Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Oh I'll keep that in mind when I'm looking at books! We are going to look at prams etc at the weekend just to see how much they are but we have just bought a house this week so it's now dawning on me how much I'm going to have to save!!!!

On another note, can I ask - I had a mega craving for dry roasted peanuts last night and gave in and ate them - have others on here been eating peanuts? I heard we should avoid in case we give baby a nut allergy!
    And also what about baths? I love boiling hot baths but read we shouldn't have too hot a bath so I have had two warm baths so far but couldn't relax when I was in there at all out of worry!! what do others think? Are there things that you are avoiding??

Hi all
    Hope all the December mama's are keeping well :)
    Afternoon tea I think I read somewhere that it's only a mammy with a peanut allergy should avoid peanuts but maybe check with your doctor first just incase. I never heard that about the baths so can't help you there. Only things I'm being careful with are eggs and whipped ice-cream.
    With our dd we started buying things at about 18 weeks. We picked out everything we wanted and got it all in sales or online alot cheaper than paying full price!
    We told my parents today baby number two is on the way. My sister and sister in law came to tell us they are pregnant too our due dates are 2nd, 8th & 10th December very excited grandparents to say the least!!!

closifer wrote: »
    Hi ladies. I hope everyone is feeling okay this evening.

I had my early scan today! It was quick enough - it only lasted about 10 minutes but it provided me with a tonne of reassurance so it was worth every penny!

I did have some serious last minute nerves that everything wouldnt be okay or that even after 4 home pregnancy tests, a doctors visit, and a month of severe nausea that I had somehow hallucinated the whole thing!

We saw the heartbeat and kind of a baby - though it just looked like a peanut really :) We got photos and the heart beat and size of the baby is perfectly normal. Plus our due date is a couple of days earlier than expected. We were given the 5th December as our date. It feels so much more real now and I have started telling close friends as a result.

So happy, excited and relieved!

Closifer, delighted your scan went so well, it's such an amazing thing to see. It really does make it so real and it's so nice to have the scan pictures to look at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Fairie wrote: »
    Hi all
    Hope all the December mama's are keeping well :)
    Afternoon tea I think I read somewhere that it's only a mammy with a peanut allergy should avoid peanuts but maybe check with your doctor first just incase. I never heard that about the baths so can't help you there. Only things I'm being careful with are eggs and whipped ice-cream.
    With our dd we started buying things at about 18 weeks. We picked out everything we wanted and got it all in sales or online alot cheaper than paying full price!
    We told my parents today baby number two is on the way. My sister and sister in law came to tell us they are pregnant too our due dates are 2nd, 8th & 10th December very excited grandparents to say the least!!!

Wow thats unbelievable! What a Xmas you all will have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mil83

Hi everyone I'm new here. Congrats everyone on their pregnancies. I'm 9 weeks along due on the 10th of December and it can't come quick enough!! I had a scan at 7 weeks due to being a diabetic and having a miscarraige last November. It was amazing to see the baby and the heartbeat have another scan now when I will be 12 1/2 weeks can't wait. I have so many symptoms sore breasts and they have gotten so big and from the 6 week mark I've been very sick like throwing up a few times every day it's horrible but can't complain as it means everything's going well with the baby :) all I'm doing is sleeping which isn't a bad thing either :) looking forward to following the thread and hearing about how everyone is getting on.

Wow thats unbelievable! What a Xmas you all will have!!

Oh it'll be a crazy fun christmas santy will be very busy in our house this year, I better start saving! We all go to my parents for dinner that day they will have to build a few extra rooms! How are you keeping closifer?

• Advertisement

Mil83 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm new here. Congrats everyone on their pregnancies. I'm 9 weeks along due on the 10th of December and it can't come quick enough!! I had a scan at 7 weeks due to being a diabetic and having a miscarraige last November. It was amazing to see the baby and the heartbeat have another scan now when I will be 12 1/2 weeks can't wait. I have so many symptoms sore breasts and they have gotten so big and from the 6 week mark I've been very sick like throwing up a few times every day it's horrible but can't complain as it means everything's going well with the baby :) all I'm doing is sleeping which isn't a bad thing either :) looking forward to following the thread and hearing about how everyone is getting on.

Welcome and congratulations mil83, we are due the same day :) it's so exciting. I had an early scan too great to see the baby.
    I have morning (all day) sickness with this baby it's not nice. It usually goes by week 12 hopefully that is the case for us:)
    Sleep whenever you can it use to drive me mad when people said that to me with dd but I wish I listened to them!
    Looking forward to chatting to you over the next few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Congrats to all! Hope you're all keeping well. I'm 9weeks too, due dec5th. Haven't had much to report since last posting but glad to see the dec thread going so strong :-) I'm not really sick much just dry retching a lot but its not bad I feel like I'm getting through the day ok. Can't wait for next scan in 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well, I havent been on for a few days, been feeling very sick today which was the first very bad day, Im having to eat very regular or im sick alot more, but guess its not a bad thing. im 8 weeks now so hopefully wont be very sick from now on,

Told my parents last night.....timing was perfect because they had guessed and were just about to ask me when i told them! But didnt tell my sisters yet which i feel bad about but we're still very nervous and would rather be at the 12 weeks before telling anyone else, its been so nice to share with my parents though.

Fairie:
    Thats amazing that there are going to be 3 new babies in your family this christmas, thats wonderful and will be so nice for them growing up with their cousins so close in age!!

Its very hard to resist buying things but im going to try hold off on that stuff until after 20 weeks, have to wait another 2 weeks for my 10 week early scan, just cant wait and yes i agree time is going so slow!!!

Fairie wrote: »
    Oh it'll be a crazy fun christmas santy will be very busy in our house this year, I better start saving! We all go to my parents for dinner that day they will have to build a few extra rooms! How are you keeping closifer?

Im keeping well (ish). lots of unpleasant syptoms over the last week. My belly is still so bloated. Im wrecked tired and incredibly emotional but happy that time is ticking on. I cant wait to be into the 2nd trimester! How are u keeping symptom wise?

kandr10 wrote: »
    Congrats to all! Hope you're all keeping well. I'm 9weeks too, due dec5th. Haven't had much to report since last posting but glad to see the dec thread going so strong :-) I'm not really sick much just dry retching a lot but its not bad I feel like I'm getting through the day ok. Can't wait for next scan in 3 weeks!

kandr10 - we have the same due date!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 guesswhat

Congrats to all December mums :-) Im 8 weeks and will only have a scan in 3 weeks time. Should a scan we done earlier, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Is anyone else having horrible dreams?

For the past few weeks I have been having strange dreams-but the past 3nights I have been having absolutely horrible dreams and am woken crying or shaking from the nightmares.

I feel like chucky is under my bed

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi All,

I had my appointment with GP on Friday. He sent off bloods-think i might be low in iron hence the severe lack of energy.
    I have a Friends wedding on Friday and I'm absolutely dreading it. I spent the weekend in bed, falling in and out of sleep. My mam is convinced i'm having twins!!! Waiting on appointment from hospital for scan.

Hope all the yummy mummy's are keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

beltzar wrote: »
    Is anyone else having horrible dreams?

For the past few weeks I have been having strange dreams-but the past 3nights I have been having absolutely horrible dreams and am woken crying or shaking from the nightmares.

I feel like chucky is under my bed

Beltzar - I have heard before that strange dreams are really common in early pregnancy for some reason or other! I have had a few very strange ones too, but then again I usually do!! :)

carlows wrote: »
    Hi All,

I had my appointment with GP on Friday. He sent off bloods-think i might be low in iron hence the severe lack of energy.
    I have a Friends wedding on Friday and I'm absolutely dreading it. I spent the weekend in bed, falling in and out of sleep. My mam is convinced i'm having twins!!! Waiting on appointment from hospital for scan.

Hope all the yummy mummy's are keeping well.

It's mad how exhausting it is - it has really surprised me, I never imagined feeling this tired! I'm finding it hard to concentrate at work as just want to close my eyes and sleep! I am feeling sick all day (luckily not actually vomiting though) I read about vitamin B6 being good for nausea in pregnancy so I bought some of that today - fingers crossed!

Had a panicky moment at the weekend where I had a 99 from an icecream van, half way through munching it I remembered there being something in it I wasn't meant to eat...straight on google and yep - apparently they are a no no due to listeria risk!!!! Seems so silly, I almost feel like walking around with a list to remind myself what I can and can't eat!!

Hope everyone else is doing well on here - Big Welcome to Mil83!

It's mad how exhausting it is - it has really surprised me, I never imagined feeling this tired! I'm finding it hard to concentrate at work as just want to close my eyes and sleep! I am feeling sick all day (luckily not actually vomiting though) I read about vitamin B6 being good for nausea in pregnancy so I bought some of that today - fingers crossed!

Had a panicky moment at the weekend where I had a 99 from an icecream van, half way through munching it I remembered there being something in it I wasn't meant to eat...straight on google and yep - apparently they are a no no due to listeria risk!!!! Seems so silly, I almost feel like walking around with a list to remind myself what I can and can't eat!!

Hope everyone else is doing well on here - Big Welcome to Mil83!

afternoon tea - I am the exact same with the tiredness. I'm really struggling to get through the day in work. The morning is okay but once it hits 3 o' clock - I am really struggling to keep the eyes open. I would really love a pert-time job right now!! :)

Have any of you told the news to your family, friends, employer, etc? If not, when do you plan to do it? I'm feeling like if I tell, I'll jinx it ...

guesswhat wrote: »
    Have any of you told the news to your family, friends, employer, etc? If not, when do you plan to do it? I'm feeling like if I tell, I'll jinx it ...

Ive told most close family and friends now. Im going on 11 weeks tho and we had an early scan so I felt safer telling ppl after that. My employer also knows but work colleagues dont

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cynthia12

Hi everyone,

I havn't been on in a while.

Exited: Thanks for your reply to my last posting. How are the gentle walks going? Have you started the swimming yet?

Just noticed I think you said you are 8 weeks now, are most people counting from date of last period or from date of estimated conception/ovulation? (assuming havn't had a scan).
    I am 7.5 weeks counting from date of last period

I havn't started exercising yet. Might start gentle walks soon - definitely will after the 12/13 week mark. Thanks for the advice on the pregnancy yoga. Will definitely look into that in a few weeks time all going well!

Carlos: I think I am due aroud Dec 24th/25th but havn't had a scan yet

I'm going to leave telling for as long as possible. Excited how did your family guess at only 8 weeks? Was it because you were getting sick etc symptoms or did they notice a bump?

I havn't had nausea at all, not a hint of it. Had tiredness (just in the evening s mainly form 8pm onwards but it seems to have gone now - though cannot stay up past 11pm at the same time)

I've only had a few darts of pain in my boobs once or twice but that's it.
    Don't notice them obviously growing either but they could be getting bigger at the same time...

I had a dull ache for a day in my left side just above my hip bone but it went. that's the only other symptom I've had.

Just wondering do you know of any sisters, friends etc who had a child and did n't have nausea or sore boobs? Just wondering as I feel the odd one out? I hope it will be all ok.

Congrats to all the newbies

Im 8 weeks. My GP and Hospital have asked for date of last period so that's date I'm going by.

I haven't had any vomiting at all, only mild nausea. My nose is super sharp though!

Still two long weeks to go until first scan, can't wait!

• Advertisement

cynthia12 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I havn't been on in a while.

Exited: Thanks for your reply to my last posting. How are the gentle walks going? Have you started the swimming yet?

Just noticed I think you said you are 8 weeks now, are most people counting from date of last period or from date of estimated conception/ovulation? (assuming havn't had a scan).
    I am 7.5 weeks counting from date of last period

I havn't started exercising yet. Might start gentle walks soon - definitely will after the 12/13 week mark. Thanks for the advice on the pregnancy yoga. Will definitely look into that in a few weeks time all going well!

Carlos: I think I am due aroud Dec 24th/25th but havn't had a scan yet

I'm going to leave telling for as long as possible. Excited how did your family guess at only 8 weeks? Was it because you were getting sick etc symptoms or did they notice a bump?

I havn't had nausea at all, not a hint of it. Had tiredness (just in the evening s mainly form 8pm onwards but it seems to have gone now - though cannot stay up past 11pm at the same time)

I've only had a few darts of pain in my boobs once or twice but that's it.
    Don't notice them obviously growing either but they could be getting bigger at the same time...

I had a dull ache for a day in my left side just above my hip bone but it went. that's the only other symptom I've had.

Just wondering do you know of any sisters, friends etc who had a child and did n't have nausea or sore boobs? Just wondering as I feel the odd one out? I hope it will be all ok.

Congrats to all the newbies

Hi Cynthia,

Gentle walks are going grand, not doing them everyday though because i work 24hr shifts and when i finish work im hard set to make myself a sandwich im so tired nevermind walking!! No i havent started swimming yet but im going to very soon ( i have my eary scan next sat ill be 10 weeks so just anxious to see a little heartbeat on that then ill start swimming etc, prob silly i know but just want my mind at rest) I am really looking forward to starting the pregnancy yoga though.

Try not to worry cynthia about not having symptoms everyone is different, there are two pregnant girls in work and one of them have had not one symptom all through and shes about 25 weeks now, my mum says she had symptom on maybe one or two of us then absolutely nothing on the other two. We can all get caught up in what we think we were supposed to be feeling, i was in tears a couple of weeks ago because i had been feeling sick and then i was almost a week without feeling sick and i was all worked up about it but the truth is there's no textbook way any one woman should be feeling. Im alot calmer now since i told my mum and sisters about all that stuff because my sister is a nurse and my other sister and mum can share their experiences with me and i feel like its all more nnormal now. The one piece of advice my mum and sister did give me though was about stress, that its just so bad for mum and baby especially in early stages so avoid it at all costs, i know they're telling me taht because im always stressing about something so im really trying not to now.

You asked how my mum guessed at 8 weeks well the answer is that nothing absolutely othing gets past the woman!!! She picks up on everything...she noticed how id been minding myself alot more when i was playing with our big strong dog/ ttrying not to lift the bigger kids etc then when she tricked me into letting it slip i didnt drink at a hen night she just knew. Shes always been as sharp as a pin!! and its very hard to keep anything from her....i learnt that as a teenager lol!!!

Im 9 weeks today and cant wait for my scan next week, im hoping to at least get tothe 12 weeks before i tell my employer maybe more.

The thing im finding really difficult now s sleeping! Im awake early everyday but whats more annoying is ive always slept on my belly and i cant do that now, its not that i have a big bump or anything (although i do think i have a bit of one) but its uncomfortable to lie on my belly so im trying to sleep on my side and im tossing and turning all night coz i cant get used to it....im going to have to though!!!

Hope all the Dec mammies are well xx

Hi Excited,

Thanks so much for the long reply. Really appreciate the time you put into the posting. You are great to be doing 24 hour shifts. It must be tough going.
    Well done on doing the gentle walks. I havn't started yet. I think I will wait a little while more before I start.

Thanks for the reassurance regarding your mother's and work colleagues experiences of being pregnant. It has reassured me no end. Please god all will be ok.

I can sleep most of the time but do wake early. Went to bed last night at 11pm (usually it's 9.30 or 10 these days) and woke at 5am. Really annoying. Dozed off again at 7am and slept till 9am. Don't get this luxury during the week so usually get up when I wake. Usually if I go to bed at 11pm will sleep until after 8 am but I normally am ready to hit bed much earlier than that (very unusual for me!). I am also waking during the night and have to get up to pee. Now this used happen me before I was pregnant but I feel it's way more frequent now.

That's tough on you not sleeping much though. I hope it will improve for you. I also sleep on my tummy. I can still sleep that way. I won't be 8 weeks until tue or wed. Do you think it's bad for the embryo that I'm sleeping on my tummy?

That's gas the way your mother figured it out. It's funny the way you described her. I havn't seen my mother in a while so I'm hoping she won't guess when I do see her. She doesn't miss much either... :)

Thanks again for the reply. Really appreciate it.

Thanks also guesswhat for the reply.

Hope everyone is doing well,

Cynthia

afternoon tea - I am the exact same with the tiredness. I'm really struggling to get through the day in work. The morning is okay but once it hits 3 o' clock - I am really struggling to keep the eyes open. I would really love a pert-time job right now!! :)

A part time job would be heaven! Realy struggling at the moment, all I want to do is sleep, it's the only thing that gets rid of the 24/7 nausea. Missed some days of work last week, really hoping I don't have to miss much more. It seems to have eased a little over the weekend but I don't want to speak too soon!!

guesswhat wrote: »

Hi Guesswhat - I felt the same too but then I figured I'd tell the people I'd tell if anything happened ya know? I know I'd tell parents and best friends plus it was getting really hard hiding the sickness/tiredness and some had guessed already! Are you finding it easy enough to keep to yourself? I'm considering telling my boss soon as I've missed a bit of work and I feel awful lying but then again I could probably hold off a few more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all,
    Feeling very nauseous most days now.have first scan on Tuesday so fingers crossed all will be okay.
    Not up to much as I don't have much energy. Like yourself,afternoon tea, very tired.thankfully my husband has been great support for the last while.he helps out with all the cooking and housework.anyway hope ye are all coping well and as my husband says it will be all worth the slight discomforts hat I am feeling now.x

Cynthia: Im delighted you feel a bit reassured, we all are the same really, i ahve my moments when Im very scared and fret that things are'nt going well. It seems like time is going so slow when at the end of the day we all just want to feel like we're safe now and can really start to enjoy the pregnancy without so much worry, we all have to just hang in there and hope for the best and hopefully watch the weeks slip by to get over that 12 week mark.

Ive done the same as afternoon tea and basically told the people that i would be telling if anything bad did happen, but touch wood that wont be an issue.

Forgot to say the last time that yes, the dr told me to count from the first day of your last period. Regarding sleeping on your tummy, i dont think it would be bad for the baby, its just uncomfortable for me so thats why im not doing it, but i would be if i could so enjoy it while you can :)

Hi Excited,

Thanks for that. Yes it will be great when we get to the 12+ week mark as I heard recently of a girl who had a miscarriage at 12 weeks - very sad, especially when she probably thought she was safe. Anyhow we have to be positive.

Thanks I am counting from the last day of my period too.

I love sleeping on my tummy, I don't know how you are managing! or how I will manage in a few weeks time all going well.

Getting tired now so going to hit the sack!
    Tomorrow is the start of another week!! :) oh let the weeks fly by...

Night everyone

cynthia12 wrote: »
    Hi Excited,

Thanks for that. Yes it will be great when we get to the 12+ week mark as I heard recently of a girl who had a miscarriage at 12 weeks - very sad, especially when she probably thought she was safe. Anyhow we have to be positive.

I love sleeping on my tummy, I don't know how you are managing! or how I will manage in a few weeks time all going well.

Getting tired now so going to hit the sack!
    Tomorrow is the start of another week!! :) oh let the weeks fly by...

Night everyone

Yeah one of my collagues ms at 17weeks which is awful but yeah we cant dwell on those thoughts or we wouldnt get out of bed in the morning....have to keep positive!!!

Yes i looove sleeping on my tummy...im going to get one of those long pillows to help me sleep this weekend, ill wait til after my scan on sat...sooooo excited!!!!

Hbelle: Best of luck with your scan tomorrow...let us know how you get on, bet it will be wonderful :)

HI All,

Just wondering what are everyones opinions on getting highlights while pregnant??

I had mine done just before i got pregnant but its time i do something with my hair again. I read soewhere that its not recommended to dye all your hair blonde as it makes contact with your roots etc but that highlights are ok because they dont actually make contact with your roots/head.

To be honest im thinking of just avoiding them altogether now and just having the hairdresser put a light brown in my hair as thats my natural colour, but im wondering is there a difference what type of dye i ask her to use i.e permanent semi etc? I cant ask her as ive just started going to her but shes very good friends with some of my friends that im not telling im pregnant for another few weeks,

I know this is so trivial but i havent a clue about it so would appreciate any shared knowledge :)

• Advertisement

Excited! wrote: »
    HI All,

Just wondering what are everyones opinions on getting highlights while pregnant??

I had mine done just before i got pregnant but its time i do something with my hair again. I read soewhere that its not recommended to dye all your hair blonde as it makes contact with your roots etc but that highlights are ok because they dont actually make contact with your roots/head.

To be honest im thinking of just avoiding them altogether now and just having the hairdresser put a light brown in my hair as thats my natural colour, but im wondering is there a difference what type of dye i ask her to use i.e permanent semi etc? I cant ask her as ive just started going to her but shes very good friends with some of my friends that im not telling im pregnant for another few weeks,

I know this is so trivial but i havent a clue about it so would appreciate any shared knowledge :)

I just had my blonde highlights done last week and my hairdresser (who has just recently had a baby herself) said highlights were fine :)

Gotta feel pretty and pampered during this time too!

Advertisement