Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new cafe beside the dart station ?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

I think it's great that Caroline always replies to posts regardless of good or bad content.
    I also think a large portion of the community actively and consciously support local businesses.You're doing things the right way,listening to feedback and actively trying out suggestions, pity my boss at work wasn't so open to this.

So many business people so afraid of change when in fact it's so refreshing from a consumers point of view when you know suggestions are being taken seriously.
    All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Caroline Gray9

I think it's great that Caroline always replies to posts regardless of good or bad content.
    I also think a large portion of the community actively and consciously support local businesses.You're doing things the right way,listening to feedback and actively trying out suggestions, pity my boss at work wasn't so open to this.

So many business people so afraid of change when in fact it's so refreshing from a consumers point of view when you know suggestions are being taken seriously.
    All the best.

Bob, thank u . I don't really know much about business but any business which does not listen to what customers want seems counterintuitive . I consider such feedback to be really valuable . Seems to me that your boss at work should listen more to u . Take care and hope 2014 is a year where only good things come your way including good coffee! Caroline

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Thank u so much for this . We are not open early during holiday period but will be next week .....

Well then someone broke in and served me two lovely cups of coffee this morning ;)
    Found the Americano to be a bit different - quite aromatic. Might need to try a few more to see if I really like it or not. Nice and strong but a hint of a flavour I can't put my finger on.

Nice to walk into a place so early and be met by smiling happy faces. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Caroline - what's going into the old Champs/Frank Clarkes shop? (saw your name on the planning app in the window...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

loyatemu wrote: »
    Caroline - what's going into the old Champs/Frank Clarkes shop? (saw your name on the planning app in the window...)

Is it a bakery?

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »
    Well then someone broke in and served me two lovely cups of coffee this morning ;)
    Found the Americano to be a bit different - quite aromatic. Might need to try a few more to see if I really like it or not. Nice and strong but a hint of a flavour I can't put my finger on.

Nice to walk into a place so early and be met by smiling happy faces. :)

Taltos that's great . I was not certain what time we were open this morning as I was off today doing some admin and wanted to make sure we were open before u going down early . Great that worked out and delighted to hear u were met with a smile . We are closed new years day but open next day . Take care alan

Taltos that's great . I was not certain what time we were open this morning as I was off today doing some admin and wanted to make sure we were open before u going down early . Great that worked out and delighted to hear u were met with a smile . We are closed new years day but open next day . Take care alan

Sorry I meant to type caroline

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Is it a bakery?

Thanks for this enquiry . The truth is I am not sure yet . I got this premises before I secured the lease on cafe. I then thought an artisan bakery might be a useful addition to village but not sure yet if this would be viable . As I know from cafe if u pay people fairly it is hard to make a small business viable so want to make sure I don't take on more than I can handle . I know that some businesses only pay minimum wage and some even less but this is not my way . All the best for future and if u contact me in a few months time I will have a better idea . Caroline

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Is it a bakery?
    loyatemu wrote: »

Thanks see my text above . Hope that explain things . Caroline

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Merrilady wrote: »
    Beef Pastrami - Well Holy Moly what a sambo !!!

Absolutely! It WAS an epic sambo but sadly no longer. Was in there last week and where you used to get a lovely pastrami and salad sandwich, it is now a pancake-flat toasted sandwich with a slice of pastrami and smear of onion marmalade.

We used to love this place (the coffee's still great) but have stopped going because the sandwiches always let us down. Tis a shame...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Absolutely! It WAS an epic sambo but sadly no longer. Was in there last week and where you used to get a lovely pastrami and salad sandwich, it is now a pancake-flat toasted sandwich with a slice of pastrami and smear of onion marmalade.

We used to love this place (the coffee's still great) but have stopped going because the sandwiches always let us down. Tis a shame...

Same here. the beef sandwich was great, then they changed it and its not great anymore, they used to have quality ingredients. we have stopped going too since they changed it. the last one we had just fell apart in the takeaway bag and was un eatable. looks like they saved on cost at the expense of a quality product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goodwitch

I have to disagree....the turkey wrap is delicious, bursting with freshness, coffee is still the best in Greystones imo, and the staff couldn't be friendlier. Why not mention your disappointment to them instead, maybe they've become a little complacent....I'm sure they would be open to listening to your opinion on improving the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Seeing as Caroline herself has contributed to this thread, I assumed that any post I made was seen by her.

As I stated in my original post, the coffee is still good and, yes, the turkey wrap is nice, although they are now premade and come straight out of the chiller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I have to agree with some of the other posters, ordered a sandwich a few weeks ago - €6 (if i remember correctly) two bits of bread and a tiny slice of beef, not much else in it - very poor for the price, staff were grumpy too.

then we ordered two glasses of wine which was ok.. with two cheese boards as the sandwich's were so bad and they weren't great either, stale crackers with a few slices of cheese.

I would go back for a coffee yes - but for a snack / lunch def not :(

Advertisement