Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The YooToob thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nice to see George Dalton appearing in a video :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Will the N47 be BMW's Downfall.........??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Utter twats, hope they go away for a long time.

Here's the incident from another point of view

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/april272014/alexander-lien-tk.php

Tbh when I watched the video initially I thought the Range Rover driver was off his head and I understood the bikers anger. The first guy that was run over was paralyzed.(not that anyone could tell that from the video).

No one could condone the attack on the driver at the end. Or frightening his family.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

nd wrote: »
    Here's the incident from another point of view

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/april272014/alexander-lien-tk.php

Tbh when I watched the video initially I thought the Range Rover driver was off his head and I understood the bikers anger. The first guy that was run over was paralyzed.(not that anyone could tell that from the video).

No one could condone the attack on the driver at the end. Or frightening his family.

That article. Wow. Just wow. Fcuk me.
    A closer examination of the video, shows that the brake light on the motorcycle never appeared

Bollocks
    The entire criminal case against the arrested motorcycle riders is based around Lien's claim that he was "scared" for his wife and small child, who were never targeted or harmed. In the end, Lien was ultimately stopped from fleeing the scene of several hit and run accidents. The last time Lien stopped, cyclists used their helmets to smash his window.

"Brave bikers stop evil hit and run monster". Utter bollocks.
    It is established that he and his wife had been out celebrating their anniversary, which leads the documentary narrator to logically speculate that Lien may have been under the influence of alcohol, which would possibly explain his lack of driving patience and aggressive behavior -- running down several cyclists.

Gutter journalism of the worst kind. translates as "I have nothing to make Mr Lien look bad, so I will just say that he was drunk, based on absolutely nothing whatso-fcuking-ever"
    Piece of sh*t of an article, reprehensible and just wrong.

i agree alot of it is nonsense

The entire criminal case against the arrested motorcycle riders is based around Lien's claim that he was "scared" for his wife and small child, who were never targeted or harmed. In the end, Lien was ultimately stopped from fleeing the scene of several hit and run accidents. The last time Lien stopped, cyclists used their helmets to smash his window.
    "Brave bikers stop evil hit and run monster". Utter bollocks.

But imo they initially rode after him just to stop him, as he had run over one of them and their motorcycles.

I wouldn't assume that because they are motorcyclists that they intended him harm.

i agree alot of it is nonsense

But imo they initially rode after him just to stop him, as he had run over one of them and their motorcycles.

I wouldn't assume that because they are motorcyclists that they intended him harm.

It does seem that there was an incident before the camera starts rolling on the youtube clip.
    What we see in the video is a biker forcing him to stop and then a mob forming around his car. I'm pretty sure they did not want a friendly chat with Mr Lien, you don't have a crowd like that around your car and it's all smiles and sunshine.
    No matter what happened before, the bikers didn't give him much of a choice and if I had wife and child in the car, I might have done the same (well hopefully I wouldn't have done anything to tick the bikers off in the first place).
    But this is 'Murica, where the equivalent of "erm, excuse me" is "Hey Asshole!", it's just a more violent society and people seem to think "I'll beat the sh*t out of you, that'll show you whose right!". Somehow I can't picture this happening here, at least not to the extend as this kind of thing happens over there.

thoughts on this?

Sounds almost plausible, but I would try it with a banger first. Unless this is the new "microwave your iPhone" hoax and the resulting steam will blow your engine apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

It's not the first time I've heard it.

Makes sense. Too much water will hydrolock it, but a fine mist will vapourise pretty effectively under compression, from heat and the detonation of petrol. And that'll clean the carbon nicely.

Would be more worried about the MAF, tbh. That's going to be running awfully lean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

"I wouldn't advise you to do this with a hose" lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Mikko Hirvonen announced that he will retire after Wales Rally GB. He made a little video.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hats off to that guy and the shear amount of effort involved, it's an absolutely flawless job, but a poxy mazda 6? I'd have left it in that ditch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hal1 wrote: »
    Hats off to that guy and the shear amount of effort involved, it's an absolutely flawless job, but a poxy mazda 6? I'd have left it in that ditch.

Mazda 3;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Didn't even realise a panel beater would have that many 'apparatuses'. I thought he just had a lump hammer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Caliden wrote: »
    Didn't even realise a panel beater would have that many 'apparatuses'. I thought he just had a lump hammer

Very talented man. Lots of gear and the knowledge to use it. Over here they would fit a new door skin and quarter panel (prob be cheaper). All that work for a poxy Mazda 3:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

thoughts on this?

[/Q

hes not wearing his seat bel t:)

hoodrats wrote: »
    thoughts on this?

hes not wearing his seat bel t:)

Post 3408 /\

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Tell me you lads are joking :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

LOOK! Video!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

For gods sake such a load of horse****!

The need for the revs to be at 2-3k is obvious, the compression is getting so high that if it were at idle it would be fit to stall the engine.
    At that rev it doesn't get a chance, just builds mental compression.

Anyone that does this to a perfectly running car and thinks it will do anything needs to be checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Nürburgring Nordschleife Onboard 1979:

I've never seen people having such fun with cars looks like so much fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Holy cow! Are there less radical methods? Not as much fun, I'd imagine...

YbFocus wrote: »
    For gods sake such a load of horse****!

The need for the revs to be at 2-3k is obvious, the compression is getting so high that if it were at idle it would be fit to stall the engine.
    At that rev it doesn't get a chance, just builds mental compression.

Anyone that does this to a perfectly running car and thinks it will do anything needs to be checked.

he's not the only one to do it.

Decarbonizing Your Engine With Water -EricTheCarGuy

• Advertisement

Oh i know Nd, just i can't see how taking a miniscule amount of soot of the top of the pistons (we're talking tiny amounts) and he gets into the car and says "so much nicer to drive and way punchier" etc

rizzodun wrote: »
    LOOK! Video!

That kind of video makes me want a SuMo.

I see he has the limited edition Mission Impossible version of that bike too.

Dartz wrote: »
    Cleaning out carbon..

]

Holy cr@p. How is the intake manifold so clogged? Surely that's the exhaust?

Edit: He mentions the EGR too, so yeah, it is.

Pique wrote: »
    That kind of video makes me want a SuMo.

I see he has the limited edition Mission Impossible version of that bike too.

Lol, the changing tires? Kinda ruins the flow but understandable at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Couple of dashcam vids from me.

Hate this on the M50, a fecker will undertake as many cars as possible in the EXIT lane, then cuts back into the left lane of the motorway across the traffic island.

11th Nov 2014.

Woman driver doesn't see a dog on the road, hits it a smack, luckily it wasn't run over and ran off afterwards. Ballyowen Road, Lucan, 7th Nov 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ooo ooh ufff?

Couple of dashcam vids from me.Hate this on the M50, a fecker will undertake as many cars as possible in the EXIT lane, then cuts back into the left lane of the motorway across the traffic island.

No point in blasting like a lunatic either. I really don't mean any offence when I say this but its the dashcam rules of the road crowd that are more likely to get into a road rage type "incident" than the average Joe who Chillaxes and doesn't lose the rag at small situations he comes across like this.

Its that kind of sh*t that creates more trouble than its worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Jesus. wrote: »
    No point in blasting like a lunatic either.

No point in acting as their apologist either, belittling their dangerous driving as a "small situation". What do they say, all it takes for evil to prevail is that people do nothing.

What do they say, all it takes for evil to prevail is that people do nothing.

Christ. You're taking things like that even more seriously than I thought

• Advertisement

Lads, while I appreciate the contribution to the forum and don't mean to insult anyone (and certainly not trying to back seat mod) but dashcam vids and discussion might be better suited to the 'Dashcams save your ads' thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

rizzodun wrote: »
    Lads, while I appreciate the contribution to the forum and don't mean to insult anyone (and certainly not trying to back seat mod) but dashcam vids and discussion might be better suited to the 'Dashcams save your ads' thread?

Exactly take your dash cam do gooder nonsense and post it in the dash cam thread, i come into the 'youtube' thread to see rare,loud,fast,exciting car related videos. Not some curtain puller getting his knickers in a twist over mundane examples of bad driving* :D

* i didn't even watch them so the may be actually shocking examples altogether :)

probably posted before, sry if so.

That video reminds me of this one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

12 mins long make yourself a cuppa before you watch this.
    This is some mad fecker, how he finds the gaps is amazing , don't know the back story.

But I doubt it's his own V8 M3.

Yet for all his crazy antics he seems to stop for red lights !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

What an eejit. ^^^^^^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Is this how they re-thread the tires these days:eek:

I don't know if it was ever done in Ireland but back in Central / East Europe rethreading was quite popular. Never had a chance to see how it is done, though.

Advertisement