Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WoTLK Midnite Sales in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

WellyJ wrote: »
    I was just there though, at a midnight launch... in the centre.......

I stand corrected. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Ivan wrote: »
    Right then, plan C. What times do these places open at? ;)

Tesco @ midnight, if ya can get someone to bother to find the game probably :P Guess rest would be 9am, check websites :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Take it with a pinch of salt but was in gamestop in henry st yesterday( I gave in and preordered) , and the chap I was dealing with happened to mention in passing that they may be doing a midnight opening.(they were already doing one yesterday night for the Gears of stuff 2 ).
    Tbh I couldnt be arsed with getting it at midnight - I'm happy enough to stroll in at 9 the following day and pick it up then.

Berns wrote: »
    Tesco @ midnight, if ya can get someone to bother to find the game probably :P Guess rest would be 9am, check websites :)

Do tescos even sell PC games? Nevermind MMO's??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Guys look, just get it next morning, get a whole nights sleep so you can get rest xp for next.....

o god...

This game cant get into my hands any quicker :P

You could also chance your arm at sneaking behind a counter, and when stopped by a puzzled staff member asking " mate what the **** are you doing" and you reply " **** you can see me in stealth?!?!" they may just give you the game outa pity...

or i can run in and do the animation for mass fear and whilst everyone is running around in circles ill rob a few copies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 virge

Guys look, just get it next morning, get a whole nights sleep so you can get rest xp for next.....

o god...

You could also chance your arm at sneaking behind a counter, and when stopped by a puzzled staff member asking " mate what the **** are you doing" and you reply " **** you can see me in stealth?!?!" they may just give you the game outa pity...

or i can run in and do the animation for mass fear and whilst everyone is running around in circles ill rob a few copies :)

I will be definitely doing the aoe fear thingy. I still dream with the day that warlocks will be able to stealth.... and wear plate... and vanish too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

virge wrote: »
    I will be definitely doing the aoe fear thingy. I still dream with the day that warlocks will be able to stealth.... and wear plate... and vanish too!

It's called a Death Knight with plenty of invisibility pots ...... :rolleyes:

Do tescos even sell PC games? Nevermind MMO's??

Check the midnight launch thing. Loada Tesco's on it. Up north anyhow :) Weather they'll have a clue is another question :rolleyes: Might take them half a hour to realise they've been listed as having a midnight launch then find they haven't actually ordered it in or sumin :P

I was just in GAME store, in Dawson ST, and indeed, they have stopped accepting pre-orders... And yes, those guys seem to be quite annoying, not really having a clue how to deal with customers...

But anyway, i heard they ordered 500 normal copies of Wrath...
    I am just scared of waiting in the line for the midnight release.. and suddenly, they saying - Oh, sorry! Its over, we have no more to sell...
    but we have the new POKEMON??! /wink /wink.

Should i take the risk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd say go for it. What have you got to lose? He could be the one.

• Advertisement

Ok, virge will be there waiting, to throw shadow bolts on whoever gets a copie before her!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

virge wrote: »
    Ok, virge will be there waiting, to throw shadow bolts on whoever gets a copie before her!!

Yes, but I'm maxed on Shadow Resistence from my lovely BT tailored gear :-)

ven0m wrote: »
    Yes, but I'm maxed on Shadow Resistence from my lovely BT tailored gear :-)

pfft.. chaos bolt then!!
    I will need to respec destro.. damn it!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

o god...

spaz.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

This thread does nothing to dispel the "WOW Players are nerds/fags lolz" conception. :D

Berns wrote: »
    Check the midnight launch thing. Loada Tesco's on it. Up north anyhow :)
    :P

...aha
    the ones down south just seem to do Xbox360/ps2 games.
    Pity that as theres a 24 hour one a few mins walk from my house..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I like WoW as much as the next junkie but seriously lads last time I checked it was still just a computer game.

DapperGent wrote: »
    I like WoW as much as the next junkie but seriously lads last time I checked it was still just a computer game.

Never have and never will be Q'ing like a spa for a midnight release.

Its called pre booking and not having to worry bout wether or not I get my copy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Never have and never will be Q'ing like a spa for a midnight release.

Its called pre booking and not having to worry bout wether or not I get my copy..

Plenty of people have pre-booked but are considering getting it at midnight if its available - its an exciting event - it's nice to be able to enjoy it as soon as you can, fun to share a new experience with many others that are going to Northrend for the first time

Judging from your comments I'd imagine much of what you do - queuing or otherwise - is done "like a spa"

• Advertisement

Judging from your comments I'd imagine much of what you do - queuing or otherwise - is done "like a spa"
    you win the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

WellyJ wrote: »
    This thread does nothing to dispel the "WOW Players are nerds/fags lolz" conception. :D

It seems we are immune to dispel /wink /wink

Plenty of people have pre-booked but are considering getting it at midnight if its available - its an exciting event - it's nice to be able to enjoy it as soon as you can, fun to share a new experience with many others that are going to Northrend for the first time

And where does that comment come from?

I cant believe the amount of people taking time of work etc...shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Guys, come on. More personal abuse?

Funny as it all may be, lets try to keep this more on topic. I really hate saying that, but these off-topic comments are just giving rise for more personal abuse. We're all pretty excited coming up to Wrath of the Lich king; some of us, more than others. But that's no excuse for attacking one another, whether we're the former or the latter.

Now, I dont mind off-topicness, I'm guilty of it more than once in this very thread, but any more personal abuse and I'm dishing out some bans. Last warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Ivan wrote: »
    Now, I dont mind off-topicness, I'm guilty of it more than once in this very thread, but any more personal abuse and I'm dishing out some bans. Last warning.

They're probably all L1 Gnomes spamming gold in IF anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Checkerle

I was again yesterday at the gamestop in Athlone. Still no confirmation about any CE's and they still don't make Midnight Sale. What a shame, in other countries it's just usual to find in lots of cities Midnight Sale for the lunch. But that's Ireland :mad:

Here you somebody who already got the CE:

http://wow.curse.com/articles/wow-en-news/338875.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ive heard from a friend that Game (galway) will do midnight release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Checkerle

Krieg wrote: »
    Ive heard from a friend that Game (galway) will do midnight release

Could you please verify this information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I hope someone points you out to me at the launch. You can make that face in front of me. Before I put your copy of wotlk up your arse like.

Wtf, one smiley and I get a reply like that! mental...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Checkerle wrote: »
    Could you please verify this information?

Well I personally don't plan on picking up a copy at midnight, but I thought id inform others of the possibility. I would call it a reliable source

GAME on Eglintion st. can be contacted on: 091 865 638
    9:30am - 6pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

I find it incredable that in this day and age that Blizz cant allow digital downloads upon launch its just doesnt make sense.

Well i didnt order mine quick enough and it looks play.com dont have any available so im gonna have to try PC World,Harvey Normans,Tesco,HMV,Game and the other game shop in town on launch day. I just forgot there was a game shop in town they must have it on launch day in dundalk btw. Dam theres of places just if they will have it on the day is the question.

Whats the story with offgames? you can buy a CD key there? is that legal? will my account get banned etc?

Is anyone else not feeling as "excited" as when TBC launched? im sure that will change on the day:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

imagine the bandwidth they would need for god knows how many millions of people downloading what 5gb or so? teh intarwebz would implode ! Yes, yeah i know pre-staged download and all that.

But im seriously thinking of driving to belfast on wednesday evening to pick it up if i cant find any shop doing it in dublin.

i'm EXCITED~!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Scram wrote: »

Whats the story with offgames? you can buy a CD key there? is that legal? will my account get banned etc?

QUOTE]

i have used it loads of times to buy game cards off and i bought a cd key for tbc off it a while ago. grand site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Anyone know whether Xtravision will be selling the expansion?

I have a voucher for Xtravision burning a hole in my wallet so it'd be nice to get it there if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Morgase wrote: »

I have a voucher for Xtravision burning a hole in my wallet so it'd be nice to get it there if possible.

They generally dont stock the new pc games they tend to go for console games more but who knows, they might stock em, they do stock older pc games. (at least in carlow)

Morgase wrote: »

dont think they sell pc games, or maybe they do since i bought TBC in thee for 4.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I see the torrent of it is up and about. You could combine that with offgamers and get cracking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Manties wrote: »
    dont think they sell pc games, or maybe they do since i bought TBC in thee for 4.99
    Psycopat wrote: »
    They generally dont stock the new pc games they tend to go for console games more but who knows, they might stock em, they do stock older pc games. (at least in carlow)

Thanks for that info lads, I remember seeing pc games there alright but it's always the older stuff. Cheers.

fake or real though woden ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

But im seriously thinking of driving to belfast on wednesday evening to pick it up if i cant find any shop doing it in dublin.

Wait wait, I thought Game on Dawson St was doing a midnight release? Or has this changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

any chance of a link to the torrent

Woden wrote: »
    I see the torrent of it is up and about. You could combine that with offgamers and get cracking.

Im on it! lol

The Torrent is very slow after a lot of searching i found a rapidshare link and got it downloaded at max speed. Not installed it yet but no viruses yet any other dodgy crap seems legit. Backing up my Wow folder first. Heck it it doesnt work out ill get it in a shop on the day but just wanted it ready for launch. And to to think 3 weeks ago i had quit wow and im back like an addict again looking for a fix:(

Its still a real shame that the Biggest MMO game and Company couldnt have done a better a job of making it available as a download for launch. But i guess thats just the way it is.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    any chance of a link to the torrent

Im sure that would be against the boards rules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

fake or real though woden ?

Real afaik. Downloading it myself at the moment to have the option.

With regards to linking it. I'm not sure wrt the legality of it e.g the patchs are all available on torrent but I'm not sure about the full client. Its arounds the usual places anyway.

Were in Belfast??? Dunno of any midnight openings apart from tesco, which am a bit sceptical about. Game in Lisburn aren't launching it at the usual 9am but ............. 7am :o Wonderin if HMV would be doin it in Belfast?? It's out on the street, beside Game :D Lisburn HMV in the Mall so couldnt see it ever doin midnight launch :P just one of the Game stores but..7am :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

DAMN YOU WOW ADDICTS!!

I'm reinstalling now and gonna patch up.

I though i could quit... My name is Gummy and I'm a wow addict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hmmm i never pre ordered this, whats the chance of heading to the shops in the morning and not being able to get it? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Game on eglington street Galway have confirmed to me a midnight opening for those interested, although they were pretty adamanent about having to preorder a copy to gurantee yourself one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Jayage

Right gamestop on henry street is doin a midnight opening of WOTLK
    i know since my mate is workin the midnight shift

i also know that there might be a few copies of the collectors edition goin that way too But you need to pre order it i believe to have a chance in grabbin one!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Well from the official site Cork is the only place in Ireland that is doing a midnight sale.

Plenty of SE in Carlow, same as there was the last expansion. I don't see a problem with getting a SE, but is it really worth the extra 40 - 45 euro?

Ingame pet and a book of art??? Pfft... A waste if you ask me.

Advertisement