Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Note left on windscreen of car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

this thread reeks of the self-entitled attitude out there. The amount of people that drive around in their own little self absorbed worlds is astounding. We have all sorts of problems with our school - exactly along these lines (no pun intended!). Its causes mayhem for other parents who park responsibly, neighbours who want to get in and out of their estate. The guards have had to be called to deal with confrontations.

Op what would be uour response if someone just politely asked you to move? For some reason I doubt it would be "ah ok very sorry".

(And please do not sue me :))

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭blade1

How did you inadvertently park on double yellow lines?
    Perhaps you inadvertently mowed down some pedestrians aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Most schools acknowledge that there are parking issues at school arrival and departure times. Usually they have a "car plan" in place

to avoid this situation. Does the school your children attend have a policy on parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If the poster was here only a few days I'd be saying wind up but they've been on boards for 7 years.

You were wrong OP! You didn't like the passive aggressiveness of the note and tough ****e. Fair play to whoever left it on your windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mayway wrote: »
    Not at all. I just don't like losers/cowards taking liberties with my property. It's not on. Plain and simple.

You are Phil Mitchell and I claim my five pounds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If the poster was here only a few days I'd be saying wind up but they've been on boards for 7 years.

You were wrong OP! You didn't like the passive aggressiveness of the note and tough ****e. Fair play to whoever left it on your windscreen.
    Only 8 posts in the 7 years till this thread was started, smacks of a standby account that was set up in case of a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Mars Bar wrote: »

Agreed. It's a bug bear of mine, I always follow the rules regarding where to park but there's always parents who park across the zig zag lines, or in the coach parking.

I used to drop my kids to the creche then park in an estate, perfectly legally, no yellow lines or anything. I used to get notes on my windscreen, "I've informed the guards" and all that nonsense, even though my car was parked safely, and legally. This was just someone who didn't like cars parked across from his house, which I can understand, but threatening with "I've informed the guards"? Ridiculous.

OP though, you've no excuse. Park in a proper place next time, or if you do park on the yellows, expect a note.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Rob32 wrote:
    Don't feed the troll.

Oh but do feed the troll. This is terribly enjoyable. Continue op, I want more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Only 8 posts in the 7 years till this thread was started, smacks of a standby account that was set up in case of a ban.
    One of which was in the Junior Cert thread last summer.
    What a year for a 15 year old. Leave school, get a job and a driving licence and have 2 school age children. :D

Think Mammy might have got a note .....

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Another example of "i have children so everyone should bow to me" i am sick of parents abandoning their cars outside schools causing danger and disruption, the self righteousness they feel over us childless people makes my blood boil. And the oversized cars that they have to have that they can't even drive. For the love of god will you WALK your kids to school and stay out of my way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 autumnrain

He weakened my wiper Wodewick .... Hahaha ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

mayway wrote: »
    I'm not sure where to post this but I'll try here.

This morning I was dropping my kids off to school on the way to work and I inadvertently parked on double yellow lines while I walked the kids to school. I was probably gone about 10 minutes.

Fairs fair, I was on double yellow lines and if I had got a parking ticket for that then I would have no complaint about it.

However, when I got back to the car and got into it and drove off I noticed a note stuck under the wiper of the car. I pulled in down the road and removed it. It was a cowardly anonymous note. It was a copy of a letter that the school had circulated several months due to ludicrous parking all around the school which led to emergency services not being able to access a housing estate to attend to a sick child which, of course, was a disgrace.

Now, while I was on double yellow lines, I was not blocking the road in any shape or form but I was clearly in the wrong for parking there in the 1st place. The note that I received was deeply unpleasant and was signed off at the end in what can only described as infantile handwriting with a statement that said my parking on double yellow lines had been reported to the Gardai!

Of course, the coward who did this sought to do this anonymously so I have no idea who they are.

My question is this, as they have clearly interfered with my private property whilst parked on a public road and they have no right to do so, what legal action can I take against them? Is there any law that they have broken that they can be prosecuted under? Or is this just a civil matter and, as such, would merit some sort of compensation?

I intend to engage a investigator to track down this loser and subsequently unleash my solicitor at him or her but I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar case before I go down this road.
    to be honest i'd say you would have no hope with a case. they were wrong, you technically broke the law.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Iyaibeji

The next time I catch you parking there I'll lift BOTH your wipers.
    See how you like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Hmm this post has made me think a bit...
    How the fcuk do I change my wiper blades now without weakening the wipers? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Hmm this post has made me think a bit...
    How the fcuk do I change my wiper blades now without weakening the wipers? :(

Are you serious, you realise you have to change the wiper linkage and motor every time your wipers need to be changed don't you? Otherwise the spring gets weakened by the repeated changing of the wipers only and that's what breaks your engine over time , amirite ?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the man is clearly in pain and this is how we treat him !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I once parked LEGALLY, and when I came back to the car there was a note on it that said plainly 'If you died tomorrow, would you get into heaven?'. Nothing else. Just that. Was not signed by anyone, just said the Bible is the word of God at the bottom.

Thought this thread might have been something along these lines, not some law breaker illegally parking and getting upset about it. Why in this country do we believe that a set of double dashers entitle us to park wherever we want?

And are we that lazy that we've to double Park near our schools like that? My God. I would have had to use a lot of my resolve to not have taken your keys off you op and have given you a good kick in the arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

whupdedo wrote: »
    Are you serious, you realise you have to change the wiper linkage and motor every time your wipers need to be changed don't you? Otherwise the spring gets weakened by the repeated changing of the wipers only and that's what breaks your engine over time , amirite ?????????

Don't be silly!

You have to change the car the wiper is attached to!

Why do you think there are so many new cars on the road!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Do you drive a 4x4?

No, I don't. I drive a large family saloon.

• Advertisement

You are kidding, right? Compensation?! A civil matter!!?!

Because if you are actually complaining about someone leaving a note on your car referring to the fact you were breaking the law then you really need to cop onto yourself. And don't park like a gob in future.

They left an offensive note and said they had reported to the guards. But sadly no name. I'd like these vigilantes taken to task by the guards.

afatbollix wrote: »
    If I say to you here on boards that you shouldn't of been parked on double yellow lines will you sue me?

Your level of entitlement astounds me. It was almost as if they have built the road just for you and screw everyone else no matter what the law says.

I have the feeling you could prob walk to school......

Not at all. I admit I was wrong. I mistakenly parked on double yellows for a few minutes. However, that does not give these cowardly vigilantes the right to meddle with my private property. They can, of course, report me to the guards if they fit and their sad little lives are so empty that have nothing better to do. However, they have no right to place their hands on my property let alone start messing with the wipers. They need to be taught a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Next time, they should leave your wipers alone and just let down two of your tyres.

furiousox wrote: »
    "It was a cowardly anonymous note...."
    "The note that I received was deeply unpleasant..."

"It was a copy of a letter that the school had circulated"

:confused:

No, that's not quite right. It was a copy of the letter but with certain sections highlighted to make it offensive to me. Also, it had added hand written threatening comments added to it. The original letter had it been left alone was fine. But these cowardly vigilantes still have no right to touch my car.

moleyv wrote: »
    Would you sue the warden putting a ticket on your windscreen?

Of course not. They're legally entitled to do it. These layabout vigilantes are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So the polls are in, is it safe now to call shenanigans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

So the polls are in, is it safe now to call shenanigans?

God I hope so.

How do you "inadvertently park on double yellow lines"? Unless you're blind. In which case...

I assure you I didn't intentionally park on double yellow lines. I think we're missing point here. The fact remains that an anonymous coward assaulted my private property without permission. Surely, this must be against the law? Or am I entitled to start pulling at everyone's wipers whenever I feel like it? That can't be right!

I want this menace taken to task over his/her disgraceful behaviour and I'd like to know what the options are. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Hmmm, who interfered with mayway's wiper blade? This is too big a mystery for me. Time to call in some help...

hardly-boys-brothers-solving-mysteries.jpg

• Advertisement

snoopy84 wrote: »
    Another example of "i have children so everyone should bow to me" i am sick of parents abandoning their cars outside schools causing danger and disruption, the self righteousness they feel over us childless people makes my blood boil. And the oversized cars that they have to have that they can't even drive. For the love of god will you WALK your kids to school and stay out of my way

It's not our fault you've no kids. That's a terrible attitude. If you don't like it you should move somewhere where there are no schools.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement