Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICE..

Options
  • 04-01-2010 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Just wondering has the river started to freeze over yet around Carrick on Shannon or what is the temps like at the moment in that area?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I doubt it. Christmas eve and the night before were colder and it didn't. The Shannon flows fairly fast through Carrick so I'd say it would want to really plummet for a few straight days for it to freeze over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭haines35

Was in dromod yesterday,harbour totally frozen over and all of lough boderg hard to believe.[IMG]http://C:\Users\conor\Desktop\New Folder (3)\carrick freeze\DSCF0791-1.JPG[/IMG]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

yep unreal normally the harbour freezes but the whole lough jayus:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

haines35 wrote: »
    Was in dromod yesterday,harbour totally frozen over and all of lough boderg hard to believe.[IMG]http://C:\Users\conor\Desktop\New Folder (3)\carrick freeze\DSCF0791-1.JPG[/IMG]

any chance of posting pic again, i not able to download it.
    i can't imagine Boderg being frozen, a bit of a contrast to boating and skiing there in July/August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tench

all the smaller rivers were frozen but are clear at the moment was fishing the shannon over the last few weeks the main river never froze
    all the lakes are still frozen might take up to a week for them to melt as theres nerley 8 inches of ice on them

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Great pics, thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Loughs, canals and harbours are more likely to freeze as the water is usually still (dependent on wind) whereas a river with a strong flow will rarely freeze (in Ireland).
    With this weather, we might be back to the flooding again soon:D:(

Advertisement