Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due May 2014

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭val444

Hi, nope, not an anterior placenta, we checked that. We can hear baby kicking away when using a doppler, but still can't feel a thing and I am 22 weeks now! Erra, it will happen when it happens, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

We are definetly the quiestest group of preggers!!

How is everyone getting on? Not too long left, six weeks and 3 days for me.
    Kicks are strong, my back is killing me and I'm told I'm huge about 5 times a day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Seeger

Ridiculously quiet!

5 weeks to go, have the worst restless legs, can't keep still! No hospital bag packed yet, in the process of doing up the spare bedroom for my one year old to move into, can't wait to get those bits done, feeling drained a lot of days!
    Looking forward to not being pregnant, and getting excited about new arrival, but nervous as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

Yeah we're a quiet bunch. I'm 34 and 3 days. My pelvis has been killing me since week 24. Went to physio last week and they gave me a belt and tummy support and its made a big difference especially seeing as I'm on my feet for at least 10 hours a day at work. Thankfully haven't had too many issues, just the tiredness. Got all the stuff for the bag, just need to pack it now. Still trying to sort out the baby room at the mo. Nervous about the birth, not necessarily the actual birth but just want to know the baby is safe and healthy. Seeger apparently bananas and tonic water are good for leg cramps etc.

Thanks deecee, I hate bananas! One of the few foods that I really can't bear! Must get some tonic, shame I can't have gin. Just wondering what everyone's due date is and if they know what they're having.
    Mines May 6th and its a surprise.

I had restless legs as well, probably was the most irritating of everything this pregnancy has brought! Thankfully it seems to have passed, but I feel your pain!

I'm due May 18th, *THINK* I'm having a girl! At one scan they thought it might be a girl, but said they were only about 55-60% sure, at the next scan they couldn't tell at all! So annoying, I'd rather they had just said they couldn't tell at all.

I've been really anxious lately about the babies health. Everything looked fine on the scans, but I keep thinking about the two week holiday I was on whilst pregnant but didn't know! The heat and drink. 😞 also worked out really hard before an after that holiday.

I'm due the 14th may. Finished work this week because of my back pain and pelvic pain. Such a relief to finish. I know i worry as well about the baby being healthy, had my hen party before I knew I was pregnant and I was also on medication when we concieved, all the scans have been fine so far. Taking part in the genesis study so that should be reasssurring. It's apparently very detailed.. Just got to get a few bits and pieces for the bag and I'm finally ready. Got loads of baby stuff yesterday of my brilliant best friend so baby will be dressed for the foreseeable future. Seeger i know the tonic may not be as good without the Gin!!! I'm not a big drinker but was just saying yesterday I'm dying for a decent night out with the girls, boozy dancing is what I'm missing right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi,

I'm the 12th of May and it's a girl. well that's what all the scans say. have a very girly nursery and a lot of pink clothes so i hope to god they didnt make a mistake!

I can't believe it's exactly four weeks today, i keep thinking everything is going to kick in straight away on the 12th dont know how i'll cope if i go over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭jam17032010

Hi all, expectant dad here. The better half is due on May 24th and it is a surprise. She finished work on Friday and all is well with scans so far thank God. She also worries about the health of the little one and can't wait for the baby to be born so that she can mind and look after him/her.

• Advertisement

Well May is here, so the countdown has started. Wishing all the May parents best of luck. Due in 2 weeks but fully expecting to go over. This is my first pregnancy so the babies head should be engaged at this stage but the g.p. felt it wasn't last week. So many hours spent on the yoga ball, have another appt with her on tuesday so hoping it's paid off!!!

Not long left to go now for any of us! Really thought I'd have gone by now, I was feeling so much pressure down below, I kept thinking my waters were going to go, think I was getting Braxton hicks too, was getting a lot of pains. At docs today, baby's head is fully engaged, not due back at hospital until the 8th, 2 days after my due date. Fingers crossed for healthy babies and safe deliveries for us all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Brissygirl32

Thank god May is here! Really ready for pregnancy to be over and for baby to here! Still have another 3 weeks to go but hoping ill have an early arrival!! Head is down and belly has dropped ! Any of the rest of you experiencing serious pressure down there and finding it difficult to walk?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Good luck girls :)

Babies head is engaged but I still think my bump is quite high, is that possible? Had braxton hicks the other day and cried my eyes out. Can only imagine what I'm gonna be like with the real deal. Good luck everyone :) x

Due date today!! Had a stretch and sweep done yesterday evening, had a show this afternoon and nothing else has happened, not that i expected it to. Have the Genesis scan tomorrow which should be interesting. It'll be good to see bubs again even though i only saw them yesterday when they scanned to make sure there was enough fluid. That scan took a while because of the lie of the baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi. I'm now 3 days over due and getting so impatient. No labour signs at all. Don't think my bump has dropped at all. Induction booked for next Thursday and dreading it really don't want to be induced. How's everyone else getting on?

Had my little girl on Tuesday, one week early. Had to be induced as my waters broke but had no contractions!

The labour was a bit of a whirlwind. Took nearly six hours to get to 3cm, then went from 3 to 9 in just three hours. Only had to push for 11 minutes. Baba is a hefty 8'11, healthy and beautiful.

Good luck to anyone still waiting!!

Congrats emz8. Sounds like a whirlwind of a labour alright. I hope the breastfeeding is going a little better for you.

Still hanging in there. Had the genesis scan today and it was great. Looks like bubs is small like its mammy so it'll be interesting to see what weight they are when they're born. I've another hospital appointment tuesday so we'll see what happens then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Brissygirl32

Congrats to all who've had their babes! Hope all going well for you..
    Question - did any of you have a sweep done? How long did it take to get things moving? I found it very uncomfortable today and feeling very sore and sorry for myself now.. Not sure if it has done anything or what I should expect?

Brissy girl. I had a sweep on tuesday last week started having contractions on the friday eventually went into established labour on the sunday and had our little boy at 4.20 on the monday morning. Whether the sweep did anything to speed things up I'm not sure.

My birth experience was far from what i had imagined, I had to have an epidural because my contractions were one on top of the other with no respite, then my little fellas head ended up at a weird angle so no matter what way I pushed he wasn't coming out, so three attempts at vantouse and no baby, ended up having a forceps an episitomy and a high vaginal wall tear. But honestly it didn't matter he's here and he's perfect. I have to say the staff were amazing i knew exactly when and why everything happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭jam17032010

Had a baby girl a few days ago. Mum and baby doing v well and getting on famously. So delighted with our little beauty.

Advertisement