Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

+1 for flu vacine, get it every year even more important when pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 irish25

Hi everyone!!im due the 12th of may!!!so excited!!just had a scan today was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

irish25 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!im due the 12th of may!!!so excited!!just had a scan today was great.

Same as me!! very exciting to have a date! where you having your baby?

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Same as me!! very exciting to have a date! where you having your baby?

In galway,how about you

Mullingar, just got date for second scan not untill the middle of February, seems ages away.

• Advertisement

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Mullingar, just got date for second scan not untill the middle of February, seems ages away.

Is that from the hospital?i haven't been contacted by the hospital at all yet!i had a scan at the doctors that I paid for because I couldn't relax until I seen it on screen hahaha.they said I'd only get one scan in the hospital at 25 weeks!!haha

irish25 wrote: »
    Is that from the hospital?i haven't been contacted by the hospital at all yet!i had a scan at the doctors that I paid for because I couldn't relax until I seen it on screen hahaha.they said I'd only get one scan in the hospital at 25 weeks!!haha

Yes just found out every hospital is different. In sligo you dont get a scan in hospital until 20 weeks. But in Mullingar and Ballinasloe they now give the first scan at approx. 12 - 15 weeks and then another at approx. 26 weeks.

Can i ask how much was the private scan was thinking maybe might get one in Janaury, Febraury is very far away.

Everywhere I looked was 60€ for the normal scan.my doctor had a small machine do he just did a very quick scan with no photos and chared me 30€

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alex24

Hey I'm 15 weeks now! Just wondering wel ago I got pins and needles in my hand then in my gums and lips? Has anyone else experienced this? Just never happened me b4!! Thanks!!

Just thought i'd give this thread a little bump, the May mammies seem awfully quiet. I'm 17 weeks today, this is my 1st pregnancy and everything going okay so far except for feeling tired a lot. Have my 20 week appointment in CUMH on new years eve!!. So fingers crossed all is okay. How are the rest of you getting on.

• Advertisement

deecee1 wrote: »
    Just thought i'd give this thread a little bump, the May mammies seem awfully quiet. I'm 17 weeks today, this is my 1st pregnancy and everything going okay so far except for feeling tired a lot. Have my 20 week appointment in CUMH on new years eve!!. So fingers crossed all is okay. How are the rest of you getting on.

Can i ask what do the hospital do at a 20 week appointment? have you had a scan yet? I know every hosptial is different but i havent heard anything about a 20 wk appointment, i dont think i'm back until Febraury, which seems ages from October

In the CUMH in Cork, I had a dating scan at 12 weeks and saw the midwife, then you see the G.P. at 16 weeks, then hospital appointment at 20 weeks, I'm not sure but I think they do an anomaly scan and you see the doctors at that stage. If everything's okay at 20 weeks I'm hoping to go to Cois Ti which is the midwife led clinics after that. This is my first pregnancy so not too sure when the next appts are after that. I do now that every hospital is different so i think it just depends on which you attend.

It is amazing how every hospital is different, i haven't heard anything about mid wife scheme nor have i met the doctor in the hospital just met the nurse and sonographer. One hospital appointment for scan at 12 weeks and then nothing until 26 weeks, but i see my g.p. every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

Hope everyone is doing well!

Just wondering have you's felt any kicks yet? I'm 18 weeks and nothing yet. I know its early yet but can't wait to feel it!

emz8 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing well!

Just wondering have you's felt any kicks yet? I'm 18 weeks and nothing yet. I know its early yet but can't wait to feel it!

I'm 19 weeks too and I have been feeling a lot of fluttering for the past week every day, strongest in the evening when I'm relaxed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭val444

Hi all,

I am 21 weeks now and nothing. Every scan I have had, we have seen the baby dancing away but for some reason, I have yet to feel it. It is worrying and I can't wait to feel it so that I have the reassurance.

The May mammies are very quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Seeger

val444 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am 21 weeks now and nothing. Every scan I have had, we have seen the baby dancing away but for some reason, I have yet to feel it. It is worrying and I can't wait to feel it so that I have the reassurance.

The May mammies are very quiet!

Could you have an anterior placenta? I do and I'm definitely noticing a lot less movement than my last pregnancy, it should be written in the notes on your scan where your placenta is located. It cushions the movements if your placenta is anterior. It's completely normal not to feel the movements at 21 weeks anyways, especially if it's your first pregnancy, it won't be long now till you start feeling them :)

Mine started kicking on Christmas day. It's just been flutters but then last night I felt real proper strong kicks. Amazing.
    Has everyone had their big scan yet? Had mine on Friday but the baby decided it didn't want to give anything away, couldn't tell the sex, and wouldn't move its hands from its face to get a proper picture!

Seeger wrote: »
    Could you have an anterior placenta? I do and I'm definitely noticing a lot less movement than my last pregnancy, it should be written in the notes on your scan where your placenta is located. It cushions the movements if your placenta is anterior. It's completely normal not to feel the movements at 21 weeks anyways, especially if it's your first pregnancy, it won't be long now till you start feeling them :)

Hi

I wasnt feeling a lot of kicks but I went for a 3d scan on Saturday (22wks) and she told me i have an anterior placenta to. Now she didnt explain what it meant so i googled it later and like Seeger says that could explain why you're not feeling much?

I'm 23 weeks tomorrow and wasn't feeling too much either some activity at night , although in the last few days I've been feeling a lot more. So after reading the last few comments I checked my notes and i've an anterior placenta as well. I wish they'd tell you that in the clinic I was starting to worry a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭val444

Hi, nope, not an anterior placenta, we checked that. We can hear baby kicking away when using a doppler, but still can't feel a thing and I am 22 weeks now! Erra, it will happen when it happens, I guess.

We are definetly the quiestest group of preggers!!

How is everyone getting on? Not too long left, six weeks and 3 days for me.
    Kicks are strong, my back is killing me and I'm told I'm huge about 5 times a day :P

Ridiculously quiet!

5 weeks to go, have the worst restless legs, can't keep still! No hospital bag packed yet, in the process of doing up the spare bedroom for my one year old to move into, can't wait to get those bits done, feeling drained a lot of days!
    Looking forward to not being pregnant, and getting excited about new arrival, but nervous as well :)

Yeah we're a quiet bunch. I'm 34 and 3 days. My pelvis has been killing me since week 24. Went to physio last week and they gave me a belt and tummy support and its made a big difference especially seeing as I'm on my feet for at least 10 hours a day at work. Thankfully haven't had too many issues, just the tiredness. Got all the stuff for the bag, just need to pack it now. Still trying to sort out the baby room at the mo. Nervous about the birth, not necessarily the actual birth but just want to know the baby is safe and healthy. Seeger apparently bananas and tonic water are good for leg cramps etc.

Thanks deecee, I hate bananas! One of the few foods that I really can't bear! Must get some tonic, shame I can't have gin. Just wondering what everyone's due date is and if they know what they're having.
    Mines May 6th and its a surprise.

I had restless legs as well, probably was the most irritating of everything this pregnancy has brought! Thankfully it seems to have passed, but I feel your pain!

I'm due May 18th, *THINK* I'm having a girl! At one scan they thought it might be a girl, but said they were only about 55-60% sure, at the next scan they couldn't tell at all! So annoying, I'd rather they had just said they couldn't tell at all.

I've been really anxious lately about the babies health. Everything looked fine on the scans, but I keep thinking about the two week holiday I was on whilst pregnant but didn't know! The heat and drink. 😞 also worked out really hard before an after that holiday.

I'm due the 14th may. Finished work this week because of my back pain and pelvic pain. Such a relief to finish. I know i worry as well about the baby being healthy, had my hen party before I knew I was pregnant and I was also on medication when we concieved, all the scans have been fine so far. Taking part in the genesis study so that should be reasssurring. It's apparently very detailed.. Just got to get a few bits and pieces for the bag and I'm finally ready. Got loads of baby stuff yesterday of my brilliant best friend so baby will be dressed for the foreseeable future. Seeger i know the tonic may not be as good without the Gin!!! I'm not a big drinker but was just saying yesterday I'm dying for a decent night out with the girls, boozy dancing is what I'm missing right now.

Hi,

I'm the 12th of May and it's a girl. well that's what all the scans say. have a very girly nursery and a lot of pink clothes so i hope to god they didnt make a mistake!

I can't believe it's exactly four weeks today, i keep thinking everything is going to kick in straight away on the 12th dont know how i'll cope if i go over!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jam17032010

Hi all, expectant dad here. The better half is due on May 24th and it is a surprise. She finished work on Friday and all is well with scans so far thank God. She also worries about the health of the little one and can't wait for the baby to be born so that she can mind and look after him/her.

• Advertisement

Well May is here, so the countdown has started. Wishing all the May parents best of luck. Due in 2 weeks but fully expecting to go over. This is my first pregnancy so the babies head should be engaged at this stage but the g.p. felt it wasn't last week. So many hours spent on the yoga ball, have another appt with her on tuesday so hoping it's paid off!!!

Advertisement