Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iZombie [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ep 9, Lowell! great show but Lowell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

"blonde hair, pretty boy looks like he's right out of a Nicholas Sparks film":D

they guy who played PIZ in Veronica Mars name was Chris _Lowell_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

It's getting better and better, really enjoying it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was a brilliant episode. A couple of great twists at the end too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Definitely my favourite episode so far. Only 2 to go this season, so it should be interesting to see where we end up...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

ep 9, Lowell! great show but Lowell!

:(:(
    Gutted! Really thought he should have been kept a little longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Entertaining show but I think they need more antagonists than just Blaine. Love Ravi and Liz's relationship. Rob Thomas seems to write friendships very well.

fantastic ep, fooled me twice

• Advertisement

Entertaining show but I think they need more antagonists than just Blaine. Love Ravi and Liz's relationship. Rob Thomas seems to write friendships very well.
    the chief police seemed slow in recognising liz as a zombie, as does major

yeah i kinda felt bad for liv at the end, she seemed extremely relived to get it off her chest by telling major shes a zombie, and he took it so well and all, then at the end he storms in and says hes gonna murder all the zombies,

best episode yet

only 2 eps left, christ that flew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Good episode, especially the last ten minutes. Can't wait for the finale next week

Yeah, this is a show that started slow but now is must-watch TV. That fight in the kitchen was vicious.

I couldn't even begin to predict what's going to happen next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well that escalated quickly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Great episode. Only one complaint- too many people on the show know about the zombies. interesting to see if they kill off any of the mian characters to end the season with a bang.

• Advertisement

Great episode. Only one complaint- too many people on the show know about the zombies. interesting to see if they kill off any of the mian characters to end the season with a bang.
    seems to be a thing with CW shows, any hidden secrets are generally known by 95% of the cast, just look at arrow and flash,

great episode, it has been building nicely to the season finale next week, i really hope its good, i think killing blane would be a good idea, they probably wont, but it would be the right thing to do, the longer they keep him around the worse his character and the show will get,

thats always the problem with having good bad guys :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,309 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Sebastian being turned, I was wondering if zombies had any connection to people they turned, like vampires sometimes do. But then thought that would mean Blaine would be connected to Liv and wouldn't really want that.

Great episode and pretty realistic reaction from Peyton, though screaming could also be an option.

Anyone want to tell Liv there is actually a third I Know What You Did Last Summer called "I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer"? It's not very good.

what happened to yermans bit finger?

major is hopeless

He said that it seems the infection can't cross species which is why he wasn't infected

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Loved the reference to Soylent Green

• Advertisement

Brilliant finale. Started off slow enough, but the last 20 minutes were a carnage and twist-filled joy to behold. :)

Great finale especially the last few minutes.

I got a little confused keeping up with the teenagers because all the guys looked the same but great finale overall.

Sad to see
    Suzuki go. It will be really interesting to see the dynamic now that Blaine is human.

Also, I'm confused where Ravi got the utopium in the first place, can anyone referesh my memory?

FouxDaFaFa wrote:
    Also, I'm confused where Ravi got the utopium in the first place, can anyone referesh my memory?

I think he got it from blaine

We don't know that the injection is a total cure yet....

Mr E wrote: »
    We don't know that the injection is a total cure yet....

Super Zombie ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I am so ashamed. When it came out I thought this was going to be total crap.

I was so wrong! It's so good and well written/directed - a very strong MOTW show with a good overall arc. Hooked.

I am so ashamed. When it came out I thought this was going to be total crap.

I was so wrong! It's so good and well written/directed - a very strong MOTW show with a good overall arc. Hooked.
    yeah definitely one of the better series, i dunno how you thought it would be bad, i thought it looked great when announced, and was even better than i anticipated, its a comic book kinda show done right,

i dont think its been mentioned yet how many episodes season 2 will have, hopefully 13 again, keep the story compact, funny how even at 31 im still finding the CW my go to channel more and more for a descent tv fix, even if some of the shows drive you mad at times, overall they are fairly above average,

also seen earlier that Robert Knepper has been cast as Blanes father,

http://tvline.com/2015/08/05/izombie-robert-knepper-blaine-father-angus-cast-season-2/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really fun opening to season 2.

Yeah good start. Setting everything up nicely with Major and Max Rager too, which should be interesting...

I was a little underwhelmed - this always strikes me as a Summer show given it is so light, but I'm interested to see where they go this season based on the first episode foundation.

Some hilarious lines in the first episode, I laughed out loud a few times.

I'm not sure if I buy Major
    as a hitman. It just seems like too dramatic a shift in his nature, even given his concern for Liv and his desire to protect people from zombies.

The more I think about the episode the more I realise the racism stuff really missed the mark. I think that's what brought the whole thing down in my view; it was trying to be funny and risqué and making fun of old racists, but it just misfired for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loved the Veronica Mars Easter egg.
    A long time ago we used to be friends

Yep, noticed it.

Anyone else think Liv's housemate looks like Claire Holt from Vampire Diaries/Originals?

I know it's fun seeing their interaction but if Liv isn't telling Babineaux about being a zombie, she should at least mention how her visions cause her to take on the traits, just so he's prepared.

Also I paused when it showed her ID, just out of curiosity. Not a great ID since it just have day and month of birth. No year

Thought this week's episode was the best of the season and opens up for a good over-arching storyline for the remainder.

Glad to see Peyton back - hope she has a bigger part to play this season too.

• Advertisement

Just realised, this show makes dressing as a zombie for Halloween so much easier. Can just go as yourself and you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just realised, this show makes dressing as a zombie for Halloween so much easier. Can just go as yourself and you're sorted.

I'm sure you're going to rock those little black strappy heels :D

Puh-lease. Those are so last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Why did major decide to go back to liv, I think i might of missed a bit last week

mightyreds wrote: »
    Why did major decide to go back to liv, I think i might of missed a bit last week
    It was at the very end of the episode last week. It felt/feels really shoe-horned in and doesn't make a lot of sense - I think the show has strong writing, so I feel this is on purpose and we'll get some other reveal soon.

I'm also not fully understanding the difference between all the zombies we have seen and the cliché ones in the basement at MR?!

I'm also not fully understanding the difference between all the zombies we have seen and the cliché ones in the basement at MR?!

it's the difference between zombie's who have brains to eat and those who dont.

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »
    it's the difference between zombie's who have brains to eat and those who dont.
    Thought it had something to do with the new MR recipe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

It was at the very end of the episode last week. It felt/feels really shoe-horned in and doesn't make a lot of sense - I think the show has strong writing, so I feel this is on purpose and we'll get some other reveal soon.

Yeah it seemed shoe horned alright very unlike the show that's why it seemed weird and I'd missed something.

He went to Liv because he believed he had hit rock bottom since he was buying drugs from a guy who he tried to get off drugs, which is why he said he needed help.

It's strange that the doctor who's supposedly studying these zombies isn't too aware of the intelligent zombies, going by her questioning of Major.

And Ravi/Blaine win for best fight scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm getting the feeling that it could be a transference of his addiction. Instead of looking to Utopium to fix his problems he thinks a relationship with Liv can fix it instead. It's not completely uncommon for addicts who kick their original drug of choice but don't deal with any underlying problems they may have.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    And Ravi/Blaine win for best fight scene.

That was so random and hilarious. I also like Blaine's joke just before it, singing Friday, I'm in Love to get Ravi's attention and when Ravo asks what he wants, "Isn't it obvious - The Cure."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Melodeon

iguana wrote: »
    That was so random and hilarious. I also like Blaine's joke just before it, singing Friday, I'm in Love to get Ravi's attention and when Ravo asks what he wants, "Isn't it obvious - The Cure."
    There was a little nod to Bon Jovi in this episode too, and a very subtle Talking Heads reference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement