Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparison of Irish Accountancy Student & Member Numbers 2006 - 2013

Options
  • 11-04-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

IAASA's 2013 Annual Report is not due out for another few weeks but today, similar to last year, they have released a document containing Student & Members numbers for 2013 (attached).

I have updated the Comparison of Accountancy Student & Member Numbers 2006 - 2013 (also attached).

We followed it on another thread for prior years
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78623349

Noted trends:

1. Each accountancy body except CPA increased their membership in 2013, reversing the trend of declines seen in prior years.

However, I still suspect CAI may be under recording their Lapsed student registrations.

CAI's figure is again startlingly low (1.4%) compared to the others (10.2% to 17.8%), which would give the impression they have more students than they do!

(Apologies if I'm wrong here but it just looks plain weird)

2. CPA's Irish student numbers have dropped 55.8% since 2006 to just 832 at y/e 2013. CIMA down 21.6%

3. As you'd expect, Membership numbers are at an all time high for all bodies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

IAASA's Profile of the Profession 2014 figures came out yesterday (attached)

I have updated the Comparison of Accountancy Student & Member Numbers 2006 - 2014 (also attached).

We followed it on another thread for prior years
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=78623349

Noted trends:

1. Student membership was fairly static in 2014, with a net increase of 110 between the 4 main bodies.

2. The consistency of Lapsed Student Registration figures continue to puzzle me.

CAI's figure is again startlingly low (1.4%) compared to the others (9.5% to 17.8%), which may give animpression they have more active students than they do! Perhaps they regard a lapsed student as someone who hasn't paid up within 2 years v 1 year for the others.

3. Since 2006, Irish student number have dropped -57.0% for CPA, -19.9% CIMA, -15.9% ACCA and -1.5% CAI (but bear in mind pt 2 above)

4. As you'd expect, Membership numbers are at an all time high for all bodies.

Advertisement