shift sergeant rolls around in a BMW 5 series.

foreign wrote: »
    10_03_08_14_2_36_49.jpeg
    From www.esforum.org

The original pic from http://www.fire-ireland.com/

X-tra large ambulance for X-tra large patients :o

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/new-ambulance-can-take-60stone-patient-30551649.html

Black BMW,520/3/5/8 ? if/when someone gets the reg then the mystery'll be solved.

Black BMW,520/3/5/8 ? if/when someone gets the reg then the mystery'll be solved.

Isn't there a rule about discussing unmarked cars here? Or at least their roles.

Isn't there a rule about discussing unmarked cars here? Or at least their roles.
    If there is a written rule then quote it for all to abide by, but as a general rule 'unmarked cars ' generally announce themselves without any help from this forum?

If there is a written rule then quote it for all to abide by, but as a general rule 'unmarked cars ' generally announce themselves without any help from this forum?

That's why I've got a question mark at the end of the sentence, it's a while since I've looked at the rules but seem to remember some mod intervention before.

• Advertisement

That's why I've got a question mark at the end of the sentence, it's a while since I've looked at the rules but seem to remember some mod intervention before.

Regarding what I said about getting the reg.,what I meant was if I or someone got the reg., put it into Cartell / DD and get the cc - not post the reg. here for all to see.

Regarding the general conversation about 'proper' cars such as BMW's / Audi being used - it's evident from this BMW and the 07 S60 used by traffic that there are SOME 'proper' cars being used to suppliment the unmarked 131 Mondeos - we can't afford to have a fleet of BMW 540's posted in every district :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Capri;92033484
    Regarding the general conversation about 'proper' cars such as BMW's / Audi being used - it's evident from this BMW and the 07 S60 used by traffic that there are SOME 'proper' cars being used to suppliment the unmarked 131 Mondeos - we can't afford to have a fleet of BMW 540's posted in every district :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately.

Your dream motor ?
    http://rsg-ontop.com/emergency/mcs-32-controller-and-bmw-response-24-package/

or even http://rsg-ontop.com/emergency/vauxhall-insignia-police-vehicle/

http://rsg-ontop.com/emergency/skoda-ambulance-fleet-vehicles/

Don't see any Hyundais mentioned -
    Hyundai is proud to supply vehicles to 40 out of the 57 police forces in the UK, as well as both fire & rescue and ambulance services.

We gained acceptance onto the PITO Framework Agreement in October 2010 and have since delivered many different models to these services. As a result of another successful tender, we also work with approved converters to turn base vehicles into fully liveried, equipped and operational police vehicles
    Where the 'buyers' will be heading , IF there's any funds to send them :rolleyes:
    http://www.emergencyuk.com/

London Air Ambulance rapid response Skoda VRs http://londonsairambulance.co.uk/our-service/news/2014/05/new-look-rapid-response-cars

I don't understand why Ford don't bring the interceptor ove to Europe. It's just a Mondeo really and designed for the police. I'm sure they could do something with the engines too to make them more appropriate for our markets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I don't understand why Ford don't bring the interceptor ove to Europe. It's just a Mondeo really and designed for the police. I'm sure they could do something with the engines too to make them more appropriate for our markets.

Georgia have recently taken delivery of some PI Taurus' I believe.

http://mirianjugheli.com/2014/01/20/need-for-speed-style-car-for-georgian-police/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Whats the story with using that Merc as an ambulance? The back of it doesn't look kitted out very well, likewise for CEN compliance ect is it not supposed to be the usual colours?

donvito99 wrote: »
    Georgia have recently taken delivery of some PI Taurus' I believe.

http://mirianjugheli.com/2014/01/20/need-for-speed-style-car-for-georgian-police/

The Taurus and Fusion/Mondeo are totally different machines - can you imagine all the 'She's not a daysel ? ' comments. A lot of countries aren't as hung up about diesel as we are here and only want performance.
    The new Fusion (2015 Mondeo ) doesn't have a police package in the US http://www.government-fleet.com/news/list/tag/ford-police-interceptor.aspx but you can be sure Ford UK will have one ready in their lineup

Moto-Guzzi police bike :eek:
    http://www.government-fleet.com/channel/law-enforcement/news/story/2013/11/piaggio-offers-moto-guzzi-police-motorcycles.aspx

Cars, but no sirens/radios
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-13/news/ct-state-police-squad-cars-met-0413-20140413_1_squad-cars-parking-lot-state-highways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Seen a lovely looking 142 Ambulance today, how much would they go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Boaty wrote: »
    Seen a lovely looking 142 Ambulance today, how much would they go for?

About €100,00 fully kitted I was told before

Another show to dream at
    (Translation)
    Police Cars: Exhibition GPEC 2014- 02.09.2014
    New cars for police
    BMW, Mercedes, Smart and VW show at the trade fair in Leipzig GPEC, what's new in special and emergency vehicles for the police.

From 9 to 11 September 2014 in Leipzig is the safety fair GPEC (General Police Equipment Exhibition & Conference) instead. Among other things, show BMW , Mercedes , Smart and VW at Europe's largest trade fair for police equipment and safety engineering their latest application and special vehicles.

Picture gallery - drool :rolleyes:

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/neue-polizeiautos-gpec-2014-5289864.html#bild1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Another show to dream at
    (Translation)
    Police Cars: Exhibition GPEC 2014- 02.09.2014
    New cars for police
    BMW, Mercedes, Smart and VW show at the trade fair in Leipzig GPEC, what's new in special and emergency vehicles for the police.

From 9 to 11 September 2014 in Leipzig is the safety fair GPEC (General Police Equipment Exhibition & Conference) instead. Among other things, show BMW , Mercedes , Smart and VW at Europe's largest trade fair for police equipment and safety engineering their latest application and special vehicles.

Picture gallery - drool :rolleyes:

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/neue-polizeiautos-gpec-2014-5289864.html#bild1

All very nice however I don't see where there is a secure spot to hold ones coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Note the camera on the Garda outriders helmet.

Would it be for evidence in court or for a TV program such as Traffic Blues?
    Is it owned by the Garda himself or AGS?
    Why is he the only one in the photo with a camera on his helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭kiteman

D Trent wrote: »
    Note the camera on the Garda outriders helmet.

Would it be for evidence in court or for a TV program such as Traffic Blues?
    Is it owned by the Garda himself or AGS?
    Why is he the only one in the photo with a camera on his helmet

Maybe its on trial from the manufacturer.

Zambia wrote: »
    All very nice however I don't see where there is a secure spot to hold ones coffee.

Nice business opportunity for someone - Police-spec non-spill 1 litre coffee cup / Breakfast roll x2 holder to fit i30 (remove back seat ?? :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement
Advertisement