Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green party Galway meeting

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

gmurphy70 wrote: »
    The problem I have with the Greens is that they sat idly by while FF ruined the country. It is very well documented of FF mishandling and failings of our Country. Green Party sat in government while this was happening, one scandal after another and they failed to act until their were backed into a corner. They backed and stood by FF until it was too late. The country voted ,why were the Greens wiped out???????

The Greens were in Opposition when FF ruined the Country. Do you not remember the budgets from 2002 onwards where taxes were reduced, spending was increased, and everybody prayed to Seanie Fitz and his money fairy for more borrowed money?

The Irish people got two opportunities to say No to this lunacy, in 2002 and 2007, and both times they gave a very clear answer - we want more money fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭raher1

Actually a lot of people were prepared to vote against ff but who were the opposition. Fg and labour were and are the same auld crowd.the only good thing the greens did was stay in coalition soo long,ff could not argue there way out of this problem as they have always being good at twisting the truth, I mean ff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

anymore wrote: »
    Still in school ?

I'm afraid you've lost me. Could you explain the witticism and how it relates to the topic at hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

To answer your question: yes, and email galwaygreenparty@gmail.com if you're interested in attending. There are still lots of local Green issues to be campaigned on, and lots of national and international issues to discuss at local level.

The same debate about whether the Greens were right to go into Government continues. Personally I think it was the right thing to do, and they did some good, but they made mistakes and in a way the writing was on the wall for them.

Just a question, does the greens go to as many international conferences now that the taxpayer is no longer picking up the tab for Gormley's jet set junkets ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Arfan wrote: »
    I'm afraid you've lost me. Could you explain the witticism and how it relates to the topic at hand?

Yes i could .....no I wont ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Just a question, does the greens go to as many international conferences now that the taxpayer is no longer picking up the tab for Gormley's jet set junkets ? :)

Good one,

It was well documented that Eamon Ryan cycled to work and wasnt using his ministerial perks,Countless times he told the media!! But i am sure he didnt hand the car back!!

Then you had the leader Gormley flying around to Green Conferences at taxpayers expense,What did the taxpayer ever get in return for this??

lots of double standards with these guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yes i could .....no I wont ! :)

Don't be a dick.

Sorry folks just can't stand people like Martin,just do nothing lay abouts who claim other people's work.
    I think eamonn Ryan should have stood aside,he is a good man but lacks that charisma for leader,he is a good wing man.
    I am surprised by the passion for the green party,future could be green after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Tell me , why were so many environmentalists pushed out of the Green Party ? You know the ones the ' professional Greens used to make funny jokes about, the ' sandal wearers'.
    At one point it seemed the Greens split into the 'Sandal wearers and the ' Armani wearers''.

anymore must be a politician if this is how he answers a simple question

• Advertisement

Green party has re launched again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

gmurphy70 wrote: »
    The problem I have with the Greens is that they sat idly by while FF ruined the country. It is very well documented of FF mishandling and failings of our Country. Green Party sat in government while this was happening, one scandal after another and they failed to act until their were backed into a corner. They backed and stood by FF until it was too late. The country voted ,why were the Greens wiped out???????

The Greens were in Opposition when FF ruined the Country. Do you not remember the budgets from 2002 onwards where taxes were reduced, spending was increased, and everybody prayed to Seanie Fitz and his money fairy for more borrowed money?

The Irish people got two opportunities to say No to this lunacy, in 2002 and 2007, and both times they gave a very clear answer - we want more money fairy.

Don't know who "everybody" is, but I certainly didn't pray to the likes of Fitz.

And the Greens are responsible for their own decisions, including the bank guarantee and their abandonment of "polluter pays", not to mention their added betrayal of those who did not want FF.

There's no point trying to avoid the real reasons why they are despised.

Green party have being proven right. They will rise again. No corruption here.

Advertisement