Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nutribullet vs cheaper versions?

• 25-04-2015 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    What are the differences between the Nutribullet and cheaper versions? Nb is 600w, a lot others are 300w. Any other major differences, is it worth the extra money?
    Thanks in advance,
    Pa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    What are the differences between the Nutribullet and cheaper versions? Nb is 600w, a lot others are 300w. Any other major differences, is it worth the extra money?
    Thanks in advance,
    Pa

I have the Nutri Ninja which is 1000w but it was €156 so more expensive. The Nutribullet seems to be well marketed as there are other alternatives out there that are better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭deisedude

I have the Nutri Ninja which is 1000w but it was €156 so more expensive. The Nutribullet seems to be well marketed as there are other alternatives out there that are better.

Have the nutri ninja myself. Got it on offer in currys a few months back for €99. Think its brilliant. Had a cheap argos blender before and it was useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Have an 800W Kenwood hand blender. Great piece of kit. Purées the bejaysus out of everything in jig time.

Almost as important as the super smooth puree it produces is the handy cleaning.

Cost €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

deisedude wrote: »
    Have the nutri ninja myself. Got it on offer in currys a few months back for €99. Think its brilliant. Had a cheap argos blender before and it was useless

It's brillant. It's whizzes everything to shreds. I should have waited until I saw it on sale though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

I have a nutrininja as well. Arguably better than the nutribullet going on some youtube review/comparisons. On sale on argos at the moment for €98 coincidentally

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3796586.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭deisedude

It's brillant. It's whizzes everything to shreds. I should have waited until I saw it on sale though :(

I just got lucky to be honest. Went into Currys to buy the NutriBullet and the Sales person said the Ninja is better and on offer so bought that instead!

From reviews it seems like there is very little between the Ninja and Bullet so I'd say if anyone is looking to buy one or the other just go for whatever is cheapest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

deisedude wrote: »

Honestly, if you haven't seen one in action it is very easy to assume they're just expensive blenders.

These things reduce nuts to homogenous liquid in a few seconds. They're monsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Zillah wrote: »
    Honestly, if you haven't seen one in action it is very easy to assume they're just expensive blenders.

These things reduce nuts to homogenous liquid in a few seconds. They're monsters.

Couldn't be any easier to clean either!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got my friend a nutribullet and they say it is class, no need for a more expensive one. It will make nutbutter in a second, completely liquidizes what you throw into it, can drink from the container and cleaning it takes a second. Gonna get one for myself

fruits and vegetables with the skins and stems are all thrown in, very cool.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The original Magic Bullet (same manafacturer) is an awful pos. So unless the nutribullet has improved on it a lot I would look elsewhere

• Advertisement

conzy wrote: »
    The original Magic Bullet (same manafacturer) is an awful pos. So unless the nutribullet has improved on it a lot I would look elsewhere

It's improved a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

What makes the nutri ninja/Nutribullet better than other cheaper/brands?
    What makes the other brands useless?- just weaker, not as well built etc.?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Will they break up ice cubes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

blinding wrote: »

At their wattage, yes.

blinding wrote: »

Nutribullet manual says you can include some ice in your blend but that you should not use it for just ice (aka, a little bit is fine but not much).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well when I made nut butter with a cheaper blender it took like 10 minutes of blending, it takes a few seconds with the nutribullet. I imagine power and design.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I got my friend a nutribullet and they say it is class, no need for a more expensive one. It will make nutbutter in a second, completely liquidizes what you throw into it, can drink from the container and cleaning it takes a second. Gonna get one for myself

fruits and vegetables with the skins and stems are all thrown in, very cool.

Pretty much this.

I <3 my nutribullet.

It does everything they do quicker, more efficiently, with less hassle and is easier to clean up after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I got the Breville Active from Amazon for €30 a few months back. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-Blend-Active-Personal-Blender-White/dp/B00DGLUW4E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430349599&sr=8-1&keywords=breville+blend+active
    I considered the Nutribullet/Ninja but couldnt justify the cost. Im pretty happy with the Breville and reckon the sports bottles that you make your smoothie in feel much better in your hand than the one that comes with the Nutri ranges which is more like a large open cup. You could take the Breville sports bottles out and about with you, to the gym or whereever but the shape of the cups that come with the Nutribullet dont really seem practical for doing the same.

I've had smoothies from both and while the Nutribullet does use its extra power to really liquify things I really cant see where that extra €70 is going. IMO Nutribullet have a multi-million marketing and advertising budget and I reckon thats where the bulk of the price is ending up. I reckon once that fizzles out they'll be €60 or less this coming Xmas. At that point I might consider it but tbh the Breville crushes ice and has no problems crushing frozen berries so it does everything I need it for at the end of the day.

For what its worth the Nutribullet scores 4.7 out of 5 from 1300 odd reviews on Amazon, the Breville also scores 4.7 out of 5 but from 2,700 reviews. So I doubt you'd be disappointed with either, its more a matter of how much you want to spend and if you think you would really need that extra 300 watts of power to justify spending €70 more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Strange cos I know a girl who works in that industry and she says the NutriBullet is far superior to the Ninja.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Got a nutribullet last Novemenr and use it every day for green smoothies. I also use it it for nuts etc. I would consider it fantastic but haven't seen the ninja in action so can't compare. I did have a Braun smoothie2go 300w blender before and it was totally rubbish, couldn't chop ice and struggled with any frozen fruit, eventually just stopped working as did my mums one which she used even less than mine.
    I would recommend the more expensive models like the nutribullet and ninja if you are serious about health benefits, the cheaper versions just don't last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

What comes with the nutri ninja? More than one cup? Looking at Argos and it's on offer for 98 but looks as if there is only one cup with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

2 cups

Update:
    Bought the nutri ninja in Argos, love it. So simple, Quick, convenient. The idea is simple but blend, put the sip/drink lid on and away you go. No mess. Can also be cleaned quickly with warm water and small squirt of washing up liquid and blend for a few seconds.
    I use it most days and throw anything into it; frozen berries, rockets, red pepper, banana, milk/water/orange juice and some seeds (sunflower or similar) is my most common one.

Left over broccoli, carrots go into it. For anyone debating to get one or not I couldn't recommend it more.

Update:
    Bought the nutri ninja in Argos, love it. So simple, Quick, convenient. The idea is simple but blend, put the sip/drink lid on and away you go. No mess. Can also be cleaned quickly with warm water and small squirt of washing up liquid and blend for a few seconds.
    I use it most days and throw anything into it; frozen berries, rockets, red pepper, banana, milk/water/orange juice and some seeds (sunflower or similar) is my most common one.

Left over broccoli, carrots go into it. For anyone debating to get one or not I couldn't recommend it more.

Rockets? Wow I'd say they give you a boost in the morning :pac:

I bought a smoothie 2 go (kenwood) a few years ago. Nearly got caught up in the nutribullet buzz and bought one, so glad I didn't!!

The smoothie 2 go is fantastic, I haven't found anything yet that it didn't blend including frozen spinach, frozen berries, ice etc.

Really reasonable price too.

I bought a smoothie 2 go (kenwood) a few years ago. Nearly got caught up in the nutribullet buzz and bought one, so glad I didn't!!

The smoothie 2 go is fantastic, I haven't found anything yet that it didn't blend including frozen spinach, frozen berries, ice etc.

Really reasonable price too.

What was the price?

Is it easy to clean? Do you blend in the cup you use to drink?

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    What was the price?

I don't know how much I paid for it, but it is 34.99 in argos, there's only one cup with it though, I got two with mine.

Couldn't really be any easier to clean tbh.

Yep. Blend, stick on the lid, done.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4238603/Trail/searchtext%3ESMOOTHIE.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    What was the price?

Did the same , bought this instead of the nutribullet...it's a great blender and dead handy to clean and on the move. It's blended everything I've thrown at it in seconds as well brilliantly..

Really want to get a nutri-bullet or ninja but cannot afford one at the moment :( has anyone seen or bought the processor on offer in aldi this week? Wonder if it's any good? :) I want one just for smoothies and milkshakes

Link to aldi processor: https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-10-sep/products-detail-page/ps/p/mini-food-processor/

• Advertisement

Really want to get a nutri-bullet or ninja but cannot afford one at the moment :( has anyone seen or bought the processor on offer in aldi this week? Wonder if it's any good? :) I want one just for smoothies and milkshakes

Link to aldi processor: https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-10-sep/products-detail-page/ps/p/mini-food-processor/
    Are the container sections big enough? If you can't afford an expens6one I'd buy whatever you can. Since I bought mine I've been drinking kale, celery, rolled oats and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

You can clean your nutribullet very easy, unlike some of the cheaper versions where the cleaning is real pain in the *ss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Where can I get a Kenwood 800w? I presume with the Smoothie to go Kenwood 300 wyou couldn't blend as many vegetables as the higher wattage or the likes of a nutritional ninja, could anyone advise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Also does anyone have any experience with the Salter Nutripro blender that they have for sale in Power City?

Advertisement