Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Thank god for Aries/Angle because until then this show was slowly sucking the life out of me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hopefully it will be worth staying up for:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/610176393276731393

It should be worth it for The final Wolves/Aries and Roode match alone (assuming it's actually on that show and it's 2/3 Falls like I guess it'll be). Magnus and Storm will probably try hard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It should be worth it for The final Wolves/Aries and Roode match alone (assuming it's actually on that show and it's 2/3 Falls like I guess it'll be). Magnus and Storm will probably try hard too.

Has EC3 vs. Angle been moved to an impact instead of Slammiversary?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Has EC3 vs. Angle been moved to an impact instead of Slammiversary?

Yup it'll be on the July 1st Impact. It's an extremely strange decision that I can somewhat understand even if I wouldn't have done it myself.

• Advertisement

Yup it'll be on the July 1st Impact. It's an extremely strange decision that I can somewhat understand even if I wouldn't have done it myself.

Meltzer thinks it is a good idea as their situation with Destination American is so dire. Having and not having the match on PPV is probably the difference between 6,000 and 8,000 PPV buys which financially is worth **** all especially relative to the loss of their TV contract.

The difference between 6,000 and 8,000 is their cut of $80,000 though and the company badly needs money. Not to mention their PPV is now a lame duck. The company needs revenue streams. The marginal benefit of putting the match on DA is negligible at best. The reason they probably did it was because the TV would spoil the result of the PPV and they wanted to avoid that (even if spoilers will still get out).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

First look at our NEW ‪#‎XDivision‬ Title for one of the best divisions in pro-wrestling. Impact Wrestling

11057631_10153190220657745_3651363316415200732_o.jpg

Gaudy looking. I really liked this belt:
    TNA_X_Division_Championship.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

How are they spending money on new championships when they're in such financial trouble?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/610854808178700289

The rules are really quite simple.

It's a reverse ladder match, so you have to climb a ladder to hang a title belt in order to win.

But in order to be eligible to hang the title belt you have to score a pinfall or submission.

If you're pinned or forced to submit, you get put in a penalty box for 2 minutes.

:D

More often than not King of the Mountain has produced a really good match. What's it going to be for though? A pointless World title match? Or a bunch of X-Division flippies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

rovert wrote: »
    Meltzer thinks it is a good idea as their situation with Destination American is so dire. Having and not having the match on PPV is probably the difference between 6,000 and 8,000 PPV buys which financially is worth **** all especially relative to the loss of their TV contract.

Aren't they doing it because they have to tape their TVs for after Slammiversary before the PPV?

Oh man, this is getting really messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The DXContinental title looks horrendous! Looks like one of those cheap indys from the 90s that would use replica WWF or WCW titles as their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Already read and enjoyed those without realising you were he. My friend who used to watch TNA still goes all dreamy eyed when I mention the Motor City Machine Guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Great stuff Machismo!. Not going out tonight , so I'll watch all of those matches!.

cian68 wrote: »
    Already read and enjoyed those without realising you were he. My friend who used to watch TNA still goes all dreamy eyed when I mention the Motor City Machine Guns.

Don't feel bad cian I recommended an article he wrote to him once! :pac:

One last plug of something I wrote, I was quite happy with how my History of TNA in 10 Matches piece turned out (and Voices of Wrestling have a bunch of other great TNA related stuff up this week):
    http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/06/19/a-history-of-tna-wrestling-in-ten-matches/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Some great matches there alright!

Actively hated IMPACT this week outside of the first segment. There's lots of bad news stories going around about their future, IMPACT being dropped from Australia and Gunner leaving but I have to give them credit for quietly (until it was discovered today) putting on a show for Cancer patients recently:

TeW6bt0.jpg
    Pu2eqLG.jpg

They saddled the poor guy with a woeful gimmick that stripped him of his USP, he's actually really athletic.

Any idea where he's headed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Any idea where he's headed to?

Dole queue. Heard Gunners on WWEs radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They saddled the poor guy with a woeful gimmick that stripped him of his USP, he's actually really athletic.

Ah it was a good gimmick which he could of portatying well at the start but as it developed, the execution of his gimmick with Hemme and Anderson sandbagged him. Also losing to Anderson on every occasuion didnt help.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Samuel Shaw is gone as well. I thought he had potential.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Dole queue. Heard Gunners on WWEs radar.
    Head would be wrecked trying to queue for the dole in the United States Of America!

• Advertisement

Wrestlezone (yeah I know):
    Exclusive: Numerous TNA Wrestlers Concerned Company is About to Hold its Final Impact Wrestling TV Tapings, Late Pay Trend Continues in TNA, More

WZ has learned from TNA sources and wrestlers that many talents, some veterans, are fearing the company is approaching its final television taping dates.

It was previously reported TNA would be filming from July 22-29 in Orlando for television. An email from TNA officials sent to talents reveals two weeks worth of television will be filmed on many of the July dates.

This, along with the upcoming content filmed this week heading into Slammiversary, would generate enough first-run content to take TNA Impact Wrestling into September. This is the same month Destination America can activate a contract clause ceasing their agreement with TNA Wrestling. Ever since signing Ring of Honor was added to Destination America, the subject of the network dropping TNA has become a hot topic scenario from people both in and out of the company.

On top of the unusual amount of filming being done at the end of July, comes the problems with payment, communication and treatment.

Previously, talents were once again not paid when expected. This past Friday, an internal email was sent out promising late payments would be sent via FedEx overnight. This did happen, but is not the first time the roster has dealt with this.

The mass quantity of July dates have talents worried they won’t get paid for at least a month following the tapings, which is considered unacceptable considering the company has far fewer expenses now that they aren’t touring much anymore. The add-on of a week of dates also forced many talents to cancel previously scheduled independent bookings in which they would be paid in advance or on the night of.

As far as communication goes, emails sent to talents remain optimistic and claim the upcoming television dates are for domestic and international television. However, per our sources, many fear the writing is on the wall in regards to how much life is left in the TNA brand. It’s believed if the brand does get booted from Destination America, that they are damaged goods having left two networks in less than year, and don’t hold much hope for being picked up for a new television distribution deal.

Advertisement