Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Well done The Arsenal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Who gives a crap about the fact that there were two penalties?

Personally, I'm surprised the officials gave us two correct spot kicks but it's about fcuking time they got it right for a change. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Another rollercoaster game today. Ohh to be a gooner :p

Hopefully, this result will buy monsieur Wenger another few days grace on here :rolleyes: and keep the Wenger out brigade quiet till next week at least..

Great turnaround from the team today. Show's what they're capable of when they've got a rocket up the arse.. Thought Oxo wasn't as good as last weekend, but still 10 times more effective than Arshavin would have been. Says alot really.. Ramsey has had his critics in the last few weeks, but to be fair. I thought he bossed the midfield today. (second half anyway)
    Still tho, regardles of how good we were second half, it took 2 RvP goals (spotters at that) and an extremely lucky goal from Walcott to get us the win. But with a couple of key players returning at the right time, this result might be the shot in the arm to get us climbing up the table again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Good Fight in the second half but my god we need to cut out the inability to wake up until we go behind. This two weeks in a row we have played shocking in the first half and come out blazing in the second. Walcott did well in the second half even i as one of his critics would admit that...and also i hope we start to see lots more of Oxo, i love the way he runs at defenders and causes panic/create's chances. Onto Bolton we go come on Arsenal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,222 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    yes, I wonder what the result would have been if we'd started with 10 men.;)

4--2 I reckon :D
    By the way did you notice the way he celebrated after taking the wrong option and then had the ball bounce off him into the net /
    We will take it though.

Seemingly positive Wilshire update.
    Wenger wrote:
    I spoke to Jack today. We have no real news yet. The first news we have had is better than expected. He is not in a boot, but I don't know more. His morale looks quite good and I hope it will only be a short setback.There will be more tests this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

4--2 I reckon :D
    By the way did you notice the way he celebrated after taking the wrong option and then had the ball bounce off him into the net /
    We will take it though.
    I noticed that too. Quite a celebration for a fluke goal! It'll be great if his goal celebrations are the only thing we critisize him for from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hazard confirms he is going to England in the summer, prob to Chelsea but we can
    still hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hazard confirms he is going to England in the summer, prob to Chelsea but we can
    still hope

Yeh I'm going to live in hope that its Arsenal. I'm just picturing a front 3 of Hazard, ox and Van Persie with Wilshere in midfield for support that's an attacking force that would scare the be jasus out of most teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Does anyone think Arsenal will spend the fee and wages on Hazard?

I think he'll end up in Manchester or Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

amiable wrote: »

Hope springs eternal.

I think he'll end up in Manchester or Madrid

More than likely not but it doesn't mean we can't dream or hope ;)
    Don't think it will be Madrid though he just done a interview were he confirmed hell be moving to Epl in the summer but wouldnt say which club.

Hope springs eternal.

So you think there's a chance arsenal will spend over 30 million on one player and over 120k per week in wages?

Maybe if there is a change at the top of the club but IMO the present structure I doubt it.

More than likely not but it doesn't mean we can't dream or hope ;)
    Don't think it will be Madrid though he just done a interview were he confirmed HEll be moving to Epl in the summer but wouldnt say which club.

I saw the reports about that interview.

He gave another interview before where suggested he wanted to play in Spain so who knows.

Real usually get their man when they want him

I saw the reports about that interview.

He gave another interview before where suggested he wanted to play in Spain so who knows.

Real usually get their man when they want him

He's certainly a dab hand at self-promotion

So you think there's a chance arsenal will spend over 30 million on one player and over 120k per week in wages?

Maybe if there is a change at the top of the club but IMO the present structure I doubt it.

It would certainly take a change of heart by the board. He's the sort of player a team can be built around and if they realise this it could encourage them to break their usual parsimony.

Arsenal need 2-3 real quality creative players in the squad.

As pants ****tingly awesome as it would be if we signed Hazard. I could never see it happening. I can't see Wenger spending over 30 mill in total this summer. And thats in all area's that need strenght-ning. Plus Wenger likes the ego boost of buying an unknown, and turning them into world beaters :pac:

If Hazard is coming to the EPL in the summer, my money is on Chelsea. They are on a "spending big on youth buzz" at the moment, and would have no problem dropping that level of dosh..

Dercola wrote: »
    As pants ****tingly awesome as it would be if we signed Hazard. I could never see it happening. I can't see Wenger spending over 30 mill in total this summer. And thats in all area's that need strenght-ning. Plus Wenger likes the ego boost of buying an unknown, and turning them into world beaters :pac:

If Hazard is coming to the EPL in the summer, my money is on Chelsea. They are on a "spending big on youth buzz" at the moment, and would have no problem dropping that level of dosh..

I'd say that whatever Chelsea are willing to pay, City will pay more.

I think the penny's dropped with them that Nasri is only really good centrally so he's most effective in their squad as cover for Silva. The still need really creative wide players.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I'd say that whatever Chelsea are willing to pay, City will pay more.

I think the penny's dropped with them that Nasri is only really good centrally so he's most effective in their squad as cover for Silva. The still need really creative wide players.

The thing is Hazard has said he wants to go somewhere he plays regularly.

I can see Man united coming in for him

The thing is Hazard has said he wants to go somewhere he plays regularly.

I can see Man united coming in for him
    I cant. United have really slowed down the spending and like us, are looking to the youth team instead. They have been crying out for a midfielder for a few years now but havent been prepared to pay over the odds for anyone. The majority of players now are overpriced and I dont think United are prepared to play that game anymore. They might make an offer alright, but City and Chelsea will blow them out of the water as soon as they do.

If he is dead set on England, it's a two horse race between Chelsea and City. If City win the League and Chelsea dont get fourth, it's a one horse race. Chelsea need him more, but City would be able to offer more, not just in terms of money.

Blue, maybe white (Madrid) for him next season imo.

I will admit, I've only seen the odd few clips of him on youtube and all that. But Is he really that good in the middle? I was always under the impression that he's a winger who can play inside..

I can see both the manc clubs fighting it out for Sneijder during the summer.. In my opinion our only chance of landing Hazard is if the deal is done & dusted before the Euro's...
    Still think he'll end up at Chelski tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Massive risk spending 30 mill for Hazard imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Massive risk spending 30 mill for Hazard imo.

Have more confidence in your ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Not sure why United would be going after Hazard really as they have plenty of the dynamic dribbler types on their books. Unless they were looking to cash in on Nani but the liklihood is they'd pay just as much for Hazard. Citeh maybe, Chelsea I dunno about, I would have thought there'd be more smoke from their end if there was interest.

Long before the Hazard rumours began in earnest (long before he became a well known name in England really) Hazard has gone on the record of his admiration of Arsenal (at one point he said ourselves and Real are the only two clubs he wanted to move to whenever he did leave France). I personally would love to see him replace Arshavin, I reckon if we finish the season strongly we'd have a reasonable chance of being able to land him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hazard will sign for Arsenal in the summer.

or united, city, spurs, chelsea, liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

We don't do blockbuster signings and we're not about to start. You can cross Hazard off the list as he is in that category.

We've been a club who've bought promising players and turned them into world class players and that's where we need to go back to. Forget buying shelling out obscene amounts on youngsters like Ramsey and Walcott; start looking at players who have flown under the radar of the big clubs for whatever reason - Enrique when at Newcastle, Cabaye when at Lille and Ba when at TSG.

cson wrote: »
    We don't do blockbuster signings and we're not about to start. You can cross Hazard off the list as he is in that category.

We've been a club who've bought promising players and turned them into world class players and that's where we need to go back to. Forget buying shelling out obscene amounts on youngsters like Ramsey and Walcott; start looking at players who have flown under the radar of the big clubs for whatever reason - Enrique when at Newcastle, Cabaye when at Lille and Ba when at TSG.

Bergkamp

God I feel old...

Arshav.... oh wait... :pac:

Robert Pires if memory serves me right he was a bit of a blockbuster drawn out transfer to Arsenal i which we won a battle with Real Madrid.

• Advertisement

Reading this morning will try get link up later that hazard will sign for Chelsea massive signing on fee he will get,they just splashed to much cash was the same with mata we can't compete

Sanga back last night, Gibbs rejoins full training today, and Jenkinson is running with no pain so he is allowed up his training
    We might actually see two proper full backs for the first time in 88 days
    I'm a little excited about the ox and Gibbs/santos on thd same wing be excellent going forward

Can't stress enough how much i'd love to win the FA cup this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Redzer7 wrote: »

I'd rather be a serious title contender than an FA cup winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Quazzie wrote: »

No point wishing for the impossible at this stage, FA Cup is our best chance!

We're not likely to be that this year if we're being realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

L'prof wrote: »
    We're not likely to be that this year if we're being realistic.

Unfortunately its just a pipe dream at the moment, but when ya hear the commentator talk about a long ball with Henry running onto it, it does bring back good memories :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

L'prof wrote: »

Exactly. Did anyone see those interviews with arsenal fans before the match on espn? There was a little kid about 8 or 9 saying i just wanna see them win something anything. Its mad thinking that all those kids can't even remember arsenal winning anything. I remember like it was yesterday, man it made me feel old, and Im not old! Far from it!

Unfortunately its just a pipe dream at the moment, but when ya hear the commentator talk about a long ball with Henry running onto it, it does bring back good memories :o
    Those were the day's :( :pac:
    Noo wrote: »
    Exactly. Did anyone see those interviews with arsenal fans before the match on espn? There was a little kid about 8 or 9 saying i just wanna see them win something anything. Its mad thinking that all those kids can't even remember arsenal winning anything. I remember like it was yesterday, man it made me feel old, and Im not old! Far from it!

Yeah I seen him, I'm only 18 so i've been through mainly good times, last few years have been hard though I must admit :pac:.

Even thinking back to the League Cup final if we had won that things might have been much different now, granted it's only the League Cup but I feel that would have spured us on to win more trophies, hopefully it happens this year if we win the FA cup. Might restore a bit of belief back into the lads!

I'm 26 now, and have been a gooner for the last 20 years. I can sure as hell remember those good ol days :D The Viera's, Petit's and Gilberto's, feeding the likes of Bobby, Freddie, Overmars and so on.. Those were great times to be a gooner!!
    But I can also remember some bad times since bfore then. When things were alot darker than what they are now!!

Thats why I feel its no harm to try and look on the bright side of things at the mo.. Some big players returning, the emergence of some quality youngsters ala Oxo & Coq and so on..

Even tho we are probably only the 3rd or 4th best team left in the FA cup. (underdogs ;)) I still think we're in with a great shout. Wenger used really love this competition, and had a great record until recently. If we were to lift it, and land a quality creative player in the summer. Who knows here we could end up going??

Always keep the faith lads :p

• Advertisement

Thomas eisfeld anyone???

Thomas eisfeld anyone???

Even google not helping on this one, bit of an unknown. From the little bit of information I can gather hes an attacking midfielder of some sort :o. Any word on the transfer fee?

Even google not helping on this one, bit of an unknown.
    Sounds a lot like Amaury Bischoff from a few years ago. Pretty much nothing was known about him and I think he only made three or four sub appearances before being released.

Hopefully this isnt the same, especially if it costs money. At least Bischoff was a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/eisfeld/profil/spieler_86643.html

Check out his injury record. He's perfect.

Its amazing the club has young kids who have never seen the club win anything. They missed out on seeing some incredible players.

Good to hear RVP will face no action for the elbow in the dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Dercola wrote: »
    I'm 26 now, and have been a gooner for the last 20 years. I can sure as hell remember those good ol days :D The Viera's, Petit's and Gilberto's, feeding the likes of Bobby, Freddie, Overmars and so on.. Those were great times to be a gooner!!
    But I can also remember some bad times since bfore then. When things were alot darker than what they are now!!

Thats why I feel its no harm to try and look on the bright side of things at the mo.. Some big players returning, the emergence of some quality youngsters ala Oxo & Coq and so on..

Even tho we are probably only the 3rd or 4th best team left in the FA cup. (underdogs ;)) I still think we're in with a great shout. Wenger used really love this competition, and had a great record until recently. If we were to lift it, and land a quality creative player in the summer. Who knows here we could end up going??

Always keep the faith lads :p

I can see your point but even if we win the fa cup this season if we dont qualify for the CL next season then it will be a disaster for us IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Ever. Or anyone like him.
    I'd say its young 'uns all the way from now on.
    All we're missing is two or three established proven players who know what its about and we'd be flying, they in turn, would be teaching these young lads a winning mentality etc etc.

Its so frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Miyachi to Bolton on loan. Good deal for both sides, hopefully he'll get a good few games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement