Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

People sticking notices to car windows query

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Dionysius2 wrote: »
    To those who think they have some kind of right to a certain parking spot on the public thoroughfare near their home this irrefutable comment is addressed : no local authority has any obligation to provide you with free parking regardless of how long you or your ancestors have resided there. That is the rock solid bottom line that no amount of waffle can circumvent. As the property lawyers so often observe : " there is an absence of title". To think otherwise is to delude yourself.

very true.....

but sometimes it is nice to be considerate of other people....

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi all

and thanks for the help and idea's.

the car is not parked on yellow lines

is not blocking a drive way as its on a long spine road. Approx 100 meters from the nearest bend ( front and rear )

not parked on a bend

does not cause any physical or visual obstruction to other drivers or pedestrians.

Not dodging parking fees its handy for bus and I have a legal right to park on a public road once all the above steps are adhered to.

I like the reference to "malious damage "and the camera . I may well invest in one as on principle this type of action p1sses me off. I HATE notice cowards and the next step may well involve a door to door .
    Autonomous wrote: »
    All people should park with due care especially if in around a housing estate you do not live in.

Ask yourself these questions....

Are you blocking a persons clear view while they try to exit their driveway?
    Are you parked on a bend?
    Are you blocking a crossing on the pathway?
    Why are you parking here? Dodging payments for parking? Visiting someone in the estate?
    Are been a general pain in the hole for residents?

Advertisement