Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squat Pain

Options
  • 27-06-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

I'm a long time at the squats(good form, below parallel), no real issues until last week. I'd been real disciplined and got my 5x5 up to 120kg(with a 150kg max) from 100Kg in about 6 weeks, squats are hard but 5 minutes after lifting I'm fine.

But then my second time doing 5x5 at 120kg, I got really bad pain (lactic acid type pain) in my Quadriceps it last nearly 30 minutes, I thought I needed to de-load but got the same problem with 115kg so took 5 days off and went with 100kg same problem, it takes 15 minutes of me trying to massage them to ease the pain.

Its both legs so I don't think I've pulled a muscle, any ideas or similar experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Diet? Are you feeling more tired or fatigued than usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

More than likely a mobility problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

discus wrote: »
    Diet? Are you feeling more tired or fatigued than usual?

I've being on strict diet alright, I was told that maybe I have hit wall like marathon runners... just checked my weight and lost 2kg in 5 days. So me thinks I need to get the protein intake up and it'll probably take while to get back on track...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 etoims

You should go to a physio as you are facing it for many days otherwise it may create a big issue with your health.

Advertisement