Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Ordinary Family [** SPOILERS **]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

OisinT wrote: »
    Totally agree. It may as well have been a "dream" episode :rolleyes: :(

kinda like the bobby Ewing dream!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Woo!....Tricia Helfer is sex on legs!!

Tricia Helfer has revealed that she will appear in an upcoming episode of No Ordinary Family.

Helfer, who previously starred in Battlestar Galactica, announced the news on her Twitter page.

She said: "Yes, I'm going to be filming No Ordinary Family soon, by the wonderful [writer] Ali Adler."

Helfer also hinted that her character could be a villain, saying: "Mean/good - who cares."

Meanwhile, when the show's star Julie Benz tweeted that she was "looking forward" to working with her, Helfer replied: "I promise I'm nothing like my character, haha. Looking forward to it."

Source: DS

The latest was very enjoyable, because it embraced two 80's classics - Die Hard and The Breakfast Club, Jim crawling through vents taking out the bad guys one at a time. The kids being in detention playing truth or dare.

Then the drama of TWO Katie's, Josh and Jim's wife...nothing like a shapeshifter to expose all the secrets, enjoyable ep.

Eric Balfour (Skyline, Haven) to guest star:

ABC's No Ordinary Family is continuing the fun trend of casting familiar TV faces as cool super villains. The latest to sign up as a Powell family foe is 24 and Six Feet Under alum Eric Balfour.
    Eric will play a death row inmate named Marcus Winnick in two episodes that will likely air in March.

Viewers seem to be responding to NOF's villain-of-the-week stunt casting, which has also included sinister visits from Rick Schroder, Anthony Michael Hall, and most recently, Lost alum Rebecca Mader. Rebecca's episode this week gave the show a nice ratings lift, so the Powells should keep an eye out for many more guest villains in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble imagining that its not Vic Mackey when they are in the police station scenes?? :D Good show though, only caught the first 2 episodes so far but have the 3rd waiting in the Sky+ to watch this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Slightly more enjoyable than some of the previous episodes, but I'm still not totally sold on this show.

Autumn Reeser really makes the show tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Well, TV by the numbers is listing this show with a lot of potential as certain to be cancelled. Not really a fan myself, but it's a shame because this should could have been good and did have a few strong episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

FFS!! why cant a show last these days more than a season...whats the point of watching it if only for it to finish before its time....!:(

That was pretty good stuff!....very funny in places with Jim and the wife tryna outdo each other, LOADS of reveals and secrets outed!!

Daphne gets a new power!!...she can do the same as Josh/Sylar 2.0....push thoughts into people's mind, i'm glad about this as the kids are rather redundant on the outside all the time. At least now Jim and the wife are working together.....so everyone knows about everyone now.

The Powell's know about the boss running the show and he has surveillance footage of them using their powers, so lots of nice reveals and story progression.

I hope the producers have a shortcut planned in case it gets cancelled, so they can wrap it up and not leave it on a cliffhanger, hopefully the network gives them advance heads up.

Brilliant episode last night!!!!!...best of the entire season!, sooo many twists and reveals, shapeshifting galore and switch-er-roo stuff. The kids are finally in on the crimefighting + now involved in the arc.

Dr. King knows about ALL the family now, both sides got loads of info...Joshua is now in with the Powell family, it was very tightly plotted, no holes, lots of great twists and one side playing off the other.

The powers were well used, that was a huge leap in terms of quality, script, pacing and getting everyone involved and reveals on both sides.

4/5

• Advertisement

Michael Chiklis acknowledges his TV show “No Ordinary Family” has been too “slow” for his liking and promises more excitement is coming.

In an effort to appeal to too many audience segments, the ABC dramedy about a family that develops super powers became too “soft,” Chiklis said.

“What often happens is in trying to please all the parties you end up becoming mayonnaise or like a scoop of vanilla ice cream with no hot fudge and nuts,” he said.
    But Chiklis said he thinks the show is now “right on track” and that new episodes will be more exciting and engaging. The actor, whose last drama was the FX series “The Shield,” said upcoming events “completely expand the whole world of this series dramatically.”

Chiklis said viewers will soon find out that the show villain, Dr. King, “is not the top man at all.”

He also said Lucy Lawless, who joins the cast in a recurring role, is a “catalyst” for expanding the scope and stakes of the program.

An ABC spokesman said it does not yet appear that Lawless will have super powers of her own but definitely isn’t one of the good guys.

Lawless first appears on “No Ordinary Family” on March 1, the day her “Battlestar Galactica” alum Tricia Helfer guest stars on the show. Helfer plays a super villain whose ability to charm men into doing her will causes problems for Chiklis’ character, Jim, and his best crime-fighting friend, George.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You're right, Richard. Like this week's V, I think begrudging loyalty to an average (but watchable) show has paid off this week, big time. The latest episode was a cracker, and I can't wait to see what happens next. If Chiklis isn't just spinning some hype for the show, the last run of episodes promises to be pretty damn great.

No Ordinary Family star Julie Benz has revealed more details about two upcoming guest characters.

It was first announced in December that The Dead Zone star Anthony Michael Hall will appear in tonight's episode as a nemesis of Jim Powell (Michael Chiklis).

Benz told Good Morning America: "[Anthony] plays a man who's stronger and more invincible than Jim."

She added that guest star Tricia Helfer, who will appear in next week's episode, will play "a villain with the power of love".

The actress also confirmed that viewers will eventually learn why the Powell family developed special abilities following their plane crash in the Amazon.

"You will find out how it happened and why," she promised. "[But] I can't tell you!"

^ really looking forward to tonight!...if the show continues like this it could be great entertainment, renewal?....i'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

^ who knew? :) - latest ep. was just OK, but...i have to praise Michael Anthony Hall (memba him?), he acted extremly well in this ep. playing a bad guy a loser father to Daphne's BF. Not too many reveals but they DID address one major issue - as in when Katie gets preggers by Joshua will the bambino have superpowers?

+ they brought up the issue of Joshua mind wiping Daphne, he got his ass handed to him for that and Katie broke it off + he left, it was implied in the final shots he had in fact lost his powers when given the serum.

What is Dr. King doing with the Powell kid?

The episode order has been cut from 22 to 20....a clear sign of the axe: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/02/no-ordinary-family-stephen-collins-says-the-end-is-now.html

NOF is done, finito: http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/michael-chicklis-to-star-in-conan-obrien-produced-comedy-pilot-vince-uncensored/

Meanwhile, the sets of No Ordinary Family were taken down on the Disney lot today. A rep for the studio said the space will be used for a PGA conference. While folding sets away when production is done to make room for filming pilots and other activities is not unusual, with the show struggling in the ratings, the move could become permanent. After a very promising start, No Ordinary Family was assigned one of the most competitive slots this season, Tuesday 8 PM, where it has faced an uphill battle against Glee and NCIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Read both Chiklis and Benz are shooting pilots for next season..

.. was a dreadful show (from what I saw in the first half of the season anyways).

Basq wrote: »
    Read both Chiklis and Benz are shooting pilots for next season..

.. was a dreadful show (from what I saw in the first half of the season anyways).

Yup, and to add further fuel....an episode is being burned off on Saturday, i expect the other new eps. to be moved around or on the ABC website or something.

NOF = RIP :(

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/18/second-to-last-no-ordinary-family-bumped-to-saturday-march-26-10pm/86292

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Well I guess we knew it was coming :(

• Advertisement

Ep. 19 is out, No Ordinary Future....it was burned off on a Sarurday. I just watched ep. 18 last night so to get ep. 19 so quick is nice.

So just off from watching ep. 19 and 18, both pretty good...think 18 was stronger, pretty good fight between Jim and Eric "i have a small penis" Balfour, i suggest you Google for that refrence :-)

But it's all too little too late, if anything came from this series is showcasing Autumn Reeser, she brilliant as Katie. She got the best dialogue with all her comic book and geek refrences. But alas those early eps. killed it, it was too fluffy and soft, even Chilkis sdmitted this.
    With one to go i don't expect there ismuch left to clear up, tbf they have given alot of answers.

It's thankfully not one of these shows\like Lost where you wait seasons for answers, i just hope they don't try end on a cliffhanger!

Episode 19 was pretty good... I thought it might have ended on a cliffhanger to set up a nice finale, but no such luck. Don't give a crap about Daphne and Chris, and the baby plot isn't that interesting.

I was expecting that ep. 19 to be a bigger deal, ala flashing forward in time, i was hoping those forwards might be part of a bigger story arc, ala Heroes. But it was all wrapped up. The weakest part of the entire show is the kids, it's not The Incredibles because the kids used to crimefight proper and here they are just on the outside to the parents.

Plotholes!....major issues with this show, too numerous to count, it had some very bad writing in places, even in ep. 18 Jimmy could somehow look at a wound and know the typeof infection she had?....so he can analyse blood now??????

Equations and math i get, but how did he leap from being able to look at blood and test it?, tbf the show did improve as it went along, but it had a run of four solid eps. one brilliant, then it went to crap again.

Very inconsistent and patchy....yet i did enjoy it, despite it's flaws. It's premise had potential but was squandered due to either bad writing or IMO network interference.

I read an early interview whereby the showrunner said they wanted the show to be darker, more serialised, but they buckled to make it "family friendly", that's what killed it.

Oh ****!...this looks epic! :D

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/no-ordinary-family-episode-120-no_27.html

That promo looks great!....guess who's powers get revealed? ;)
    Mrs. X kidnaps J.J. and forces him to solve an enigma; Joshua and Katie reconnect; George is held prisoner on a plane that spirals out of control.

“No Ordinary Beginning” – The Powells must join together to save JJ, who’s been kidnapped, courtesy of Mrs. X (Lucy Lawless) and forced to solve an enigma that could lead to the permanence of the trilsettum’s effects. Meanwhile, Joshua reconnects with Katie and discovers that he’s about to become a father, and George’s fate hangs in the balance as a prisoner aboard a plane that’s quickly spiraling out of control and about to crash, on the Season Finale of “No Ordinary Family,” TUESDAY, APRIL 5 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“No Ordinary Family” stars Michael Chiklis as Jim Powell, Julie Benz as Stephanie Powell, Romany Malco as George St. Cloud, Autumn Reeser as Katie Andrews, Kay Panabaker as Daphne Powell, Jimmy Bennett as JJ Powell and Stephen Collins as Dr. Dayton King.

Guest starring are Josh Stewart as The Watcher/Joshua, Jason Antoon as Mr. Litchfield, Lucy Lawless as Mrs. X, Rebecca Mader as Victoria Morrow, Anthony Martins as passenger, Michael Maize as Ben, John Rubinstein as Dr. Klein, Cody Weselis as gunman, Derek Davies as gunman no. 2, Greg Collins as armed guard, James Ellis Lane as Agent Hawkins and Tracy Howe as security guard.

The story for “No Ordinary Beginning” is by Jon Harmon Feldman, and the teleplay by Zack Estrin & Ali Adler. Paul Edwards directed.

Actually, if you watched ep. 18 Eric Balfour/animal dude....when he was scratching up thise cars, before the limo with Mrs. X pulled up, he was sniffing the air....he did the same when he met Katie at her house, ergo...Mrs. X is a super, so it makes sense when you see the above trailer.

Oooh nice.... I take back what I said about a potentially weak finale!

:eek: - dammit!...what a great setup for a second season! :D
    But...we'll never see it :(

That was a pretty damn good ep. - we got lots of answers, how the Powells got their powers, Dr. King dead, Mrs. X name revealed. Katie has a superbaby!...Joshua back + no powers, Stephanie's serum to rid supers of powers works.

Then the ending, setting up a season 2 arc!....80 criminals, all now have superpowers incl. George....then the big setup, the government know all about it!

Ergo, a second season would have the Powell's working with the government to round up or capture/kill the 80 supers, dammit!...that was a pretty good ending i must say, i got a real Iron Man/S.H.I.E.L.D. vibe from that ending.

Darn!...based on that end i'd love a season 2 as it could open up a whole new story arc with the government onboard. As is it was a very solid finale, lots of remaining questions answered + nice setup for a second season.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/04/no-ordinary-family-review-no-ordinary-beginning/

I'm very happy with that as a final episode, all the big questions from the season were answered, all they did was open up a new arc for a potential second season, it's not a cliffhanger ending per se....you may not have seen it but when it faded to black a message read.....

To Be Continued.........?

^ very comic book, well played!

No Ordinary Finale... really great TV. If they'd used that pace for the whole season, I think we'd be looking forward to season 2 in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Quite a few bodies in that episode. LMAO @ Dr King.
    Very mediocre series in all. Not something that I'd recommend to anyone unless they had a lot of time to whittle away. A few decent episodes but not exactly high quality cerebral, seat gripping, intricate plots.

I'd probably still watch a few episodes of a season 2 though.

Advertisement