Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

to be free!! mean's what!?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Not at all, define freedom? It's as OT as you'll get.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Do you expect people to repeat themselves?

So if I explain again, will I be sure you listened. Should I rephrase it in a way for you, to want to have it in a comforting tone childlike way to describe freedom so it will deem to agree with you.

Some people don't care of opinon or peoples view's they just like to hear what they want to hear, this is the case with you so far. As the actions are clear above. Don't waste my time.

mysterious wrote: »
    Do you expect people to repeat themselves?

So if I explain again, will I be sure you listened. Should I rephrase it in a way for you, to want to have it in a comforting tone childlike way to describe freedom so it will deem to agree with you.

Some people don't care of opinon or peoples view's they just like to hear what they want to hear, this is the case with you so far. As the actions are clear above. Don't waste my time.

Huh?

Can you not elaborate a bit more? Who cares what anybody thinks?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Huh?

Can you not elaborate a bit more? Who cares what anybody thinks?

freedom.

OK.

Freedom is been able to create your universe and you will come to that stage ;)

OK, So what is this universe?

K-9 wrote: »
    OK, So what is this universe?

One Universe. All that can possibly exist, be it, be thought of what exist in it's field or what is, real or imaginery is both the same intially it both holds the same energy. All energy, matter dispersed and expanding all the time till complete expansion and harmony is created, then all the councious/aware self of the cosmos will unite as one again. When your soul reaches it's maxiumum, your energy field will be as great as a single atom universe, and your entity will create your universe. All souls are connected, all life is connect, all energy is connected.

Your freedom, is YOU creating your universe to be one, expand, disband and collapse.

Perfection is completion. You have the power, of all freedom that there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Typical:rolleyes:

I find that this reply is treating me like a child. Are you infringing on my freedom?

If you disagree that you're treating me like a child, aren't you then proving my point that such a position is entirely subjective?
    All I've done is speak my truth on here, your reply was anticipated.
    Personally, I don't really care whehter or not you personally anticipated my reply. I was was also offering (a part of) my truth...and yet I get the distinct impression that you feel that somehow I'm wrong to exercise this freedom, or that you disapprove of me doing so.

This, in effect, only adds to the point I was making. Freedom is subjective, and individual freedom is more-or-less meaningless in a societal context, as it ends up butting against the individual freedoms of others in a manner where one person's exercise of freedom becomes the denial of freedom to another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭jackiebrown

meglome wrote: »
    But Switzerland is so far away, plus my sister lives there.

I'm with you on making things better I just think you're being overly simplistic about it.

This will be the hardest but most natural time we will have. I think of myself as a wavefunction, peaks and troughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

I think of myself as a wavefunction, peaks and troughs.

And landing on zero twice every cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

i've yet to give my opinion so i will...

To be honest when i wrote the OP i had watched 'the shawshank redemption'.
    Fear can hold you prisoner...hope can set you free...
    everyone's think's and feel's free in this world, things like law's,rules,and war....even every day life holds person's prisoner to fear, The fear of not having hope is 'the shawshank conspiracy'.
    ''we sat and drank with the sun on our shoulder's and felt like free-men''
    so to have no freedom, is to fear no hope,to have freedom to me is to have hope,and an enduring relationship with your[my] soul....

Advertisement