Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shingles very slow to clear

• 27-11-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭

Seven weeks ago I got shingles and it's still not clear!

I am lucky in one sense that I had no pain but chronic itch on my back and still there.

During this time I had visits to two different quacks/healers, 4 visits to GP, two doses of antibiotics for infection, several tablets for itch and medication for the virus and it's still itching with lumps spots still on my back.

I have been off work for 5 weeks and very fed up at this stage.

Just wanted to share my story as I think my shingles issue is slightly different than others as I had no pain yet anyway but lingering on for so long now very fed up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I had no pain either when I had mine and I also had chronic itching.

But I found that I was actually only itching out of habit and that if I kept myself busy I didn't scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I had no pain either when I had mine and I also had chronic itching.

But I found that I was actually only itching out of habit and that if I kept myself busy I didn't scratch.

My itch really gets going in the evenings and all night and stops we sleeping :(

So you've established a habit. It's probably in your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

So you've established a habit. It's probably in your head.

If you saw the state of my back you'd know its not in my head :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

My uncle had them in his eyes, absolute torture.

• Advertisement

If you saw the state of my back you'd know its not in my head :(

It's probably in a state because you keep scratching. Vicious circle.
    JJayoo wrote: »
    My uncle had them in his eyes, absolute torture.

Yeh I had them on my face and around my eye. It was gross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He had them actually in his eyes, for about 3 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I got them when travelling in south america. After seeing several doctors who didn't speak English and couldn't figure it out I got one who had some broken English. I look back now and laugh when returned to the surgery with my results 'eh, you have Herpes' to which I replied 'I do not'. Eventually he was able to explain herpes zoster to me but it was still a shock.

I was a good few weeks with nightmare pain in my back from about 2am - 9am. Couldn't sleep except for a few hours here and there. Haven't a clue as to what I took but considering you could buy valium and xanex by the bucket load without prescription it could have been anything.

Advertisement