Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's going to be your next car?

• 09-07-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

in 1.5-2 years time, mine will probably be another 5 series (have a 2005 530i atm),

2008+ E60/E61 530i/545

or

F10/F11 535i for da chape tax

(Or if the OH gets her way, a CMax diesel :rolleyes:)

Probably difficult to find one with a spec I'd be happy with...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Groan..... Another brag about my BMW thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Would honestly like an E65 7 Series as my next car (2005 if possible), but it's most likely going to be an E90 320d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I wouldn't take a kettle as my next car :D

Kidding, they are not too bad ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm thinking Honda Accord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

rocky wrote: »
    in 1.5-2 years time, mine will probably be another 5 series (have a 2005 530i atm),

2008+ E60/E61 530i/545

or

(Or if the OH gets her way, a CMax diesel :rolleyes:)

What a Knob! Mine will more than likely be a bicycle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 leesherwin

Audi A7 may be they next car in a year or so

Rookster wrote: »

Will that be a E45 or a E90 or a E, whatever those buckin E's stand for bicycle:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭ofcork

Not aiming high but would love a 2012 avensis hopefully next year:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Moneymaker wrote: »

As am I. I am in no way ready to move away from the Integra just yet, but I loved my 98 Accord and a newer model will be the first car that I look at when I do go to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Mazda RX 8 PZ. I just need to find a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭lau1247

I'd love an A6.. With the right OEM kit, it is stunning.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

jca wrote: »
    Groan..... Another brag about my BMW thread

Not restricted to bmws, go on tell us more about your next diesel tractor... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

One that starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

djimi wrote: »
    As am I. I am in no way ready to move away from the Integra just yet, but I loved my 98 Accord and a newer model will be the first car that I look at when I do go to change.

Good value, reliable, nice styling, plenty of kit, decent engines.

Ticks all the boxes basically.

Not restricted to bmws, go on tell us more about your next diesel tractor... :p

Only after changing, no wander lust yet, still in the keeping it clean phase:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

Moneymaker wrote: »

Exactly what I went for a couple of weeks ago and I'm very happy with it.

I went for the 180bhp Type-S model which has 154 g/km emmissions - falling just under the 155 g/km level needed for the €390 tax band.

My next car will be in a couple of years time but I would consider a BMW depending on reliability of the latest model. I'd have been looking at a 2010 model this time round and I've read about too many issues with the pre-2011 BMW's to feel comfortable buying one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

I think a Lexus IS200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

2005 Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro with lots of toys -> 08+ Audi A8 with equivalent engine and even more toys!

ETA: 12-18 months hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I've been looking at quite a few various types. My criteria is 2l petrol hatch. What interests me so far is the astra opc or fiesta mk6 st. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Hopefully an early to mid '90's Starlet. 4 door. In the next 3/4 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I have an f10 and love it but imagine petrol ones are very hard to find in the UK, especially if you want a certain spec. You want the pro nav at the very least! Suppose if you found a 535i the owner would have specc'd it up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

370Z :)

GT86 or Caymen S

That is if my current avensis lasts another........... about 10 years or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭flashforward

I have an f10 and love it but imagine petrol ones are very hard to find in the UK, especially if you want a certain spec. You want the pro nav at the very least! Suppose if you found a 535i the owner would have specc'd it up nicely.

535i f10? Seriously difficult to find one of those even in the UK.

The diesel brigade sicken me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Still assembling the next car and will be for a while yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think for the first time in my life I dont really think much about my next car. I am pretty happy with my stables right now. :pac: I drive scooby and misses mx5 mostly. Scooby just works perfect for me as all arounder. Reliable and fun.

If there would be an option it would be only this: Selling mx5 and buying a classic american muscle car as a weekend/fun car. something like and old Camaro or Trans Am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

Ya have a scooby too, would love a dodge challenger but will probably go for a '05 911 997.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please mind your language here. Card given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

A 9-5 estate 2.0 turbo petrol with leather interior around 07 (with the old triumph engine) as after that GM ruined it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

E39 for me I'd say.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

About to hopefully make a BMW M6 cabrio my next car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Kinda keeping an eye on Seat Exeo estates and facelift Accord iDTECs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I only got mine a few weeks back but leaning now towards BMW X5...all the lovely space :) ..to be taken up with kids stuff :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

A golf. Probably mk6 or mk7 depends on how long I keep my current car. Recently seen a mk6 R line and really liked that. Probably be 2 years before I change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

535i f10? Seriously difficult to find one of those even in the UK.

The diesel brigade sicken me.

I waited about 6 months for my current car to come up for sale, I know how difficult it can be to find one. Though for the future car I have more models/engines in mind, and I can take my time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

A 9-5 estate 2.0 turbo petrol with leather interior around 07 (with the old triumph engine) as after that GM ruined it.

I very much doubt by 2007 that engine had anything Triumph in it. It was continuously evolved and was basically a new block by the early 90's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I genuinely don't know, about ten months away from changing, I'm looking, weighing up different models for the last couple of months & can safely say it's wrecking my head already :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Potentially a MkII Focus RS,maybe a MkIII ST, or possibly something completely different like an S5/RS4 or even an A45 AMG.

That is I I can fend off the lure of an ankle biter by that stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Allah willing, an 08 gs450h.

Everyone telling me its an old boys car. Fuk em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

A slightly newer BMW than my current '69 I think.
    It's a pity the 135i coupe's weren't more popular in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

to replace the d-max will be either a new Pajero "executive" (5 seat commercial) or a 2013 discovery commercial , If I cant find a discovery with every option on it , itll be the pajero.

may buy something sporty towards the end of the year for when I turn 25 , thinking 840ci, 560 SEC or an older porsche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

I very much doubt by 2007 that engine had anything Triumph in it. It was continuously evolved and was basically a new block by the early 90's.

Doubt no longer but believe. Also if you dont know something to be true or not it makes you look silly if you come on and just post you dont believe it, even though you dont know anything about it yourself.

SAAB were using the triumph engine under license initially and then started adapting it. They were still using the same design (although updated) in the SAAB 9-5 which you was made until about 2008/9.
    From wikipedia but it is true as I have done a lot of reading up on SAABs.

Just to add it is likely that this engine will be used in new SAAB 9-3 cars later this year.

The Saab H engine is a redesign of the Saab B engine, which in turn was based on the Triumph Slant-4 engine. Despite the name it is not an H engine or horizontally opposed engine, but a slanted inline-4. The H engine was introduced in 1981 in the Saab 900 and was also used in the Saab 99 from 1982 onwards and the Saab 90. It continued in use in the 900/9-3, 9000, and 9-5. The 2003 GM Epsilon-based 9-3 switched to the GM Ecotec engine, leaving the 9-5 as the sole user of the H engine. The last model year for this family of engines was 2009. The tooling and know-how was sold to BAIC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

marathonic wrote: »
    Exactly what I went for a couple of weeks ago and I'm very happy with it.

I went for the 180bhp Type-S model which has 154 g/km emmissions - falling just under the 155 g/km level needed for the €390 tax band.

My next car will be in a couple of years time but I would consider a BMW depending on reliability of the latest model. I'd have been looking at a 2010 model this time round and I've read about too many issues with the pre-2011 BMW's to feel comfortable buying one.

What year is your accord? Haven't driven the UK s type but love the exec 2009 I have but the extra 30bhp must be nice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

My next that I'll have on the road will be my 156 when I put it back on the road and take the gtv off for a year (not until 2016 though) so a good while yet.
    What will I actually buy next? I haven't a clue to be honest. I want something older and italian so perhaps a 75 3.0 v6 although if a cheap enough e34 535i came up I could be tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

What year is your accord? Haven't driven the UK s type but love the exec 2009 I have but the extra 30bhp must be nice...

Mine is a 2011. I haven't drove the 150 bhp version myself. There's rarely a time where I'm looking for more power in my 180 bhp version. It's signicantly more powerful than previous Mondeos and other cars that I've owned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Another estate of some sort, great yokes, maybe an accord or a mazda 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Leaving the next cheap car aside, when it comes to changing the mondeo, I don't really know, more than likely won't be another mondeo, I'd like to try out a 3 series, maybe a volvo of some sort, won't be for a good while yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

09-10 F01 7 series or a 2008 Quattroporte in a few years.

The head will always justify a German brand over an Italian, but have to get that Maserati urge out of the system!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,513 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A car no penny pinching fool wants in this country, spec will include...petrol, automatic, €700 plus motor tax a year, luxury beyond 95% of cars on our roads, budget will be sub €5k, smile on my face when chatting about running costs to the €25k plus buyers of sub €200 motor tax diesel poverty spec rattling tractor based cars will be priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Considering an AMG spec. Merc CLA 1.6 Petrol :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement