Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At a certain age do people just "Settle" for someone?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Abitar wrote: »
    Ah don't get me wrong... it was great in the beginning. But Tar changed quickly, and life became boring and repeatitive after not too long. Anal every night :rolleyes:
    Ahh bless. Size issues are sensitive for guys. :D

OP? Yep. A lot do. Both genders.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

So that's why KY jelly sales shot up :eek:

I read that as KY Jelly Shots. :confused:
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Piste wrote:
    This is the main reason the thought of taking out a Mortgage with someone sends shivers of dread down my spine.
    <----Committmentphobe

Are you not only like 18? :confused: That'd be one reason why big committments such as mortgage/kids/marriage would send shivers down your spine. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

cafecolour wrote: »
    Some folks so desperately want the house, kids, and such that all that's more important than who they get it with.

Some folks do just settle out of fear or loneliness.

Some people will settle with who comes along first ,with the expectations of getting the house ,kids

Some will get to a certain age it might be 27 ,with some 37 ,others much older and if not in a relationship begin to panic a bit so in absense of mr/mrs right will settle for somebody .... anybody to fill the vacum rather than the fear of living their lives alone.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I'd rather die alone than be with someone who was a heartless bitch.

Never settle when it comes to personality.

Some people say life's too short, I say it can be too fucking long in the wrong company.

Amen -How many people utter those sentiments
    Abitar wrote: »
    Right on the money as usual Pete. If you're gonna be around someone for the long haul, it needs to be someone that you can have the laughs with.

I tried the marraige thing with the wrong person, and fuck me was I miserable. I was with him a while, and in hindsight I went through with it because I figured thats just what you do after a while isn't? Well guess what.. no it isn't.... =/

Must be quite of people who are in this situation ,thinking this is it , '' you made your bed now lay in it ' 'excepting it as the norm but really feel suffocated and cant or are afraid to make that break away .

I guess the older you are and longer and more commited you are into the marriage with the kids etc ,it must be harder to make the break even though that's what you really want .I have a relative who after 30 years of marriage recently got divorced but could so easly have done so 15 years earlier .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Bonito wrote: »
    Are you not only like 18? :confused: That'd be one reason why big committments such as mortgage/kids/marriage would send shivers down your spine. :pac:

I'm 19, committment of any kind freaks me out. I wouldn't even buy a billpay phone because of the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

Some people settle, because they think thats the best they're going to get.

Some people love somebody so much that it would break their own heart to see them hurt or upset. Sometimes it's just easier to not say anything because you want to keep the emotional pain to a minimal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Piste wrote: »
    I'm 19, committment of any kind freaks me out. I wouldn't even buy a billpay phone because of the contract.
    Ooooo you're like me! Pay as you go FTW.

/tips hooker. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

bronte wrote: »
    I read that as KY Jelly Shots. :confused:
    :eek:

You can get lube in little plastic bubble containers for your pocket.
    Bonito wrote: »
    /tips hooker. :pac:

Stop tipping them!!

You're ruining it for the rest of us :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

gbee wrote: »

<snip>
    32 years married to the same woman myself, for the first twenty years I was in love with a new woman each week ... I never did anything about it though, I throw that in as I believe all men would have the same feelings.

Speak for yourself please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

What is to settle? To make a commitment to one person??

Reality check: every married couple & long term couple have settled.

Considering that no one is perfect - if you're holding out for some Hollywood romance/teenage infatuation good luck with that.
    Don't hold your breath too long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement