Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig rates

Options
  • 04-09-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hope the mods won't mind. I posted this elsewhere but got no replies so:

I know this varies a lot but ballpark what could a good 4 piece
    tribute band expect to make a night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

Anyone?

Okay, let me re-phrase the question.

How much are venues paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Siha

Pretty much nothing as far as I know. You will have to rent venue. That is from 150-350. Then you get the door. So if you have 10 entrance fee and 100 people there is your 1000. Deduct venue fee and there is your "profit". That is my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Siha wrote: »
    Pretty much nothing as far as I know. You will have to rent venue. That is from 150-350. Then you get the door. So if you have 10 entrance fee and 100 people there is your 1000. Deduct venue fee and there is your "profit". That is my experience.

Thats true in dublin city center

OP it really depends on a lot of things. Best bit of advice I can give is ring around lots of pubs around the country that get bands and try to get a gig. Its not easy, most of the bigger pubs wont "take a chance" on a new band unless the band members have a proven track record. as for a price, decide with your band what your miminum price is and dont go below that.

If you dont mind me asking OP, whats band is the tribute to?

• Advertisement

Thinking of putting a serious Neil Young tribute band together.

Advertisement