Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contraceptive pill, how effective,where to get it and cost

Options
  • 19-04-2014 11:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

Hi all,
    Im 18 and in a relationship now a year, myself and my boyfriend have been sexually active for a few months now, we have always been careful by using a condom however concerns were raised when we heard stories of people getting pregnant from split condoms.

I want to get myself onto the pill for that reason and as I hate the embarrassment of buying condoms. We have both spoke about it and want to try it out. problem is I dont have a job and neither does he so we're short on money to get it, I was wondering how much it will cost me monthly and where can I get it? I dont want to go to my local GP as my father is friends with him and will be told I was there even though it is a confidential place.

I also have concern about how effective it is as a friend of mine and two of my cousins fell pregnant while on the pill. And also afraid of side effects... sorry for all the questions im very confused about the whole thing and need some advice, im not willing to go to my parents about this.

Also is there any place at all I could get the pill for free or at a very low cost? thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You will need to see a doctor or go to a well woman clinical to get a prescription. That will last six months.
    the monthly cost of the pill is about ten to fifteen euro on average

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi there OP and welcome to boards.
    There is a sitewide rule here that you shouldn't open the same thread across multiple forums so I'm going to close this one.
    I think your best thing to do is speak to a doctor or a family planning clinic, they will be able to advise you what's best for you to do.

Sauve

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement