is atheism religion? - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-06-2012, 06:08   #76
dead one
Banned
 
dead one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Graveyard
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuar View Post
If deadone is banned from a&a it would be a bit difficult to start a thread there
PS: Never thought Islam was this much fun!
stuar, you know even if i had started a thread, i would be threaten by guardian of this religion. They have taken oath to protect it. Mark Hamil knows it very well. and now i have been thrown out of their holly lands because of my infidelity..
dead one is offline  
Advertisement
07-06-2012, 11:30   #77
Mark Hamill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuar View Post
If deadone is banned from a&a it would be a bit difficult to start a thread there
It would be easier if he stopped getting himself banned for posting gibberish.
Mark Hamill is online now  
(3) thanks from:
07-06-2012, 11:38   #78
Mark Hamill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuar View Post
I would say atheism is more a cult* of God and religion haters.

*cult: a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc. Dictionary.com
By your own definition you are wrong. Atheism is a group of people who do not believe in god. That's it. There is no inherent veneration of the non belief, or of an individual or group that proposes the non belief. Atheists can venerate people, or the idea itself (just like, say, football supporters can venerate their team, or the idea of football being the greatest sport) but that doesn't mean atheism (football) is itself a cult.

This has been explained in this thread already, did you not read any of the preceding posts before yours?
Mark Hamill is online now  
07-06-2012, 12:00   #79
Mark Hamill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead one View Post
See.I am bias free freak because i have nothing personal in this matter. See if athiesm is religion, how it is going to benefit me, on the other hand, if it is not then i won't get anything from it .. you people (atheists) are very personal in proving that atheism is not religion. That's the reason why I brought confirmation bias here. It is your priority to prove atheism isn't religion and you have done what must be done to make it religion.
Of course you have bias towards atheism being a religion, if atheism is a religion, then you get to turn around all the instances of atheists pointing out the dangers and damages of religions in general. You get to call us hypocrites.
Of course, this is a "you are as bad as we are, therefore we are better than you" argument, but I only claimed you were being biased, not rational.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead one View Post
Closing thread, threatening people, banning people, attacking people.. All these things are enough to prove atheism is a religion and you're it follower... You are worse in your attitude than the religious folks. So you are more extremist... I thank Dades, he has helped me a lot in proving my points..
I already explained why the thread was closed. Do you really so lack conviction that you wont engage my reasons for the closure of the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead one View Post
See I believe in evidence, I was here to learn that atheism is not religion when I got threaten/banned by atheists... So now If i believe athiesm is religion it is only because you. It isn't because of my confirmation bias as i don't have any theory... It's you attitude which has made atheism religion. In defence of your religion i became victim of your bigotry and prejudice.. Thanks for the dades telling true face their religion..
You got banned in that thread for telling someone to "piss off" and that you didn't have "time for clowns" like them. Your first post in that thread, by the way, made a declaration which you defended by claiming it to be deep and that people shouldn't quote you if they didn't have the wisdom to understand it. Your posting history makes it quite clear that you weren't in that thread to learn anything, or to debate evidence.
Mark Hamill is online now  
Thanks from:
07-06-2012, 12:17   #80
Mark Hamill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead one View Post
Ah, Atheists of all stripes call for evidence. One should not believe anything without evidence for the thing. The cry for evidence is the primary premise for Atheism. But when evidence appears they start denying it. I think the call for evidence has become a circular reasoning. As we know, the denial of evidence has become your faith and you very committed to it... You don't want to lose your faith...
Oh look, dead one makes a claim and does not back it up with anything. How unusual. I love how you try and turn the most rational and sensible thing anyone can do into something irrational based on pure assertion. Its hilarious. Calling for evidence is a primary defence against bullsh*t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead one View Post
Theory of evolution the creation theory for religion of atheism, Infinite chance, Infinite injustice
How can anyone get so much wrong about what is a fairly simple concept? Theory of evolution =/= theory of creation (abiogenesis). They are two entirely different theories, one could happen entirely without the other. There is no "infinite chance" in evolution, because there is no infinite number of actions. And where does injustice come into a naturally occurring phenomena? Is rain injust?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead one View Post
Correct, no-one has done nothing but your (atheist) attitude/bigotry has made it religion.
Again with the lack of conviction in your posts. I explained my post in my response, can you not do the same. You know, your complete inability to back up anything you say beyond asserting it, makes me think you don't really believe any of it at all. But you would hardly keep harping on about something you didn't actually believe in, would you?
Mark Hamill is online now  
Advertisement
07-06-2012, 12:24   #81
dead one
Banned
 
dead one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Graveyard
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hamill View Post
It would be easier if he stopped getting himself banned for posting gibberish.
why should I, When their bigotry was quite clear.. That's my boldness, See I am not a flatterer as you are. I sacrificed my ID in the foram against injustice, cruelty and tyranny... I stood in their way. It was not only me, JC also became victim of their pride and prejudice. ...they ARE bigots, in their arrogance and i became their victim... Its a deadly trap... my id was crucified at the altar of their bigotry... How lucky am i.....
dead one is offline  
07-06-2012, 12:33   #82
hivizman
Subscriber
 
hivizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In exile
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivizman View Post
In my moderator's capacity, I feel it necessary to mention that I do not consider it appropriate for a discussion of the actions of moderators on another forum to be debated here. On the other hand, I would be prepared to tolerate a discussion of the general question of whether atheism is a religion, particularly if this is addressed from an Islamic perspective.
I posted the above as long ago as 15 February 2012. Unfortunately, we seem to have gone back to debating what happened on another forum. The question posed by the thread has been clearly answered - on any standard meaning of the word "religion", atheism cannot qualify as a religion. As Mark Hamill has reminded us in his post at 11:38 today, even if some atheists fervently defend their views and fervently deny those of theists, this does not apply to atheism as a concept.

Some of the postings in this thread are quite frankly embarrassing. Because I participated in the earlier debate, I feel uneasy about exercising the moderator's ability to close the thread down, but maybe one of the other moderators will be prepared to intervene.
hivizman is offline  
07-06-2012, 12:42   #83
Mark Hamill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead one View Post
why should I, When their bigotry was quite clear.. That's my boldness, See I am not a flatterer as you are. I sacrificed my ID in the foram against injustice, cruelty and tyranny... I stood in their way. It was not only me, JC also became victim of their pride and prejudice. ...they ARE bigots, in their arrogance and i became their victim... Its a deadly trap... my id was crucified at the altar of their bigotry... How lucky am i.....
----> Feedback
Mark Hamill is online now  
Thanks from:
07-06-2012, 13:02   #84
Asiaprod
Why is Bellybutton Fluff always Blue
 
Asiaprod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In front of the rising Sun (its a Pub)
Posts: 6,305
And on that good pointer to ======> Feedback, I am closing this thread.
Its going nowhere productive,
Asia.
Asiaprod is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search