Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

season 5 what do expect? (for book readers)

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

theballz wrote: »
    Does anyone expect to see
    Young Griff a.k.a. Aegon Targaryen
    in season 5?

The storyline for that character is too strong, I feel it cannot be left out. Even if that character is left out I think someone else would have to carry the story line.

I'd say its cut.

There are loads of story lines what we thought were too important to cut and they've been cut.

But in case its not cut, some forums think that:
    Trystane Martell will be Aegon Targeryen
    . Hard to see this happening to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Will we see the Iron Islands in Season 6?

Victarion, Euron etc? Perhaps they're leaving this as one of S6's big storylines?

PedroBear wrote: »
    Will we see the Iron Islands in Season 6?

I doubt it. But it will be clearer depending on how the Daenerys story finishes up this season.

If there is no siege on Meereen, I don't see how the Iron Islands can feature next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

theballz wrote: »
    Does anyone expect to see
    Young Griff a.k.a. Aegon Targaryen
    in season 5?

The storyline for that character is too strong, I feel it cannot be left out. Even if that character is left out I think someone else would have to carry the story line.

There are rumours that both Griff and young Griff will appear in the last episode this season but I wouldnt hold my breath.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I doubt it. But it will be clearer depending on how the Daenerys story finishes up this season.

If there is no siege on Meereen, I don't see how the Iron Islands can feature next season.

Meereen Siege could be in the middle of Season 6? Maybe Ep. 4 or 5. And the Iron Islands could play out in episodes 1,2,3 and 4?

I want to believe....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Both Griff and Young Griff could be left as the cliffhanger in the last season. Would be a good way to finish the season for non-book readers I'd imagine.

Trystane I would have thought was more likely to replace Quentyn. Instead of saying a pact was made to marry Quentyn to Danareys they could say it was made for Trystane to.

The iron men will surely have to make some appearance in future seasons. As far as I'm concerned if they don't then from the TV shows perspective they should have been left out from day one and never brought into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

I doubt there will be a Siege of Meereen as such.

There'll be an uprising in Meereen itself but that's it I think.

Dany (who now is riding Drogon) either says screw this and leaves with her troops/people on the 90 plus ships of the Meereenese Navy she already has or burns the city to the ground (Drogon is keeping the other two Dragons in check) and then leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

i'd say it's Daario that tries to unleash the other two dragons and becomes the "Dragon Tamer"

There will be nothing left for Dany, she'll leave Meereen in flames and then turn west.

I've seen ShetlandViking's theory on other forums now too, regarding Brienne being setup to kill Stannis this season.

I will be praying that Brienne ends up flayed so before he does that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Stannis is the one true king. Lets not be silly :)

• Advertisement

Kunkka wrote: »
    Stannis is the one true king. Lets not be silly :)

After watching last nights episodes, he's f**ked.

After watching last nights episodes, he's f**ked.

Could go either way IMO.

Brienne kills him (probably getting killed herself straight after) or she gets captured trying to kill him and gets herself (and Pod) hanged (or more likely burnt at the stake).

All depends on who has the biggest ongoing plotline in the books. If for example in the books Stannis captures Winterfell and defeats the Boltons but dies in the process leaving a newly returned Rickon (with Davos as his advisor) to become the new Lord of the North then I can see him being killed off this season in the show (after attacking Winterfell).

Episode 10 title.

Mother's Mercy (14 Jun. 2015)
    Stannis marches. Dany is surrounded by strangers. Cersei seeks forgiveness. Jon is challenged.

Was not expecting that title, was expecting something like Winter or something.

Could be another Dany centric ending like the Mysha finale from season 3 (I think it was S3 anyways).

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Theyve been signposting Randyll Tarly like mad with him being mentioned by Sam, by Stannis etc....

Episode 10 title.

Mother's Mercy (14 Jun. 2015)
    Stannis marches. Dany is surrounded by strangers. Cersei seeks forgiveness. Jon is challenged.

Was not expecting that title, was expecting something like Winter or something.

Could be another Dany centric ending like the Mysha finale from season 3 (I think it was S3 anyways).

Well Mother Mercy is also one of the names Lady Stoneheart goes by so while the title most likely refers to Cersei seeking the Mothers Mercy by doing her walk of Shame (plus Dany and Drogon doing some mother/child bonding) it is either D+D trolling the fans or a very late intro for LSH. :D

I'd be very surprised if LSH does appear at this late date but we are supposedly seeing Walder Frey back in Season 6 so maybe they will play out the plotline.

^ I thought LSH alrite, but that seems most likely to never feature now.

Pity.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

TBH I would not be disappointed if they just skipped the Iron Islands storyline. One of the more dull parts of the books and it was hard to see the purpose of that plotline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

awec wrote: »
    TBH I would not be disappointed if they just skipped the Iron Islands storyline. One of the more dull parts of the books and it was hard to see the purpose of that plotline.

I enjoyed the iron islands. More so on second read. Victarion and Euron would make great characters on screen in my opinion.

awec wrote: »

I'd rather watch them, than see another Dorne scene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I just rewatched the scene where Brienne left Kings Landing and I really wondered why they cut Lady Stoneheart. They set it up, even telegraphed it, only to not follow through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Found season 5 hard to watch. Almost to dark burning of children, torture by Ramsey a bit too much. Death of Stannis seemed a complete anti climax. Surely he would be smarter than to walk into a superior force and be annihilated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Dob74 wrote: »
    Found season 5 hard to watch. Almost to dark burning of children, torture by Ramsey a bit too much. Death of Stannis seemed a complete anti climax. Surely he would be smarter than to walk into a superior force and be annihilated.

I think what D&D were going for with Stannis was that he had lost everything dear to him so why not go out fighting. Which completely flies in the face of the great military strategist we have in the books. Why they didn't keep the battle of Winterfell for season 6 episode 1 I'll never know. The off screen battle just didn't do it for me, if they were willing to bring Ciarán Hinds back for one episode surely Steven Dillane could've done the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

Dob74 wrote: »

I don't think Stannis is dead, they cut away right as Brienne swung her sword so we know nothing for certain in my view.

Hibbeler wrote:
    I don't think Stannis is dead, they cut away right as Brienne swung her sword so we know nothing for certain in my view.

Noticed that too. So when he tells Brienne to do her duty does she realise she should be looking after Sansa and not kill a potential ally Stannis? Show left a lot hanging. So why did the red priestess leave? Is Jon Snow dead. Or going to be bought back to life?

GerB40 wrote:
    I think what D&D were going for with Stannis was that he had lost everything dear to him so why not go out fighting. Which completely flies in the face of the great military strategist we have in the books. Why they didn't keep the battle of Winterfell for season 6 episode 1 I'll never know. The off screen battle just didn't do it for me, if they were willing to bring Ciarán Hinds back for one episode surely Steven Dillane could've done the same...

Would have been better to leave it til season 6. There was no mention of any northern houses rallying to Stannis like in the books. It also didn't show him die. So does Stannis live? The whole Stannis thing just seemed very rushed.

Advertisement