Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clampers in Oakleigh Wood, Dooradoyle.

Options
  • 19-07-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Anyone have an experience with these guys? I've had a bit of trouble with them today. I feel they're being slightly dishonest.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Dishonest in what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

I display a parking permit for my area. It's taped to the windscreen. It's came a little bit loose last night and one half fell down making it slightly harder to see. I was clamped last night and they tell me they have proof of the permit not being displayed at all. The permit is exactly where the way i left it last night. I've been through war with them this morning and they won't even listen to me. Everytime I ring, they hang up unless I agree to pay. I'm very annoyed

I know the man doing the clamping(northern), i know that if the full permit isnt visible then he will clamp the car/van. And definitely wont remove it unless he gets paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

remove it your self, or pay some one to remove it, what can the clampers do sue ? no they will not take you to court, if you show the judge your permit he will laugh at them, stand up on you hind legs man/woman.

Well the lad you know is extremely agressive and very unreasonable in my opinion. The permit is clearly visible, albeit not as visible as usual. He said he has photos to prove it was not displayed at all but yet, refused to show them to me.

• Advertisement

Someone removed one of their clamps last week and was arrested, they are in court either this week or next.

I wouldnt recommend it.

mkegvn wrote: »
    Well the lad you know is extremely agressive and very unreasonable in my opinion. The permit is clearly visible, albeit not as visible as usual. He said he has photos to prove it was not displayed at all but yet, refused to show them to me.

He does have photos of the permit, id have no doubt about that.
    It has to be fully visible AFAIK, you just said yours wasnt.

I've no doubt he has photos. Why not show them to me? I won't be removing his clamp. I would like him to remove it for me. Where did i say it wasn't visable? I only said it was a little bit more difficult to see than normal, he might have had to tilt his head, poor chap.

It's came a little bit loose last night and one half fell down

There

You're very clever. Thanks

• Advertisement

Im not trying to be clever, i was just pointing out what you said. I could easily ring him and say you are a friend of mine and to take the clamp off and he would. Be reasonable with him, your permit wasnt fully visible, he is only trying to do a job like all of us.

I was very reasonable with him. He became abusive with me when he called out, because I couldn't afford to pay him there and then. He wouldn't allow me to speak my piece, walked away from me when I tried. Everytime I've rang today, I've been hung up on before I'm allowed to speak. I'd call that quite unreasonable on his part.

I was very reasonable with him. He became abusive with me when he called out, because I couldn't afford to pay him there and then. He wouldn't allow me to speak my piece, walked away from me when I tried. Everytime I've rang today, I've been hung up on before I'm allowed to speak. I'd call that quite unreasonable on his part.

Abusive in what way?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

@mkegvn
    Melion wrote: »
    Abusive in what way?

I recommend you answer this question honestly and promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Take your own photos just in case anything does arise from this. I would also contact the property management company or whoever employed the clampers in the first place.

Shoved a piece of paper into my face saying "can you read?". Told me to **** off.

Shoved a piece of paper into my face saying "can you read?". Told me to **** off.

Not saying you're lying but i find that very very hard to believe. Ill ask later on though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

If you are confident in your position and are sure that he could have viewed the permit if he moved his head and that he doesn't have pictures to prove otherwise call the Gardai.
    If all is above board with your permit he is interfeering with your property and will be told to remove the clamp.

If what you are saying is true the clamping company sound like a bunch of chancers/gangsters.

seachto7 wrote: »
    I know someone in Raheen who cut the clamp off. The cops called to him and he said "what clamp? I don't know anything about any clamp..."
    No further action taken as there was no proof that it had been put on in the first place.

If it were me, I would cut it off and sing dumb, but then that's just my opinion which is not the law's opinion....

See my post earlier in thread

Im not trying to be clever, i was just pointing out what you said. I could easily ring him and say you are a friend of mine and to take the clamp off and he would. Be reasonable with him, your permit wasnt fully visible, he is only trying to do a job like all of us.

Do it so.....

Your good deed for the day Mel:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I can't understand why you got clamped is it in an apartment block with a shared space, or your house?

Also if the permit is on your windshield then he has no right to clamp you, take a photo of it as it is, then ring the cops. But i have a feeling they wil say its private land and can't do anything.

Dont try to remove it or tamper with it.

Listen, I don't want this to go any further, but the bottom line is that I'm quite annoyed at being hung up on all morning and not listened to unless I agree to pay the release fee. I've contacted Property Management and they can't do anything about it because they don't employ the clamper directly. It's basically his word over mine. I'm sure he's normally a nice chap and all and he has his job to do, but I've done nothing technically wrong here and I feel a bit hard-done-by! At the end of the day, I can't afford the €120 to get the yellow piece of steel off the car.

Twin-go wrote: »
    Do it so.....

Your good deed for the day Mel:D

I was really thinking about it Mark but i know he is having a fairly shít day and could probably do without me asking that.

If the OP wants to send me on the reg and make of his car i can ring and find out if all this is true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Far from a nice guy the way he treated my mother and grandmother one day,hes a scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Listen, I don't want this to go any further, but the bottom line is that I'm quite annoyed at being hung up on all morning and not listened to unless I agree to pay the release fee. I've contacted Property Management and they can't do anything about it because they don't employ the clamper directly. It's basically his word over mine. I'm sure he's normally a nice chap and all and he has his job to do, but I've done nothing technically wrong here and I feel a bit hard-done-by! At the end of the day, I can't afford the €120 to get the yellow piece of steel off the car.

Do not pay him, he is totally in the wrong. You had a permit and it was displayed.

Who hired him to do this if not the property company?, and i don't think you did. He has to be hired by someone

I can't understand why you got clamped is it in an apartment block with a shared space, or your house?

Also if the permit is on your windshield then he has no right to clamp you, take a photo of it as it is, then ring the cops. But i have a feeling they wil say its private land and can't do anything.

Dont try to remove it or tamper with it.

Sorry but privite land or not ones property should not be interfered with.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mod note:

I've removed 5 very dodgy posts, and 1 that quoted same. Cards and bans are the next steps. Anyone who's had a post removed should think carefully before posting in this thread again.

Don't encourage illegal activity, and don't post anything that is blatantly defamatory. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Someone removed one of their clamps last week and was arrested, they are in court either this week or next.

I wouldnt recommend it.

link ????

OP work with Melion on this, he's a good bloke. He may be able to help you out. Worth a try anyway.

Mel, I foresee a job as a peace envoy with the U.N. if you help sort this out!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

To be honest Mod, this thread is crying out for "illegal activity" posts, so I think you should just lock it......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement