Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Biffo in hiding, Barosso on the phone?

• 13-06-2008 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Do you reckon that Barosso has been on the phone roaring at Biffo? I wonder what he will have to say for himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

"They called our bluff? Oh f*ck"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Anyone heard anything from Cowen yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

hey bond biffo is not in the dictionary and your a mod on this site..god help this forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

We need to get a handle on this, will you ring those f***ers.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Anyone heard anything from Cowen yet?
    Not a peep out of him. I reckon that he is on the phone to the EU commision all morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

He's drawing up the second treaty proposal: Plan B

Yes or Yes.

Poor aul Cowen. He could end up being the least successful Taoiseach in history. Worst-case scenario: The rest of the EU go ahead, towing us behind like a little dinghy. FF's government partners withdraw in protest, government collapses, next General Election sees an FG/Lab coalition who pretty up the Lisbon Treaty and get it through.

ircoha wrote: »
    We need to get a handle on this, will you ring those f***ers.:)

Deadly! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

seamus wrote: »
    Poor aul Cowen. He could end up being the least successful Taoiseach in history. Worst-case scenario: The rest of the EU go ahead, towing us behind like a little dinghy. FF's government partners withdraw in protest, government collapses, next General Election sees an FG/Lab coalition who pretty up the Lisbon Treaty and get it through.
    Lol true, I kind of feel sorry for him, seems Bertie got out at just the right time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

seamus wrote: »

Agree, I think Bertie gave Biffo the ultimate "hospital pass".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Biffo & Co have done a legger!!! :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055313497

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

wonder if all them leaders can now agree on a way to tweak this country to its optimum

hey whiskeyman Brian Cowen has never run from anything in his life you tosshead..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

hey whiskeyman Brian Cowen has never run from anything in his life you moshhead..
    fixed

hey whiskeyman Brian Cowen has never run from anything in his life you tosshead..

Relax dude, he was only messin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Westminster is on the phone :)

"he plan is that all other countries will press ahead with backing the treaty. I am told Gordon Brown has phoned the French president to assure him that is what he will do. But this surely is just a holding pattern. Without Ireland on board Lisbon is dead."

Link Here http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/markmardell/

normally im very relaxed thank you but people coming on talking about someone that they know nothing about annoys me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Well they could use the treaty as a basis of a new union without Ireland. Ireland would then be free to rejoin under whatever terms are offered if it wished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

dloob wrote: »
    Well they could use the treaty as a basis of a new union without Ireland. Ireland would then be free to rejoin under whatever terms are offered if it wished.

This isn't going to happen.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

normally im very relaxed thank you but people coming on talking about someone that they know nothing about annoys me..

You know this is the internet ... right? :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cowen must feel like Bertie did after Nice.

@bookiebasher - you have a shrine to Biffo?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

you tosshead..

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

yes devore i do and when its used in the wrong way it can be a very very powerful tool....

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

But when used in the right way it is a very very weak tool???? Chill pill needed

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yes devore i do and when its used in the wrong way it can be a very very powerful tool....
    I think I may have said something like that before, myself...

I'm just saying that if your blood pressure goes higher then a rasta in Amsterdam everytime someone says something nasty on the internet about someone they dont know, then I fear for your well being. :)

DeV.

chill pill....??????......ok if bertie was still at the helm and i came on here with the heading.."" Where is jackeen hiding..???...probably slurping pints in fagans and on the mobile to Brussels" do u not think people would take offence???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

chill pill....??????......ok if bertie was still at the helm and i came on here with the heading.."" Where is jackeen hiding..???...probably slurping pints in fagans and on the mobile to Brussels" do u not think people would take offence???
    No. It's probably what he would be doing.

If you said that it would have still been funny and possibly true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

a very very powerful tool....

you talking about biffo again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wow...

I'd hit the report button for personal abuse, but I think you're the one suffering most after the result anyway! :pac::D:pac:

On topic - Going to be very interesting to see if things will appear strained publicly. Barosso et all are going to have to try as remain calm and collected as possible to win the public over for Lisbon Part Deux...

tbh...and your a mod on this site...GFY u gob****e...

Another 'No' vote going your way I think...