Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

You know when a straight guy goes around and score loads of girls, he's nearly considered a hero (of sorts). Well if a gay guys were to go around and score loads of guys, would he be consider a hero (of sorts) or just a slut? Is there a line in the sand for gay guys when it comes to promiscuity?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You know when a straight guy goes around and score loads of girls, he's nearly considered a hero (of sorts). Well if a gay guys were to go around and score loads of guys, would he be consider a hero (of sorts) or just a slut? Is there a line in the sand for gay guys when it comes to promiscuity?

TBH I think only a certain type of person has that view about guys vs girls...

Anyone watching the Superbowl? I have no clue what i'm watching, but GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The Superbowl.... only in America would their top sporting competition also sound like a large eating utensil...

Also, Tom Brady... phwoar!!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dark Chocolate

Bloody hell! I was just getting meself settled to see a great wildlife documentary on The Superb Owl. Next thing I see a load of fellas with thunder-thighs prancing around in tights and giant shoulderpads. Not my type at all, I'm afraid.

What a comedown.

UGH!!!

Dating is so complicated!

If someone isn't interested, why does it always take so long to get a single phrase out of their mouth, i.e., "I'm not interested". Simples! Personally, the truth doesn't offend me much. I wish humanity was just more up front and honest with each other.

Sometimes, just sometimes...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

After 11 months of irregular employment and unemployment, I finally got a job down in Tuam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dark Chocolate

Congrats on the job. Commiserations on Tuam! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Ah Tuam isn't the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

After 11 months of irregular employment and unemployment, I finally got a job down in Tuam :D
    Yay!!!! Luck finally arrives - congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Congrats ITMA, hope the N17 treats you well :)

• Advertisement

Oh it will I tellz ya!

Whoop, well done you! :D

Did you ever feel like running away from the real world, with some random person you just met, to an undiscovered desert island and setting up a coconut plantation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Did you ever feel like running away from the real world, with some random person you just met, to an undiscovered desert island and setting up a coconut plantation?

No, but I've dreamt of running away with certain people and living in bliss like that... but sadly life can get in the way...:(

It's FFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!

Happy weekend everyone. I'm looking forward to a very swish afternoon tea on Sunday with the very lovely new woman in my life :):)

Blahhhhh!!!! Anyone else feeling less than enthusiastic today? I'm shattered and the rugby match was cancelled. Was hoping to see Ireland vent some fraustration for the 2 point loss to Italy last week.

Yep been having one if those days when the engine just barely turns over - trundles along for a few hours then sputters into 'this is your brain speaking- in off into hibernation. Feck off. Do not disturb etc'dom.

All I've done apart from eat I'd watch a few feel good movies.

However I was up late on fri night as I was asked for some 'desert' for today. I made the dark choc fudge frosting cuppins (texture of a cupcake in muffin size) with a twist. I added a square of dark coacoa with caramel Lindt choc into each.
    The trick to stop the choc piece sinking to the bottom: cook half filled muffin cases for several mins - till it's just barely toughened up. Pop in the choc and pour the rest of the cake mix then bake for the usual allotted time.
    They. Are. Sinful. Gives them a gorgeous centre. Useful baking tip!

Just back to the city after spending the day with my girlfriend and my Dad decorating his house. TBH I think he prefers her to me...

;)

Have an tooth abscess, very very sore but I'm smiling! The very lovely very new woman in my life who I wasn't meant to be seeing today, brought me painkillers and stayed a while to cheer me up :) Sometimes, albeit not often enough for most of us, just sometimes life is grand :)

Probably my favourite U2 song, much of the rest is just bollocks, imo.

• Advertisement

Just back from the Melissa Etheridge gig in the Olympia. Oh, man, it was SO GOOD! She's a proper musician, was amazing. Best gig I've been to in years!!!

Just back from the Melissa Etheridge gig in the Olympia. Oh, man, it was SO GOOD! She's a proper musician, was amazing. Best gig I've been to in years!!!

Didn't know she was touring! Was it a one off B&C? Have never seen her but I reckon she would match the Indigo Girls live?

It was a one-off, she was starting her European tour here last night. She's doing a load of shows over in the UK in the next week or so though if you wanted to see her, she never plays over here. I've never seen the Indigo Girls live, but man oh man, Melissa was incredible. Such a talented musician, and serious stage presence and stage craft. Well recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

In Dublin for the next cpl days with work - I mite venture out on the scene at some stage!

Modern technology + modern communication....
    Sitting on the loo with my phone 'pinning all the things' (a fellow pinhead will understand!) and mum sends a Facebook message telling me to come here to her when im done. At least she didn't tell people where I was!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I;ve got a better one:

you're playing a playstation game and you get hungry:

save the game, quit game, internet browser.
    Online Pizza delivery, serch nearest, order pizza, quit browser.

start up game, load from save point.

...wait for pizza.

It's only a matter of time before you'll be able to browse on the net without quitting the game.

x, shoot
    o, duck
    L1: order a pizza:D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There was a "/pizza" command in Everquest 2 which brought up the Pizza Hut website...

There was a "/pizza" command in Everquest 2 which brought up the Pizza Hut website...
    So... The too lazy to cook gamer thing is widespread! Just kidding, I know what it's like when you're on a roll!

In my day twas pause the megadrive / play station, pick up the phone, go back to game, pause when the doorbell goes, eat pizza and play one handed <-- like a boss

Gotta love the convenience of being to order online though!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

hope everyone has noticed Stephen ns survey in the sticky at the top

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Twas an outstanding day in work and good old quite birthday topped off by a speeding fine :(

Advertisement