Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircraft that just flew out of dub airport

Options
  • 13-06-2008 2:02pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just looking out the window here in Blanchardstown corporate park and saw a massive grey plane. Looked military. Anyone tell me what it was? I know I'm vague and not very good at describing it. Suppose it had a fatter head/neck than the tail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Probably just a cargo plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

The EU are going to invade due to our refusal to agree to the treaty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Its Probabally the G W bush security plane.

He is due to land shortly in London

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

There was a very fast private jet shortly after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

There was a US military C17 parked remote today and was getting ready to go around midday so it was probably that. not allowed tell you what for!!!!!!!!!(joking,don't know!):confused:It was probably some companies leaving after the "no" vote !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

The C17, that was it!!! Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

jucylucy wrote: »
    There was a US military C17 parked remote today and was getting ready to go around midday so it was probably that. not allowed tell you what for!!!!!!!!!(joking,don't know!):confused:It was probably some companies leaving after the "no" vote !!

C17 is the main ride for the presidents convoy ( cars/limos etc ) now since the C141 has been retired and the C5 Galaxy is busy in places thats dusty and far away...:) Also the C17 can carry more than the C141 so its just all round better, suprising they didnt use EIME as Bal is a secure Military base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Slaanesh wrote: »
    There was a very fast private jet shortly after it.

Was she Mil or US Govt Aircraft? possibly one of the USAFE learjet C21's or C-20C Gulfstream3 as one was snapped at RAF Mildenhall today, serial for the C20CG3 for the number jotters of us is 85-0050, 99th AS used by the USAF for "Special Missions", basically rare as hens teeth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Wonder how many "terrorists" were brought to their knew "home" in Cuba for "questionning" in that gulfstream. I wonder did they enjoy the inflight service.

Advertisement