Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want a bunch of young girls to take up farming? Here is how.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd love to be a farmer. But I'd be terrible. Cows are friends, not food. My farm would be more of an animal sanctuary than a business. And for that reason, I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

in agriculture in wit myself at the moment, so between waterford and kildalton... some of it can be fairly boring at times but still much rather it to the course i previously did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    in agriculture in wit myself at the moment, so between waterford and kildalton... some of it can be fairly boring at times but still much rather it to the course i previously did

I'm looking into transferring into the same kinda course in Dundalk next year, what do you find boring about it?? Would you find it hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

micraX wrote: »
    Lot of farming in Dublin. There is a dairy heard in castleknock. Im thinking about studying ag next year, im more into the tillage/horticulture end of things anyone have any experience with these courses at home or abroad?

Was talking to him recently sound lad
    The horticulture course in ucd is based around flowers afaik.
    There's airfield in dundrum(more of a pet farm) and I know lads that made hay in the mental home in dundrum this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

C0N0R wrote: »
    I'm looking into transferring into the same kinda course in Dundalk next year, what do you find boring about it?? Would you find it hard?

theres a fair few do that and end up down in ucd for more learning, but if ya can find one of em and sound out if its for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

C0N0R wrote: »

well some of it is more dragged out rather than boring, dont know how many hours weve spent on fertiliser spreaders, spent 2 hours on knapsack sprayers recently aswell... still early days in the course yet only started the course this year myself, as far as im aware from after christmas we'll be moving passed the basics..

i dont find any of it to difficult, once you attend the classes and pay some bit of attention in them, i dont think there should be any bother with what we've done this semester anyway.

i think there could be an option to transfer from the level 5 or 6 straight into the 2nd year of the course if you wanted, rather than starting from first year

Advertisement