Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should the Board of CRC resign for the good of the CRC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

rodento wrote: »
    That I can't answer but would have like him to talk before he walked, just hope it doesn't take the spotlight off the hospitals, trusts etc

Agreed , but at least with this specific board starting to resign, hopefully the money will now go to sick kids and adults. And hopefully they can start to repair the damage.

Shame on them .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

raymon wrote: »
    Agreed , but at least with this specific board starting to resign, hopefully the money will now go to sick kids and adults. And hopefully they can start to repair the damage.

Shame on them .
    Don't hold your breathe.

New CEO Nugent...Mahon Tribunal...£2500 donation to Bertie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭grainnewhale

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Indeed that could be the case, but it's the gullible public donor that is kept in the dark, thinking his/her donation is going to help the centre. Not acceptable.
    Are F.G and LAB not overtaxing the gullible public and overpaying themselves and their cronies. At least people have the option not to give to charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

I rather think charity donations are going to take a nose dive, yes the vulnerable will suffer.
    However if charity money has been used for non charitable events then surely we havwe another case of fraud on our hands.
    However there are stories abound that suggest charity money is diverted before it gets near the charity.
    I will only now support our local charites, so what news about charity shops whilst we are on the subject?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

What I don't get is why Brian Conlon resigned, so quickly or at all.

I mean he is only in the job since the Summer. Could he not have said that he was not aware of what was going on in his short time there but he will clean up the CRC, etc, etc, etc.

Must have been a terrible honeymoon for him in America knowing that all this was breaking back home and he had to come back to it. His poor new wife. How will she be able to face her colleagues when she returns to work in the Mater Hospital knowing that her fellow Mater colleagues have heard her husbands name being dragged through the media over the past few weeks and he being their former CEO.

The only question I have about Brian Conlons activities is in relation to his Mater top up as reported recently in the Irish Indo. The article states that he received a top up of €25,625 in "respect of the hospitals development programme". Should this not have been taken off him as part of this programme was the relocation of Temple Street Childrens Hospital to the Mater site which never went ahead ?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

on the one hand i prefer to the board to remain in place so they can answer the questions as board members and be responsible, but if they don't all resign now they never will, Hamilton Goulding isn't going to let go of his mother's legacy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

According to RTE, they have, with immediate effect.

Great news , job done !

I hope they give all that money back to the sick kids and adults now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

raymon wrote: »
    Great news , job done !

I hope they give all that money back to the sick kids and adults now.

Not a chance. They will all go into Hiding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Red_Dwarf wrote: »
    Not a chance. They will all go into Hiding

Or go to their other ....cough .... Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

So all quite on the home front when the boards aren't linked to FF

rodento wrote: »
    So all quite on the home front when the boards aren't linked to FF

Not really , I think that you will find that there is a powderkeg at Vincents about to blow. No link to FF there.

The vulgarity of the CRC was that peoples charitable donations were going to fund rich peoples huge salaries and pensions. The fact that FF had fingerprints all over the place was a sub plot.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here , investigation into FFer , documents disappear.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crucial-papers-on-pension-of-crc-boss-paul-kiely-missing-29931248.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

What with Vincents are we looking at multi frauds taking place, it is not just one, we need an immediate audit on all charities, and any wrong doing should be bought before the courts.
    The people of Ireland are generous, but they do not deserve to be taken for a ride.
    Street charity sellers, what is the situation there, who gets what, you do not sit out all day for nothing, how much to the charity and how much the seller.
    Come on for the sake of those who depend on other's charity lets clean the act up.
    Without doubt we want our money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Director of elections, Nice ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Kinda related

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/chief-executive-of-st-vincents-hospital-to-step-down-30131238.html

May need its own thread but nice timing for someone to go quietly

Advertisement