Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Cooker - Half Price at Argos

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

just got the big one for 14.99 in navan, there was three on the floor when i was leaving.

thanks op, i've been dying for something like this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Thanks OP! Got one in Ashbourne today - had reserved it yesterday evening and they had 5 at that time. Really surprised at the excellent quality. Reckon it's worth trying out for that price - now just to find some good slow cooker recipies :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

reduced to 14.99 and just reserved the last one in the ilac centre.
    site says one available in Ashboure Retail Park.

the GF wanted one for ages, so thanks OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

cooked some chicken madras in mine tonight.. it's awesome

was so simple.. just dump everything in there, stir it once or twice to begin with and then walk away

came out tasting fantastic too, the sides of the bowl got a little burnt because I had it on high but it looks like it'll clean very easily.
    awesome buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

kceire wrote: »
    reduced to 14.99 and just reserved the last one in the ilac centre.
    site says one available in Ashboure Retail Park.

the GF wanted one for ages, so thanks OP.

Just reserved one in Ashbourne and said there's four left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

January wrote: »
    Just reserved one in Ashbourne and said there's four left?
    maybe they had them on display out the front and have to beep them out (so to speak) once they're not in the stores area. would be closed now, so they'd be 'beeped' back in again. maybe, i'm just guessing. :)

pretty sure someone earlier said they did a stock check online and it ws only showing one, but in store they had some out the front, so maybe that's it.

vibe666 wrote: »

pretty sure someone earlier said they did a stock check online and it ws only showing one, but in store they had some out the front, so maybe that's it.

yup, the stock check said only one left in navan but there were three of them on the shop floor.

yup, the stock check said only one left in navan but there were three of them on the shop floor.
    aha, thats what i thought. :)

got mine home and out of the box anyway and its great. it's actually got a tiny chip on the outside, but it's nothing that'll stop it working, or cause any harm so i'm not bothered. they're going like hotcakes anyway doesn't sound like they'd be able to swap it out even if i did take it back. for €14.99 i'm not complaining anyway, i'm delighted. :)

vibe666 wrote: »
    aha, thats what i thought. :)

got mine home and out of the box anyway and its great. it's actually got a tiny chip on the outside, but it's nothing that'll stop it working, or cause any harm so i'm not bothered. they're going like hotcakes anyway doesn't sound like they'd be able to swap it out even if i did take it back. for €14.99 i'm not complaining anyway, i'm delighted. :)

i can't wait to use it! brilliant bargain, i'm becoming addicted to bargain alerts at this stage, the amount i've taken advantage of is unreal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Oh thanks for that! I'm expecting my first baby any day now and I've been meaning to get one of these for cooking dinners during those initial chaotic baby months.

Was looking at one in currys for over €40 a couple of weeks ago. Reserved one in Liffey valley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

MadamX wrote: »
    Thanks OP! Got one in Ashbourne today - had reserved it yesterday evening and they had 5 at that time. Really surprised at the excellent quality. Reckon it's worth trying out for that price - now just to find some good slow cooker recipies :)

there is a very active thread on slow cookers/ recipes for them under rec, then food and drink then cooking recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

Tesco were also selling off the Crockpot brand of these slowcookers for half price, think it was around 25 or so, same as this one:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-1034.aspx

Says discontinued so I guess thats why they were being sold off, got one in the new year as we already had a cookworks one so we wanted to try the Crockpot Brand. Very happy with it too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks OP. I reserved one last night and picked it up in St. Stephens Green today. I didn't see any out on the shop floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

If you don't fancy Cookworks brand, there's a 3.5L Russel Hobbs slow cooker reduced to €25 (was €56) in Argos.

It's not in the latest catelogue in store, so note down number 423/6698 in advance if you are getting it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4236698/Trail/searchtext%3ESLOW+COOKER.htm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Four out on the floor in Stephens Green earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭magicray

I bought one while ago and have to say its fantastic, well worth every cent !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thanks OP.
    Picked one up last Saturday, was reduced down further to €14.99 :D

Thanks OP.
    Picked one up last Saturday, was reduced down further to €14.99 :D
    i think most people got them for €14.99 ion the end, they were marked right down to that in Argos within one or two posts of the OP starting the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

for me to post was in the square today in tescos and they had this one for 20euros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tony wrote: »
    I got one at the 20+ pice but still a bargain. Did a stew on the weekend and the meat was really tender. Its a must have for single guys :)

Does this steam up the kitchen like when boiling a stew in a pot (assuming no extraction fan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I got one a few weeks ago for the €14.99, no it doesn't steam up kitchen, just keeps the food at a just boiling temp. Stews have come out lovely, also did some chicken satay, a curry and several casseroles. YUM
    They are huge though, we get 3 dinners from it.

Advertisement