Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with plateau.

• 01-05-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

I think I'm after hitting a plateau for the past month.

I workout weight/cardio five times a week. I don't eat processed food or added sugar and I use scooby calculator and my fitness pal and except for the odd occasion I stay within the 1700 cals a day (I don't add calories back for whatever workout I've done all day).

Nothing has happened this month weight wise and to be honest I'm not fitting into target jeans any better than I was at the start of April so it's not a case of staying the same weight but losing inches iykwim?

Some days I eat less then the 1700 - maybe 1300 to 1400. I weigh food so I know it's accurate re portion size.

I don't know whether to drop calories or whether to eat more and make sure I make the 1700 but I feel I'm eating enough. I don't want to cut carbs because I like eating them and I will only eat them again after I lose and this is a long term plan for me. Once it's off it's staying off.

Anyone any thoughts re tweaking or should I just exercise a little more patience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭denismc

You don't mention gender or current weight or the extent of your exercising, but if you are only consuming 1700 cals and working out 5 times a week it could be that you are doing a lot of harm by having a huge calorie deficiency. I little more detail on the duration and intensity of your cardio might give a better picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The lower you drop and the longer you do it for, the less responsive your body is going to be.

Not to mention stressing about it.

Actually, on that, listen to this podcast from Sigma Nutrition. Really, really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

The lower you drop and the longer you do it for, the less responsive your body is going to be.

Not to mention stressing about it.

Actually, on that, listen to this podcast from Sigma Nutrition. Really, really good.

Why did you have to post that!

That's the end of a very productive morning :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Sorry I'm 37 female 10 stone eight, nearly hitting the 3 stone lost mark .

The cardio is

1 x 50 mins cardio and weights then 15 mins abs
    1 x 30 mins hiit ( well it says it is but from what I have been reading true hiit should wipe you) and 10 mins abs.

The weights are 35 min sessions and the heaviest I lift is 8.5 kg each hand.

I also do whatever housework running after kids.

Upper body I am so happy with but it's lower belly, ass and thighs - the usual story I suppose.

Thanks for link alf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Deer wrote: »
    Sorry I'm 37 female 10 stone eight, nearly hitting the 3 stone lost mark .

The cardio is

1 x 50 mins cardio and weights then 15 mins abs
    1 x 30 mins hiit ( well it says it is but from what I have been reading true hiit should wipe you) and 10 mins abs.

The weights are 35 min sessions and the heaviest I lift is 8.5 kg each hand.

I also do whatever housework running after kids.

Upper body I am so happy with but it's lower belly, ass and thighs - the usual story I suppose.

Thanks for link alf!

No worries. I found it incredibly interesting myself. But it gives a bit more insight into the bodies adaptations and how requirements change as the weight does.

And how stressing about it is one of the most counter-productive things you can do :)

• Advertisement

I'm listening to it now. I am stressing out of my head at mo as we are in process of buying a house. And this week I made a concentrated effort to drink water. What I am getting out of this so far is calm the **** down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Deer wrote: »
    I'm listening to it now. I am stressing out of my head at mo as we are in process of buying a house. And this week I made a concentrated effort to drink water. What I am getting out of this so far is calm the **** down!

"get stoned drunk or laid was the advice" he gives...

You may as well be shot for a sheep as a lamb, do all three

Oh believe me I plan on doing two of those this weekend. The other I can't get my hands on !

Advertisement