Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this logical? Fixing printer issues by cutting power for a lengthy period

Options
  • 25-06-2015 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

My A3 printer (HP 7500) has a strange issue whereby when you cancel a print job the printer thinks there is a paper jam (NOTE THERE IS DEFINITELY NOT A PAPER JAM)- 95% of the time this cannot be solved without following point 4 below:

1 - Of course I contacted HP and looked online for solutions none of which worked
    2 - I plugged out the printer (including taking what I think is the battery out) for a number of hours, then plugged it back in and the same issue was present
    3 - I plugged it out for a few days - same problem
    4 - I plugged it out for a number of weeks - problem solved i.e. there was no longer a "paper jam"!!

This scenario has happened to me about four times. It does not seem very logical to me.

Would it really take over 7 days for the printer to lose all its residual power and "forget" about it's faulty "paper jam" error?

Advertisement