Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deaf Baby's Reaction To Cochlear Implant

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mysticvean

mars bar wrote: »
    @Mysticvean. I hope you intend on making yourself comfy over on the Hearing and Deafness forum when it opens in the Soc section. It has been approved and all, just waiting for it to be opened properly.

If I have some things to say, I will indeed 'make myself comfy'. ;)

Interesting that the title of this forum is 'hearing and deafness'. Well, I'll wait and post in the appropriate thread. (Briefly, some would rather use the term Deafhood, as opposed to deafness.)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mysticvean

shaydy wrote: »
    That's a very interesting point, do you know what was different about the second implant that worked for her? Perhaps the hearing nerve on the other side was more responsive?

I don't know what the difference is this time. I'll ask her the next time I see her.
    Very interesting thread and your posts are a great read in giving a balanced view
    thank you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

As a newish dad, that is one of the best videos I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mysticvean wrote: »
    If I have some things to say, I will indeed 'make myself comfy'. ;)

Interesting that the title of this forum is 'hearing and deafness'. Well, I'll wait and post in the appropriate thread. (Briefly, some would rather use the term Deafhood, as opposed to deafness.)

Haha!

I've never heard of the term Deafhood until you mentioned it to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had an implant put in 8 weeks ago called The Esteem Implant by Envoy Medical. I was born deaf and have worn hearing aids from the age of 2, but hearing aids only help so much. I have gotten by this long in life by reading lips. This was taken as they were activating the implant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Beautiful.. Nearly cried :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

So nice to watch a moment of pure joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Great video Biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

just awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

some dust or something in my eyes..great video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Amazing stuff, but christ don't we just take some things for granted.

Advertisement