Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Wembley has severely limited availability because of other bookings (Euro 2016 qualifier, NFL etc) and is being used for 2 games only in the rwc, both in the first 9 days.
    Now obviously Ireland Italy could have been one of those two games if theyd wanted, but that would have meant a completely different fixture matrix for the entire comp.
    Yeah I figured there would have been good logistical reasons behind that being the case. But it is the venue with the biggest capacity in the RWC am I right?
    And the 2 games that are at Wembley are Ireland vs Romania and New Zealand vs Argentina.

Argentina will have a very small following, Romania's close to non-existent.
    I said earlier, majority of Irish fans attending the Romania game seem to be looking for CAT D or worse case scenario CAT C tickets.
    So you'll have a 90,000 capacity stadium with crowds packed behind both goals, and the stands relatively empty?
    Makes for weird tv aesthetics!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭munsterrugby09

Only higher categories available for quarter final now. The irish hoovered up the lower scale yesterday I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Doing rosslare - Pembroke fri- mon

Can book going over but not coming back?

Is it booked out Monday oct 19?

we are doing Dublin-Holyhead on Fri and back on Monday. Fast ferry over and slow one coming back. Jeep and 4 lads - just shy of €500 sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭munsterrugby09

Ascii wrote: »
    we are doing Dublin-Holyhead on Fri and back on Monday. Fast ferry over and slow one coming back. Jeep and 4 lads - just shy of €500 sheets

Got sorted with Pembroke return last night. Car and 5 lads €505 return. Pembroke nearest port to cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Only higher categories available for quarter final now. The irish hoovered up the lower scale yesterday I'd say.

Go on the lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bradders90

Live in S.London so its a simple case of catching the tube to Olympic stadium for the italy ireland clash in the OLY.
    Then 20 minute train to twickers to see eng vs aus, going to be an epic hopefully.
    Then going to stay with relatives in cardiff to see ireland france in millenium, that atmosphere should be absolutely mesmerising.

Looking forward to it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Go on the lads!

Fair play because i reckon they'd have a hard time filling France v Argentina otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iane87

5 of us flying cork to stansted. (€89 return) Renting a camper for 10 days (€200 each)
    Cheapest way of doing it as far as I can see. Accommodation is crazy prices. Have tickets for Ireland v France. And both QFs. Will get to see NZ that way too no matter. Cost of tickets is a farce but we want them. (€850 for 3 games)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 paletta29

4 of us are taking a camper van €700 to Cardiff for 1/4 final weekend

Rosslare - Pembroke 14/10
    Pembroke - Rosslare 19/10
    €560

Some have tickets for NZ quarter and others for the Argentina

We arrive in Pembroke Wednesday 1pm so we will take our time making it to Cardiff !!

paletta29 wrote: »
    4 of us are taking a camper van €700 to Cardiff for 1/4 final weekend

Rosslare - Pembroke 14/10
    Pembroke - Rosslare 19/10
    €560

Some have tickets for NZ quarter and others for the Argentina

We arrive in Pembroke Wednesday 1pm so we will take our time making it to Cardiff !!

Where ye parking it?!

• Advertisement

Not sure for the couple of days getting to Cardiff

When we get to Cardiff on the Friday we're parking it in the Harlequins RFC grounds until the Monday

Not sure for the couple of days getting to Cardiff

When we get to Cardiff on the Friday we're parking it in the Harlequins RFC grounds until the Monday

Is that a make shift camp site? How much? We have Cardiff caravan park from 10th-16th but need a place 16th-19th

iane87 wrote: »
    Is that a make shift camp site? How much? We have Cardiff caravan park from 10th-16th but need a place 16th-19th

I booked that campsite last august for the canada and france weekends, and the guy there I spoke to said they had space for 12 campervans, and that I was the 7th "Irish lad" to book in for those weekends...that's a year ago!!!

£5 or £10 per head per night

He said they will have room for everyone!

He had a pretty casual attitude! I asked do I need to leave a name for the booking and he said no there will be room.....

£5 or £10 per head per night

He said they will have room for everyone!

He had a pretty casual attitude! I asked do I need to leave a name for the booking and he said no there will be room.....

Have you contact details ? Throw them up there. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Two of us are flying into Stansted and renting a car for the Canada, France and QFs in Cardiff. Driving seems to be the cheapest option then forking out a fortune in train tickets. More then likely will stay with relations in Gloucester for the QF weekend all the others will be over an back on the one day.

If anyone is stuck for transport closer to the time.. I am sure we will have space!

Just need to sort accommodation for the London Games!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Loads of new releases, but going like hot cakes - get on quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

shanagarry wrote: »
    Loads of new releases, but going like hot cakes - get on quickly.

Got tickets to both semi-finals! Cat C so I only have to mortgage off the ground floor of my house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I have Cat Bs for SF2 sitting on my credit card which I haven't quite had the stomach to pay for yet. Too late to the party today to downgrade those to Cat C but have cheapened my Italy and France tickets the last two days so the overall bill is a degree less horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Im only going to the romania match and i was wondering if there are many tickets sold for it. I, hoping there is cause i dont like the thoughts of a nearly empty stadium and its category D i have too so not a great view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Henwin wrote: »
    Im only going to the romania match and i was wondering if there are many tickets sold for it. I, hoping there is cause i dont like the thoughts of a nearly empty stadium and its category D i have too so not a great view

Hopefully we can upgrade in stadium for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

haha ya, waltz away down behind the irish dugout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Christ, the search for accommodation in Cardiff for the France game is depressing! I have flights in and out of Cardiff on Saturday 10th/Monday 12th but I cannot find anything reasonable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭DrFloppy

Going to Romania match myself. Wembley seems an odd venue given it can hold, what, 90,000 punters? The eye watering cost of tickets coupled with the fact that it's, you know, Romania - you'd wonder will it be even half full? Even if it is a RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

DrFloppy wrote: »
    Going to Romania match myself. Wembley seems an odd venue given it can hold, what, 90,000 punters? The eye watering cost of tickets coupled with the fact that it's, you know, Romania - you'd wonder will it be even half full? Even if it is a RWC.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they flog last minute tickets to that at a low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

.ak wrote: »
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they flog last minute tickets to that at a low price.
    I think you could be right. They'll want the stadium looking full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

if anyone else is in need of cheap accommodation near(ish) to Cardiff it might be worth looking at mobile home rentals.
    as it's their off season you can get a mobile home that sleeps up to 8 for less than €200 for the weekend. It's not far from a regular train into the the city either.

Might not be the most luxurious way to travel but if you're driving over it's an option.

Trecco bay is the name of the place that we got.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    if anyone else is in need of cheap accommodation near(ish) to Cardiff it might be worth looking at mobile home rentals.
    as it's their off season you can get a mobile home that sleeps up to 8 for less than €200 for the weekend. It's not far from a regular train into the the city either.

Might not be the most luxurious way to travel but if you're driving over it's an option.

Trecco bay is the name of the place that we got.

Trecco is lovely, we stayed there years ago for a two week holiday! Their places were nice, cuts down on food costs as well as you don't have to go out all the time, you can do your own cooking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Trecco is lovely, we stayed there years ago for a two week holiday! Their places were nice, cuts down on food costs as well as you don't have to go out all the time, you can do your own cooking

Good to know . I imagine it will be a different experience in October but there are electric heaters all around so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    Good to know . I imagine it will be a different experience in October but there are electric heaters all around so it shouldn't be a problem.

If they are the modern mobile homes, they will have gas fires in the seating area, and possibly have central heating as well. If you are driving over, bring one or two hot water bottles with you for night

Advertisement