Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

don't know where start help please!! - diet

• 29-04-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Currently - I'm 18 female 150 lbs and about 5'6/5'7

Goal - 125 by October (hopefully!)

Diet - usually breakfast would be-; porridge made with unsweetened almond milk and about 4 tablespoons of honey :B or a smoothie with bit papaya,blueberries, rasberries and strawberries made with water

Lunch - usually a tin of tuna in a burger bun, or packet of malteasers (:L)

Dinner - usually 2 fishfingers and boiled eggwhite, home spaghetti bolognese nd pasta or chicken curry and rice ( really varies to be honest!!) sometimes roast chicken sald...

Snack- bannana or apple or orange what ever handy fruit we have and CHOCOLATE! I drink no soda either, just water and green tea :)

Exercise - until recently I was going gym 4 days week for 60/90 mins usually 40 mins treadmill 20 mins bike and rest time on rower/cross trainer aswell as squat challenge at home :Z... But haven't been lately!(6 weeks now to be honest:'( ) going be going back really soon now :) I need advice with food and a gym routine?!.. Thanks x ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

4 tablepsoons is way too much honey. One should be enough.

Have a salad with the tuna instead of the burger bun. Ditch the maltesers as a lunch option. There's nothing but sugar there. You should have a source of protein with each meal (lean meat or fish).

For dinner you need something more substantial than fish fingers and boiled egg white! Veg with meat and a small side of carbs on workout days. I like some sweet potato wedges or a portion of brown rice.

Do some weight training along with your cardio. Get a gym instructor to show you how to use free weights.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

calories. eat less of them, do this by eating mostly real food and still enjoy your favourite foods

That is the single most important food advice you will ever get, ever all that matters is how many calories you eat. And you can eat less of them by tracking them, or by eating in a manner that makes it almost impossible to overeat, e.g eating real unprocessed food 90% of the time.

The nutrition sticky in this very forum will teach you all about nutrition

This calculator will tell you how many calories you need to eat to reach your goal

Be consistent, exercise 3+ days a week you can probably reach your goal by October. That is a bad goal by the way, confining yourself to an arbitrary number on the scale.

What if you weigh in in october and you are 131 lbs but you look and feel better than ever and you have a new lifestyle that allows you to maintain your weight? that is a better goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Currently - I'm 18 female 150 lbs and about 5'6/5'7

Goal - 125 by October (hopefully!)

Diet - usually breakfast would be-; porridge made with unsweetened almond milk and about 4 tablespoons of honey :B or a smoothie with bit papaya,blueberries, rasberries and strawberries made with water

Lunch - usually a tin of tuna in a burger bun, or packet of malteasers (:L)

Dinner - usually 2 fishfingers and boiled eggwhite, home spaghetti bolognese nd pasta or chicken curry and rice ( really varies to be honest!!) sometimes roast chicken sald...

Snack- bannana or apple or orange what ever handy fruit we have and CHOCOLATE!

Exercise - until recently I was going gym 4 days week for 60/90 mins usually 40 mins treadmill 20 mins bike and rest time on rower/cross trainer aswell as squat challenge at home :Z... But haven't been lately!(6 weeks now to be honest:'( ) going be going back really soon now :) I need advice with food and a gym routine?!.. Thanks x ..

Going to be blunt here
    *Eat more protein and fat
    *Eggs are fantastic: but while egg whites are a decent protein source egg yolks are where it's at in terms of nutrients, vitamins minerals etc
    * Eat less junk, a 37g pack of maltesers which have no nutrients, has over twice as many calories as 2 large eggs
    * Beef, lamb, bacon is fine to eat also it doesn't all have to be chicken
    * Think of food as nutrition rather than something that is bad
    * Throw out your scales
    * If you take @marsbars advice you'll look fitter and leaner, feel better and be healthier.
    Good luck

Advertisement