Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Ordinary Family [** SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Cool, I'm liking that casting call.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I have a rather disturbing HATRED for Rachel Miner....i can't begin to express my rage everytime i see her on tv or movies, yet here she popped up looking haggared, battered and her usual skanky ugly self.

At least she has superpowers and moved the main arc on a bit, so there seems to be a few of these superpowered up types running around.

OK ep. overall.

This weeks ratings, while overall viewers on par with last week....the crucial Adult demo dropped to a 2.0 (2.2 last week):

No Ordinary Family
    - 7.376 million viewers
    - 4.6/7 HH
    - 2.0/5 A18-49

Annie Wersching has reportedly signed up for a role in No Ordinary Family.

The former 24 star will appear in one episode of the series, Fancast says.

Earlier, it emerged that 24 alum Rick Schroder has signed up to play a man whose life is saved by Jim (Michael Chiklis).

Wersching is expected to star in the same episode as the wife of Schroder's character.

No Ordinary Family continues on Tuesdays at 8/7c on ABC.

Significant uptick in the ratings last night, dunno why....i wasn't hugely sold on the ep. - but it wasn't bad. The superpowers seem to be evolving and Kay Panabaker has garnered a new ability, not just reading minds but seeing memories.

[edit] - FFS!...Jackson Rathbone from Twilight guest starred, no wonder it went up....fu*king Twilight! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

this series has really grown on me, and unlike this shows predeseser Heroes this show might actually do something and hold a solid fanbase, and hopefully maintain i fairly solid storyline,

im really liking all the carcaters, the parents are the first ones i didnt really like, but it didnt really take away from the episode either,

deffinately a more family orientated show,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Surprised people are still watching this.
    I was really psyched about this program and didn't buy into the negativity from the trailer earlier in the autumn, but boy this is a turkey.

The things that reaaaaallllly buged me were:
    1. George shoots Jim when Jim asked him to. As if that would happen!
    2. JJ hides his powers from others. Why?
    3. Jim appears at a few too many crime scenes
    4. Has anyone ever heard of any wedding being held up? And then the thieves get away by scaling the building on harnesses.
    5. Stephanies boss just happens to be the bad guy. What a coincidence.... not!

Now that was from the first and a bit episodes and it doesn't even list the small things that are just plain stupid.

I tried readjusting and thinking to myself - this is just like The Incredibles, take it with a pinch of salt, but I can't stand when people do things that are just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

There's a lot of plotholes in this alright. He should have had bulletholes in his tshirt today. I think it's supposed to be taken very lightly. Heroes was a bit more serious. This seems more like light-hearted-and-there's-a-lesson-to-be-learned-at-the-end-of-the-day type plots.

Last nights ep. - imo....was the best of the season thus far, written by Marc Guggenheim, there were some nice twists thrown in + they seems to finally be introducing the overall arc/mythology of the show.

Sylar 2.0 was on scene and found a clever way to insert himself into the family dynamic and garner intel. My issue with the show is it's a little too light, too family friendly.....i like a bit of grit and darkness, if it could just strike the balance between the two they might have something.

I don't want it to go the Heroes route, but the scripting leaves alot to be desired. But last nights ep. was a step up.

Another strong ep. last night - the last two eps. have been very meaty, getting into the mythos of the show, the powers, the players, who's behind it all etc.

The powers are evloving + more superpowered characters are appearing, Autumn Reeser is utterly fantastic!, by far the very best thing about the show....she gets brilliant dialogue, lots of comic book and sci-fi/super hero movie refrences!

This week she named checked President Roslin, who?....ah president of the twelve colonies (confused look), hello Battlestar!.....classic!

Sylar 2.0 is getting rather good, understated and creepy...how hasn't the kids copped he's the Will from the dating profile they setup?...major plothole there, these last 2/3 eps. have been much much stronger.

It needs to get darker, not Heroes....but a bit more arc elements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Holy crap, a good episode! Started off pretty ordinary (sorry) but really picked up in the last 15 minutes with some nice twists and revelations.

It improved in its ratings too, so thats always good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm about 8 episodes behind.. will catch up over Christmas!

Mr E wrote: »
    Holy crap, a good episode! Started off pretty ordinary (sorry) but really picked up in the last 15 minutes with some nice twists and revelations.

It improved in its ratings too, so thats always good to see.

Yup, Sylar 2.0 was excellent!....that's 4 eps. in a row now that have been really good!, loved the scenes when Sylar 2.0 (what i call him) and Kay Panabaker, he got really dark and scary...then wiped her memory!

They *finally* addressed the issue of Will being the same name that the kids setup in the online dating profile. Very good episode overall, big improvement in the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Has anybody watched this show??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ssH58qf8I

I watched the first episode the other day and i'm not really sure what I think of it. It's about a family who are in a weird accident and they get super powers, so they have to deal with these changes to their lives whilst dealing with the regular BS of family life.

The episode wasn't great but i'm gonna watch a few more and see how it pans out.

Any of you guys up to speed on it???

The pilot is weak for some, see the main thread...it's got ALOT better in the last four episodes, many on foums etc. have noted the upturn: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055910387&highlight=ordinary+family

I've seen it all, the first few eps. are very "family friendly", but it starts to get darker and more mythos and delves into the arc and superpowers and who's behind it all etc.

The pilot is weak for some, see the main thread...it's got ALOT better in the last four episodes, many on foums etc. have noted the upturn: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055910387&highlight=ordinary+family

I've seen it all, the first few eps. are very "family friendly", but it starts to get darker and more mythos and delves into the arc and superpowers and who's behind it all etc.

Cheers Richard, couldnt find anything on it so i started this, I shall head over to the main thread now :)

Just started watching this a few days ago, only seen the first two episodes, looks promising enough, from reading the posts above it seems like it gets better so i'll stick to it for another few episodes.

But being that I'm a superhero junkie i'll prob watch it til its over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

threads merged

Haddockman wrote: »
    threads merged

Thankin you ;)

Some 80's blowback in casting here:

Here's some Weird Science for you! The guy whose chief goal back in the 1980s was just to steal Molly Ringwald's panties is heading to ABC's superhero series, No Ordinary Family.

In a February sweeps episode, Anthony Michael Hall (The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles) will cross paths with series patriarch Jim Powell (Michael Chiklis). "He's a force to be reckoned with" is all the tight-lipped producers will tell me at this time.

Anthony, now 42, has also popped up on recent episodes of Community and CSI: Miami. My advice to the show's Julie Benz: Put a lock on your underwear drawer now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kosta972

Hi,

Does someone know when this drama is broadcasted in Ireland, and on which channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kosta972 wrote: »
    Does someone know when this drama is broadcasted in Ireland, and on which channel?

It'll start airing it's first season next Tuesday (11th January) on the Watch TV channel (Sky 109).

I caught up with the show over Christmas.. and it's not for me!

Honestly don't think it improved much at all.

The latest ep. wasn't great tbh, Autumn Reeser as always got the best lines, lots of Matrix and SW refrences, but it did have a nice twist at the end, i'm guessing Sylar 2.0 will be killed off soon enough since he held out on the journal + choose love over being a baddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

What was she watching on tv?

Anyhow, was that girl originally in JJ's class/school? I thought that she was above standard school intelligence or did they change the character to suit the latest episode?

I'm finding it a very lacklustre series in general. It's fine as mindless entertainment after a hard day's work, but it's hardly exciting and cerebrally challenging.

^ dunno what movie was on the tv, and yeah JJ's girl i also thought was not attending his school. It's family tv, imo i feel the showrunners are battling ABC over whether to make it a serialised show with an overall arc, or just a baddie-of-the-week type show.

Thus far they have tried mixing both, i've said it before...the show works better when the stakes are raised, when the family is in danger, when they inject a serialised approach and mythology.

Imo they need to give Autumn Reeser powers, but she's preggers now so i doubt she;ll be leaping tall buildings. I do feel however the show has potential, they just need to focus the show more a write better scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

basquille wrote: »
    It'll start airing it's first season next Tuesday (11th January) on the Watch TV channel (Sky 109).

I caught up with the show over Christmas.. and it's not for me!

Honestly don't think it improved much at all.
    I did the same thing. I will give it to the end of the season. Not sure it'll be renewed anyway so may as well watch the last couple.

Ah!....i expected this tbh, but will it be a super powered baby????

Katie will get pregnant in an upcoming episode of No Ordinary Family, ABC has confirmed.

Autumn Reeser, who plays Katie, announced that she is expecting a baby last month.

An ABC spokesperson has now told TV Line that Reeser's pregnancy will be written into the show.

Speaking at the People's Choice Awards earlier this week, Reeser said: "I'm starting to show so they're going to have to decide [if Katie's pregnant] pretty soon. Personally, I would love to see it written in because that would be a really interesting struggle for Katie. She's so naive in so many ways, to watch her struggle with a pregnancy would be awesome."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Kosta972 wrote: »
    Hi,

watching this at the moment on the sky box...it's on the 'watch' channel double episode.. started at 8pm

OK - that's IT!...officially jumped the shark with the latet ep. Katie confronts Sylar 2.0 and he what?, has powers to change writing on a page???????

and Katie just belives him?????, that was just beyond silly, she'd been sitting on that chair waiting for him to wake up and confront him, i'd bet she looked over the journal a bunch of times....and she just accepts that oooh maybe i, what?

Was dreaming?, stupid?, needed glasses?....that was the most pathetic "reset" ever in television history!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

OK - that's IT!...officially jumped the shark with the latet ep. Katie confronts Sylar 2.0 and he what?, has powers to change writing on a page???????

and Katie just belives him?????, that was just beyond silly, she'd been sitting on that chair waiting for him to wake up and confront him, i'd bet she looked over the journal a bunch of times....and she just accepts that oooh maybe i, what?

Was dreaming?, stupid?, needed glasses?....that was the most pathetic "reset" ever in television history!
    Totally agree. It may as well have been a "dream" episode :rolleyes: :(

Advertisement