Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to deal with unwanted flirting

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

She hasn't been in this week, and I'm not working today or tomorrow so I haven't seen her since.

Thing is that its a real small place only ten of us, and a few of these are part time. I'm also only temp (this is the second time they have had me and I've been told I will be made permanent) so I reckon if I make any big deal out of it I won't be made permanent.

Although a place I applied to ages ago has rung me up and offered me a position (a permanent one!), this is a bigger and more prestigious company, I'm meeting them on monday to discuss it but if the money is ok I'll be taking it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

HansHolzel wrote: »
    Eat plenty of garlic and onions. Your breath should keep her away. It's an old Robert Mitchum stunt.

i thought he is famed for enjoying the company of women

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

She hasn't been in this week, and I'm not working today or tomorrow so I haven't seen her since.

Thing is that its a real small place only ten of us, and a few of these are part time. I'm also only temp (this is the second time they have had me and I've been told I will be made permanent) so I reckon if I make any big deal out of it I won't be made permanent.

Although a place I applied to ages ago has rung me up and offered me a position (a permanent one!), this is a bigger and more prestigious company, I'm meeting them on monday to discuss it but if the money is ok I'll be taking it :)

Best of luck with the discussions on Monday OP.

Do you know if you'll be getting an exit interview? If so, it might be worth mentioning that what has been going on. You probably don't need to go into the full details but just mention the unwanted attention, the fact that you were made feel very uncomfortable and also felt that the main reasons you didn't approach anyone about it was the fact that you felt you may not have be believed and it may have threatened your future with the company.

If nothing else it may open their eyes to the situation and if the problem does arise in the future with someone else having the same problems with this individual then they may be more open to believing whoever is her new target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

i thought he is famed for enjoying the company of women

He did it to Rita Hayworth for some reason.

nobody stopped to think that maybe this lady is just having a laugh at the op's expense? Wouldn't be the first time i've seen it
    She probably has no interest in doing the no pants dance at all.
    OP is pretty young and if the workplace demographic is similar to the lady in question then its very possible that this makes for riveting conversation in the canteen!

so if the roles were reversed and the OP was a man in their 30s with a woman in their 20s, would you still have that attitude?

Advertisement