Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AVB sacked!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Another "fresh" start for Torres?!:eek:

I reckon he's partly to blame for seeing off 2 managers

If he just did his job and put the ball in the net, we wouldnt have this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The clique of senior players at Chelsea win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Another "fresh" start for Torres?!:eek:

I reckon he's partly to blame for seeing off 2 managers

If he just did his job and put the ball in the net, we wouldnt have this thread

That is just slightly simplistic logic.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

With Di Matteo staying on as manager in my mind it signals the return of Mourinho in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Cant see the Special One coming back to Stamford Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

SantryRed wrote: »
    The clique of senior players at Chelsea win.
    I agree with you on that, I think the Chelsea players went against him. It looked that way judging by their body language (and AVB's body language too). If that is the case, it will be a problem at Chelsea until there is a clear out of the players that are ruling the dressing room.

Feel for AVB, he had a great thing going on at Porto and left it for what seemed to be a very unhappy time at Chelsea.

I think there was a division of loyalties in this chelsea dressing room and when that happens the clock starts to tick for the manager. Phil Scolari had a similar problem with Ballack refusing to play beside Deco and Deco in turn referring to Ballack as 'the German'. Drogba also thought he could pick the team. Not so sure if AVB could get the best out of the players in any scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

cournioni wrote: »
    I agree with you on that, I think the Chelsea players went against him. It looked that way judging by their body language (and AVB's body language too). If that is the case, it will be a problem at Chelsea until there is a clear out of the players that are ruling the dressing room.

Feel for AVB, he had a great thing going on at Porto and left it for what seemed to be a very unhappy time at Chelsea.

Porto was a much smaller job TBF. His success at Porto didn't warrant him getting the Chelsea job. The job was to big for him.

He didn't have the man-management skills to deal with the the big players.

He should of handled a lot of situations better as wellIMO. We all no Lampard shouldn't be a confirmed starter every week, but the way AVB handled that situation was all wrong IMO.

Falling out with your senior players is always going to be disastrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Porto was a much smaller job TBF. His success at Porto didn't warrant him getting the Chelsea job. The job was to big for him.

He should of handled a lot of situations better as wellIMO. We all no Lampard shouldn't be a confirmed starter every week, but the way AVB handled that situation was all wrong IMO.

The real disastrous decision was associating himself with Chelsea in the first place. He should have stayed at Porto until a big job became available at a decent club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

AgileMyth wrote: »
    The real disastrous decision was associating himself with Chelsea in the first place. He should have stayed at Porto until a big job became available at a decent club.

This.

With that said, I don't think this is the end of him by any means, there's a lot he can learn from this experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Considering he already worked at Chelsea he probably thought he had a head start going there .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

He was always going to be undermined at Chelsea. You have players nearly the same age as the man who have egos that are hard to manage. He never had the power to control these players and I think at one stage he pretty much said the same in a different way.
    He will be better off without Chelsea and the clowns there. Good manager who deserved better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

This pretty much sums it up for me ....
    @georgina_turner: Chelsea make football feel seedy. A club that will pay £15m to buy a manager out of a project elsewhere and then won't buy his philosophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

AVB was out of his depth at Chelsea - he was a poor choice to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Chelsea are a basket case, will be amazed if they get a top level manager this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Who is left for them?

I can only think of Capello, but not sure he wants to keep coaching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Chelsea are a basket case, will be amazed if they get a top level manager this time.

Eh, i'm sure the salery isn't too bad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

mixednuts wrote: »
    This pretty much sums it up for me ....

I hate the use of the word 'project' when it comes to football. It does my head in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

Di Matteo in charge...

AKA Lamps and Terry in charge. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

606 seems to be providing a gathering for the seriously stupid wing of Chelsea fans who think it is all AVB's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

That's the common media fed opinion, like Suarez being a diver (Not saying he isn't btw), and Phil Jones being the best CB in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Also sacked over the phone supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

LOL at the way Chelsea is run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Well thats the 4th place wrapped up for Arsenal now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Well thats the 4th place wrapped up for Arsenal now

Nope, if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be worried about a rejuvenated Chelsea putting a run together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Hands off David Moyes Roman!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Blatter wrote: »
    Nope, if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be worried about a rejuvenated Chelsea putting a run together.

Race for top 4 will be exciting can see Spurs dropping off too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Race for top 4 will be exciting can see Spurs dropping off too

Spurs have Everton away next as well, could see them drawing or even losing that. They really don't deserve to fall out of the top 4 given how they've played this season but I could see them imploding. Interesting times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Another significant day for the fact that we have three chaps named Roberto managing in the Premier League.

Advertisement