Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

To clarify with the wine, the 25% comes off first.

So whatever you buy, less 25%, needs to leave you with at least €40 to pay.
    Then use your €6 Tesco voucher, then any other vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

I picked up a fellowes A4 laminater and trimmer for 7.31 today in Tallaght. It was yellow tagged and there both quite excellent. Much better then the shredder from Tesco that's priced at 11.24 at the moment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yawns wrote: »
    Generally Legally you can't use vouchers on stage one infant formula either.
    fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

fyp

Really? What's the legal impediment?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

dulpit wrote: »

Its banned under EU law, an adoption of a World Health Organisation decision in the 1980s. Can't advertise (which is why all the ads claim to be advertising the "when you've decided to move on..." products) and can't promote sale in any way - so vouchers, discounts, 2 for 1 etc are are all illegal.

Similarly lottery tickets can't be incentivised under the Act that started the Lotto, cigarettes under some health promotion act amendment in the 1980s.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bizebee

Does anyone know how long is the tesco wine offer around for this time? :)

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dulpit wrote: »
    http://www.fsai.ie/legislation/food_legislation/foods_for_particular_nutritional_uses/infant_formulae_and_follow_on_formulae.html
    Point-of-sale advertising, giving of samples or any other promotional device to induce sales of infant formula directly to the consumer at the retail level, such as special displays, discount coupons, premiums, special sales, loss-leaders and tie-in sales are prohibited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

bizebee wrote: »

According to their Fresh Value magazine, the 25% off wine offer was only valid from Thurs-Sun (20-23), so unless they have extended it, it's no long valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

bizebee wrote: »

Thanks in advance!

in yesterdays paper the ad says it's extended :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Its now due to finish on Sunday 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Does anyone know if you were to get 6 of the dine in meals, where you get a main, 2 sides, dessert and bottle of wine, would you get 25% off the wine as well? I know that this used to work with M&S with their dine in for two meal deals and when they would have an offer of 25% off of 6 bottles of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Moyglish wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you were to get 6 of the dine in meals, where you get a main, 2 sides, dessert and bottle of wine, would you get 25% off the wine as well? I know that this used to work with M&S with their dine in for two meal deals and when they would have an offer of 25% off of 6 bottles of wine.
    Interesting question. I think the wine in the deal usually works out at €4/bottle, so if the 25% came off the wine only on the deal price, it would be only an extra €1 off each meal deal, but if it worked on the full price of the wine, then it would be nice.

Only thing is that you would then have six meals to be consumed in a short time. Not sure I'd want to freeze them.

A bit off topic, but is anyone else on here signed up with Tesco Shopperthoughts.ie? I signed up a few months ago. I think today might have been the first time that I was given a link to a survey. I see I've now earned 175 points. How do these points appear on the clubcard details?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

leck wrote: »
    A bit off topic, but is anyone else on here signed up with Tesco Shopperthoughts.ie? I signed up a few months ago. I think today might have been the first time that I was given a link to a survey. I see I've now earned 175 points. How do these points appear on the clubcard details?

Yes. They only appear on the statement with the mailing, and not online on the Clubcard portal as far as I can tell. I signed up a while ago and got a fair few surveys so 350 came through on last week's mailing and I had another 100 pending and did 75 today. You likely got the same 75 and a 100 signup bonus.

They aren't frequent but they're relatively decent reward rates compared to other surveys and get added to something you're likely already using so its not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

See Tesco UK are advertising litre bottles of spirits on offer at 15 sterling. Waiting for the price to drop here.

L1011 wrote: »
    Yes. They only appear on the statement with the mailing, and not online on the Clubcard portal as far as I can tell. I signed up a while ago and got a fair few surveys so 350 came through on last week's mailing and I had another 100 pending and did 75 today. You likely got the same 75 and a 100 signup bonus.

They aren't frequent but they're relatively decent reward rates compared to other surveys and get added to something you're likely already using so its not too bad.
    Thanks. I see 75 points awarded today and 100 points on 19th September, which must have been the signup bonus. One survey in two months is kind of poor.

Another thing I noticed is that you can earn clubcard points on LivingSocial purchases if you link your clubcard to your LivingSocial account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maringo wrote: »
    See Tesco UK are advertising litre bottles of spirits on offer at 15 sterling. Waiting for the price to drop here.

depends on how excise duty rates for spirits here compare with UK

depends on how excise duty rates for spirits here compare with UK

£28.22 per litre so £12.70 when VAT is added for a litre of standard vodka/gin etc and £13.54 for whiskey.

Our equivalent is €19.59 and €20.89 respectively so the likely price point on the same margins (really as loss leader) would be €22/23

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

I received an email for €15 off an online shop, I also have a €10 off a €50 spend in aldi. Can I use the aldi voucher online and can I combine the 2 does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

In clarehall Tesco star wars 12" figures 50% off picked up 3 for €30 normal price €20 each

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭crayon80

now online wrote: »
    I received an email for €15 off an online shop, I also have a €10 off a €50 spend in aldi. Can I use the aldi voucher online and can I combine the 2 does anyone know?

I'd say not really but you could chance it anyway. I think they take the spend and save vouchers if you give to the driver, can't enter it online.

How much do you need to spend to get the €15 off? If you order enough so that taking off the €15 still leaves a balance of €50+ it might work?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

crayon80 wrote: »
    I'd say not really but you could chance it anyway. I think they take the spend and save vouchers if you give to the driver, can't enter it online.

How much do you need to spend to get the €15 off? If you order enough so that taking off the €15 still leaves a balance of €50+ it might

€15 off a €60 spend, think ill have a look at the website and see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dotcomedy

now online wrote: »

Yes you can, As long as you spend over the 50 on you final checkout price.

We (drivers) have been told to accept the vouchers as long as they are genuine(not copy's), come from our main competitors and you do the minimum spend on them. It would also be wise to chase it up with a call to CS.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dotcomedy wrote: »
    Yes you can, As long as you spend over the 50 on you final checkout price.

We (drivers) have been told to accept the vouchers as long as they are genuine(not copy's), come from our main competitors and you do the minimum spend on them. It would also be wise to chase it up with a call to CS.

Do you mean that after the e-coupon has been subtracted, the balance must still be over €50 (or whatever the amount on the spend and save voucher)?

Or is it simply that your shopping must have come to over €50 before the e-coupon was subtracted?

Thanks for clarifying this!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dotcomedy

As far as I was told , it was the final checkout amount. Its the same when we hand out petrol vouchers for 5c and 10c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I can't see this online at the moment,

The Crazy Price deals this week include
    18 cans of Seven Up, Club Orange (and possibly Pepsi ) 2 for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

CH3OH wrote: »
    I can't see this online at the moment,

The Crazy Price deals this week include
    18 cans of Seven Up, Club Orange (and possibly Pepsi ) 2 for €10

Just about to post this. Packs are €10.99 each when bought seperately!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Folks, I have a €6 off a €40 spend voucher.
    Any suggestions on how I can maximise the value in that discount??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Folks, I have a €6 off a €40 spend voucher.
    Any suggestions on how I can maximise the value in that discount??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement