Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville Castle Investigation - 3rd June 2006

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

6th wrote:
    Actually i'm not sure how easy it would be to have a Greet&Grub™ this time around with it being 2 weeks away. I know i'm stuck for time and 4 of the 10 people going are from outside dublin.

You may have to consider giving that a miss then, unless you want to meet up with the Dublin people only? A shame with regards to not being able to meet those outside of Dublin, but things like that do happen...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I cant get to a G&G cos Im on my holliers...:D But myself and Mr KK are lookin forward to meeting you all on the 3rd.

Shame I Can't go on this investigation, but I hope you lot have a good time and all at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hi guys, I know this is very old but Im bumping it as an example of an open investigation that was organised through here in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

Thanks for that Riamfada. Did you go an that investigation? Do you know if the same people ever went out on an investigation after this (acknowledging that they could have outside boards.ie)?

So this organisation of an event has worked before. That is good to see …. JBG

• Advertisement

To be honest, if I recall correctly there was some overlap between who went on previous investigations and who went to future ones. That said however, I think that a few got tired of going to the same place over and over, so stopped going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

Thanks StormKeeper. Seems worthwhile to start it up again but 'mix-it-up' little wherever possible. Not necessarily same place but that is up to everyone to decide.
    Will try set up next meet for Friday 18 Dublin City centre and see if anyone else wants to come etc. thanks again. JBG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Storekeeper, are you around for an investigation. Would be good to see you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Im just putting it out there that there's an event in Carlow Shopping Centre with Barry Fitz next Halloween. I have details should anyone want them.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This thread makes me feel very old.

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    Storekeeper, are you around for an investigation. Would be good to see you again!

I'm afraid I won't be able to do any investigations for the foreseeable future as I'm unable to get over. It'd be great to see you again as well though! What I might do though is try to arrange an investigation around when I can make it over, or at the very least, I'll try to come over and we can arrange a Greet n Grub or something like that.

I do envisage that any investigations that I start doing now will likely have an influence from both the course I did ages ago but also my experiences of doing security work, such as using call signs and generally a slightly more coordinated/organised system, though I'm not sure of specifics as of yet.

Oryx wrote: »
    This thread makes me feel very old.

I hear you there mate.... This thread has almost been around for as long as I've hopped over to next door!

Advertisement