Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cravez wrote: »
    Very disappointing sale imo. Worst one that I can remember. The Thanksgiving sale was alot better than this and that wasn't even a main sale event.

It's only the 1st day...i'd give it a week before judging it as the worst :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Kiith wrote: »
    It's only the 1st day...i'd give it a week before judging it as the worst :)

Well the first day has been the worst one that I can remember. Plus the fact that new main deals become available every 2 days instead of 1 day is another issue. Community choices being every day rather than every 8 hours. Flash deals 12 hours instead of 8 hours. They've dropped the ball so far :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well the first day has been the worst one that I can remember. Plus the fact that new main deals become available every 2 days instead of 1 day is another issue. Community choices being every day rather than every 8 hours. Flash deals 12 hours instead of 8 hours. They've dropped the ball so far :p

Where do you see the new deals are every 2 days? It says the current ones end tomorrow, but that's always been the way. the new deals would come in at 6 and yesterday's would be moved down the page.
    We'll find out for sure at 6

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where do you see the new deals are every 2 days? It says the current ones end tomorrow, but that's always been the way. the new deals would come in at 6 and yesterday's would be moved down the page.
    We'll find out for sure at 6

Actually yeah you could be right abut that one. But still the discounts in general haven't been good in general. Less games/variety in the community choices, Flash sales etc. The only deal that looks great so far is Dark Souls 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭_Puma_

I'm guessing we wont be seeing the DLC going on sale for Dark Souls 2?

• Advertisement

Depends. Usually if core games on sale they DLC may be on sale (example Payday 2). Maybe check back everyday and check if it does happen to go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Payday 2 at -65% and its not a flash or daily.
    Might get that at -75 it -80

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dark Souls and meh.... does not compute.

I dont like dark souls (runs away)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

bpb101 wrote: »
    Payday 2 at -65% and its not a flash or daily.
    Might get that at -75 it -80

It's worth it - is that the full dlc one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Picked up Metal Gear Rising for 3.99, will deffinitely grab Brothers for 2.99 as well by Jan 2nd, hoping to see broforce get more then 33% off

• Advertisement

It's worth it - is that the full dlc one?

Not with dlc.
    I played the demo but was always in 2 minds about it.

I play cod4 from time to time and I always found what was really good about it was how clean you moved with your gun and aiming down the sight.
    I always felt with payday 2 I was carrying a lot of weight by the way I moved that's what turn my away from it.
    One other thing that really overly annoyed me was in your house you a shooting range. When you press a button on a wall the target resets but the actual targets don't ( the voice overhead talk as if reset) . This has never been fixed

Edit goty edition is -50%

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i can see it going for even less at some point in the sales - the whole weight thing i love, the heavier the armour the slower you move - carrying bags adds to that etc.. i see it as an element of realism

But yeah, each to their own. Sure if it's cheap on sale, see for yourself. Works best with at least one buddy to play with to cut out the random boloxology that happens in pugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Hmmm, Door Kickers is on my wishlist....

I feel obligated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I always felt with payday 2 I was carrying a lot of weight by the way I moved that's what turn my away from it.

Well, as Degrassinoel mentions, your movement will be slower depending on how much armor you wear, what weapon you're using, and any loot bags you might be carrying. But also, there are certain RPG elements and skill trees, so there are a few low tier skills that effect your movement speed, sprint speed, stamina and regen. Invest a few skill points and you can zip around the map quite fast, and even faster if you're wearing a suit.
    One other thing that really overly annoyed me was in your house you a shooting range. When you press a button on a wall the target resets but the actual targets don't ( the voice overhead talk as if reset) . This has never been fixed

The button was never meant to reset the targets in the first place, there are loads of those around the safehouse, pre-recorded messages on how different game mechanics works. They're working as intended. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Waiting for Skyrim legendary and divinity :OS to go -80%

I shall not falter! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

You'll be waiting a while for D:OS to get an 80% discount!!

Yeah, max of 50% for Wasteland 2 and Divinity i'd say.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Looking for any decent co-op games. I'd had assumed in previous sale, Black OPs 2 was full co-op, more akin to matchplay with bots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Payday 2 is excellent co-op, you get to rob banks, shoot cops and recreate your favourite scenes from Heat! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'd pick up the games you want if they are community/last day sales. I wouldn't worry about impulse buys as the prices aren't as good as usual.
    Ah don't worry, I know to wait. I'm glad South Park is currently 40% off, though, because that means there's a good chance it'll go below 50%.

• Advertisement

lads people were saying that Russian steam games and their unstable currency , games are a 5th of the price there. I was checking the Russian version of steam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

lads people were saying that Russian steam games and their unstable currency , games are a 5th of the price there. I was checking the Russian version of steam

Russian games are region locked and usally no english voices or text

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Rome 2 and Far Cry 3 was all I wanted really.

Rome @ 75% is good, will pick that up. Will wait for Far Cry to get a 75%.

Aside from that I'm just waiting on South Park which I reckon will go to 66% at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Yea, and Russians get paid in belly button fluff to match....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Personally I'm waiting for Borderlands 2 GoTY for €5 or around that number. The main game has been sold multiple times at or below the price but the DLC made it way too expensive but with a base price of €44.99 (yea right!) I'd need a 90% discount. Same goes with Batman Arkham Origins (the third one); being the worst of the three there's no way I'm paying 2x the game to the DLCs...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nody wrote: »
    Personally I'm waiting for Borderlands 2 GoTY for €5 or around that number. The main game has been sold multiple times at or below the price but the DLC made it way too expensive but with a base price of €44.99 (yea right!) I'd need a 90% discount. Same goes with Batman Arkham Origins (the third one); being the worst of the three there's no way I'm paying 2x the game to the DLCs...

It's well worth the price they have it at now. Playing it at the minute, the GOTY edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Anybody interested in Dead State? That's the only game i'm watching really. Aside from that I may get Red Alert 3!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's well worth the price they have it at now. Playing it at the minute, the GOTY edition.
    I don't doubt I'll enjoy it but I got plenty of games as is; if I'm going to add more they have to be at a better price (and as it's gone down to €10 at least twice previously I expect it will drop further now).

Also bought my first game in:
    Defense Grid: The Awakening - €1.34

Borderlands 2 GOTY still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as it doesn't even include all the DLC. The main quests dlc's are there, but not the extra characters. My own fault for buying it and not reading exactly what came with it, but still annoyed the hell out of me.

Great game to play with a friend though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Kiith wrote: »
    Borderlands 2 GOTY still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as it doesn't even include all the DLC. The main quests dlc's are there, but not the extra characters. My own fault for buying it and not reading exactly what came with it, but still annoyed the hell out of me.

Great game to play with a friend though.

What extra characters? My version had the original four and two extra.

Advertisement