Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Des wrote: »
    so Keith is making stuff up then?
    Assumed it was Man Utd. Could be others too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Keith... just another little gentle reminder seeing as you ignored the last one...
    KeithAFC wrote: »
    Well done on the title win Celtic.

I may as well take this time to remind you of our little wager...

Should you be willing to place a charity wager on the winner of this year's SPL I shall accept.
    What charity?
    Charity to be chosen by the winner of the bet.

You win you nominate a charity for me to pay, I win I nominate a charity for you to pay.
    Welcome back Keith!!! I missed you buddy!

You gonna answer me about the bet now and try to win some money for charity or are you going to admit Celtic are going to win the league?
    If you wish. Go for it. I will do it.
    Good lad. €50?
    Sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Des wrote: »
    so Keith is making stuff up then?

Noo way ah go on out of that, Keith?? Never, next you'll be telling me that Whyte is a little dodgy, Im feckin shocked*

*sarcasm may have been used in the above post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thrill wrote: »
    :eek:

That was known for quite a while tbh

• Advertisement

Noo way ah go on out of that, Keith?? Never, next you'll be telling me that Whyte is a little dodgy, Im feckin shocked*

*sarcasm may have been used in the above post
    Read my post above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Keith... just another little gentle reminder seeing as you ignored the last one...

I look forward to seeing what charity you choose :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Assumed it was Man Utd. Could be others too.

One can only hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Read my post above.

I already did, you originally stated it was Man Utd, you then back tracked and claimed you assumed it was, that is by definition making stuff up!

I already did, you originally stated it was Man Utd, you then back tracked and claimed you assumed it was, that is by definition making stuff up!
    :pac: One can wish..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Thrill wrote: »
    James Cook @BBCJamesCook Strathclyde Police seeking urgent meeting with #Rangers' administrators to ensure policing bills will be paid. If not, can't police matches.

Strathclyde Police have received assurances from Rangers about payment for services for the match on Saturday so looks like the game will go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Most Clubs in England will have used their VAT & PAYE obligations to pay bills - essentially using the tax man as a Bank - at one point or other. My Club have been in the Courts four or five times over the past two seasons because of it. HMRC have been pretty quick in recent times at slapping any club with a winding up order who haven't paid those responsibilities.

If HMRC are using Rangers as a test case then I'd have thought that it suggests that other clubs may have tried to exploit this loophole that Rangers did with the Employee Benefits Trust mentioned in post #21. If they're going after Clubs who make the most use of image rights payments then it could well be all of the big boys, including Man United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

:pac: One can wish..

So what charity you going to pay as a result of your bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I look forward to seeing what charity you choose :D

Sinn Fein.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Strathclyde Police have received assurances from Rangers about payment for services for the match on Saturday so looks like the game will go ahead.

Rangers will get their money's worth this weekend!

Rangers administrators have said that the club failed to pay £9m in tax since the takeover in May

http://www.mcr.uk.com/duff-amp-phelps-appointed-administrators-of-rangers-football-club.html

Dempsey wrote: »
    Rangers will get their money's worth this weekend!

It'll be a fiery atmosphere alright, don't think Whyte will be going in amongst the fans like he did a few weeks back!

RoryMac wrote: »
    It'll be a fiery atmosphere alright, don't think Whyte will be going in amongst the fans like he did a few weeks back!

That will depend on whether the police do their job or not! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

What happens now for Rangers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They will probably start next season with a clean slate but no eurofootie. Scottish and British football is arguably better off without them but Celtic badly need them and so do Hibs. Otherwise they are in trouble next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

rarnes1 wrote: »

Paul Murray has asked for a meeting with the administrators to ask how much it would take to buy the club now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Heartbroken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

rarnes1 wrote: »

Liquidation is a strong possibility. If the HMRC win the case then I can't see any other outcome. This would mean the club is gone. They would cease to exist.

If this doesn't happen and they survive then they will be financially crippled for years to come. No European football for three years, most of the playing squad sold off. The whole works.

Rangers as we know them are done.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They will probably start next season with a clean slate but no eurofootie. Scottish and British football is arguably better off without them but Celtic badly need them and so do Hibs. Otherwise they are in trouble next.

Uninformed claptrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

As a Celtic fan i actually hope they don't fold, we can do just fine without them(it's bollocks to say we need them tbh) and would be better off in many ways but yin needs yang and all that. Not having a major rival would get boring after not too long. What i'm hoping for personally is that they stick around and struggle for the next decade or so, we get to pump them every year a few times and inflict on them what they did to us in the 90s :D

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Rangers as we know them are done I hope.

Fixed that for you.
    There's other options, like not the club but the company (Wavetower) being liquidated.

Sure, there will be a few years of **** to clean up, but Rangers will not be 'done'.

Ye came back stronger through unsustainable spending during a period where Celtic were financially crippled and went a 'tenner for every fiver' when McCann sorted us out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Here is an excellent charity mo chara, very worthwhile.
    The National Graves Association.
    http://www.nga.ie/
    The objectives of the Association have always been:

To restore, where necessary, and maintain fittingly the graves and memorials of our patriot dead of every generation.

To commemorate those who died in the cause of Irish freedom.

To compile a record of such graves and memorials.

They do excellent work maintaining the graves of Ireland's patriot dead, here is an example of their work:

The grave of Castlerea Fenian John Lavin, unveiled by Maud Gonne in 1901:

Before:

189904_197159883641747_165309353493467_662357_5768127_n.jpg

After:
    190268_197159856975083_165309353493467_662356_6213966_n.jpg

They maintain and repair graves and monuments all over the country, but due to a lack of funds not all can be looked after.

They receive no money from the government and rely on money gained from the sale of Lilly's at Easter as well as kind donations.

I think that this would be an excellent charity for you to nominate, a very, very worthy cause. Too many graves of Irish patriots are neglected and they are desperate for money.

I hope you nominate this charity, I'm sure we will all be delighted to see Keith's hard earned cash going towards this particular cause.

There are loads of ways he can donate, paypal, by post etc.

http://www.nga.ie/donate.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.
    There's other options, like not the club but the company (Wavetower) being liquidated.

Sure, there will be a few years of **** to clean up, but Rangers will not be 'done'.

Realistically i don't think Rangers will wind up, its only happened afaik with Gretna and Chester. Crystal Palace and Leeds were able to narrowly avert it and Rangers are a bigger entity than both. Not too big to go bust, but maybe too big and too popular to fold?

What i do expect though(and hope), is like i said above - we inflict on you what you did to us in the 90s.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Ye came back stronger through unsustainable spending during a period where Celtic were financially crippled and went a 'tenner for every fiver' when McCann sorted us out.

I was actually talking about the early years of the club.

Advertisement