Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

this calendar year we have won 11 out of 13 with 2 draws, scoring 44 times conceding 16. The team has been stellar in the wins against Arsenal, United and Spurs esp. I just hope to god Kolo isn't remembered for THAT pass costing us the title.
    What BR has done at Anfield is nothing short of astonishing.

Dont forget Everton!

You cant look at 1 mistake or result in isolation over a season. Every point dropped has its reasons.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I hope to god Kolo isn't remembered for THAT pass costing us the title.

really unfair to pick out individual moments as the cause of a league campaign not being as successful as hoped.

there have been a few but again unfair to pick out incidents...

-Allens sitter @ Everton.
    -Skrtels OG(s)
    etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

this calendar year we have won 11 out of 13 with 2 draws, scoring 44 times conceding 16. The team has been stellar in the wins against Arsenal, United and Spurs esp. I just hope to god Kolo isn't remembered for THAT pass costing us the title.

All if's and buts....but that pass never occurring and a non shambolic performance against Hull would have meant one hand on the trophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

mike65 wrote: »
    How many games do players need to have been in to get a PL medal, if Liverpool won it would be unfortunate if say Moses got one and Enrique didn't.

Buy Enrique a few Ultimate Team coins and he'll be happy.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Every team has those moments to point to, let's not get hung up on them here, although if one of them happened in the last game of the season that cost us it'd be different!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You can't pinpoint one moment and say it cost a title. It was months ago. Leave Kolo alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

Hopefully Brendan won't look as awkward when holding the Premier League Trophy aloft!

Bj__OZFIgAE7K04.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lads will yez stop!

Caus if we all get our hopes up and we don't win, there'll be the biggest depression in here :P

'The Rodgers' was obviously a banger.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lads will yez stop!

Caus if we all get our hopes up and we don't win, there'll be the biggest depression in here :P

I am going to enjoy our current position and scream this team over the line.

If we fall short so be it, but this season is a massive success on so many levels for me and 3rd spot will/would be brilliant.

but I will also get joy from all those in glass houses trying to fúck big rocks at us if we do fall short :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If you can't get excited and carried away about winning a title when your top with 6 games to go there's something wrong
    Enjoy it lads we have waited long enough

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I am going to enjoy our current position and scream this team over the line.

If we fall short so be it, but this season is a massive success on so many levels for me and 3rd spot will/would be brilliant.

but I will also get joy from all those in glass houses trying to fúck big rocks at us if we do fall short :pac:

Sums up my outlook on it. I am scutting out of the back of the 'We're going to win the league' bus, ready to climb aboard but I still have this expectancy that it will all come apart at some stage.

Will it be disappointing if that happens?...of course it will but when you take a step back and realise what this team have achieved you can't be too disappointed...and I won't be giving any of those waiting in the wings for Liverpool to stumble any material to **** over if it does happen.

I'm not sure if it has been posted here but the postcode of Anfield is very fitting after yesterday.

L4 0TH

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'll look back at his first few games where he was outstanding, in particular at Villa Park where he had Benteke on lockdown. Crouch came off the worse in their duel in the season opener too. He came in as 4th choice CB and going by everyone at the club, he has been such a positive influence on much of the team. All the players and Rodgers have all talked highly of him.

On the other hand, for me, I can't help but look back at be horribly salty over the referee decisions go against us in the couple of the big games in December, ie: the appalling offside call early on vs Man City with Sterling clear through. I know we scored soon after before having a 15 minute meltdown and conceding that second goal at a horrible time in stoppage time of the first half, and it's all very much if's and but's, buuuut potentially going 2-0 up at their place, would they have gone on to win? Who knows, but I think it's doubtful they'd have done so.

Chelsea, well they played well on the day, but we got bent over and shafted by horrible officiating.

We came away with nothing, when we could, should and would have got a point out of both games I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

If you can't get excited and carried away about winning a title when your top with 6 games to go there's something wrong
    Enjoy it lads we have waited long enough

Carried away with what? Being top of the league is not exactly something to get carried away about when things are so tight.
    Excited - of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We came into this season with nothing, expecting very little other than to push for 4th spot and at that had we finished 5th it would have been an improvement on last year.

I'm just going to enjoy the next 6 games and see where we end up.

As has been already said I won't be leaving my hands out to be slapped by anyone.

If we qualify for the Champions League it will be job done and a great season.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ..and I won't be giving any of those waiting in the wings for Liverpool to stumble any material to **** over if it does happen.

the gas part is I have read on a number of threads things like 'go over to the LFC thread they have the league won already' etc etc

but for the life of me I cant/have not seen any posts to suggest this.

its like some need to build up the excitement of us failing even before we get excited about winning it ourselves.

We're back motherfúckers - we are well and truly back :D

For all the talk of Johnson and Agger being terrible, Sunderland apart Johnson has been really good i think since his return, and despite all the games Agger has missed he has played in 8 out of our 10 clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

top 4 was the target and achieved. I'm sure scared there will be a feeling of failure if Liverpool dont win the league.

As i said before, beat West Ham and Man City then I'll start believing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

5starpool wrote: »
    For all the talk of Johnson and Agger being terrible, Sunderland apart Johnson has been really good i think since his return, and despite all the games Agger has missed he has played in 8 out of our 10 clean sheets.

You would have to be scared of Agger & Skrtel against the aerial bombardment to come from West Ham next weekend though.

We've giving Champions League football to Luis Surez please God.

No lets go give a title to Steven Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

slingerz wrote: »
    top 4 was the target and achieved. I'm sure scared there will be a feeling of failure if Liverpool dont win the league.

As i said before, beat West Ham and Man City then I'll start believing.

Rodger's said before the season started that his target was to "Have Liverpool in the conversation" at the business end of the season.

He's certainly achieved that with flying colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think Kolo's performances at the start of the season and what he has brought to the team outweigh one poxy mistake.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    the gas part is I have read on a number of threads things like 'go over to the LFC thread they have the league won already' etc etc

but for the life of me I cant/have not seen any posts to suggest this.

its like some need to build up the excitement of us failing even before we get excited about winning it ourselves.

We're back motherfúckers - we are well and truly back :D

Talking about us in other threads? As a Liverpool fan I find it hard to believe that level of obsession exists.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I think Kolo's performances at the start of the season and what he has brought to the team outweigh one poxy mistake.

Was outstanding against Arsenal in the 5-1 win too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

djPSB wrote: »
    Was outstanding against Arsenal in the 5-1
    win too.

Best part was when he missed the open goal and ran back laughing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lads will yez stop!

Hopes should always be up! No different now than three years ago.
    Blind faith FTW!!

Also is everyone forgetting the colossus of Liverpool that was Andy Carroll? Spent more time on the ground than he did on his feet, hardly a worrying target man. Have Gerrard man mark Nolan and they have no goal threat.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Also is everyone forgetting the colossus of Liverpool that was Andy Carroll? Spent more time on the ground than he did on his feet, hardly a worrying target man. Have Gerrard man mark Nolan and they have no goal threat.

You are tempting the jinx.

Carroll is the best striker in the league and we will do well to hold him to three goals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement