Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Spots from Galway

Options
  • 13-09-2014 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello all,

Living in Galway for the next while and a bit devastated by the lack of close surf. Fanore is the closet spot that I know of, but know little about it as I only surfed there once when I was young. Is it anyway decent? If so what tide does it work best on and swell size does it need and take up to?

Hope ye can help and advise on any other spots closer or that would be more worth my while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

No quality surf, in the time you drive to some spots in Galway you'd be better off heading south or even north.

Check out this thread for more info:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74294383

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Do you have a car? Fanore, lahinch, spanish point, doonbeg are all within 1 hr 30 mins from Galway, hardly excessive, and it's a beautiful drive on a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adbarry

Thanks stevire for the link. Ya I'll be doing a bit of tripping so it seems. It's not recklessly far your right MadYaker, but when your moving from just over the dunes from your local to Galway, waves seem to be moons away. Thanks again for getting back

Advertisement