Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motivation clinic

Options
  • 22-05-2015 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi, just looking to see if anyone has been on the motivation diet and what kinda foods are allowed? I am waiting to go for a consultation and I know it works for some and not for others, any advice or opinions would be great

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You might find something in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Goreygal

Hi

I've been doing it for about 5 weeks now and love it. You eat pretty much all food groups (currently I am not adding Fats e.g. oils, butters as I have so much to lose but that is just temporary) but what will be noticeably different is your portion sizes. To be honest though because of the encouragement to eat protein with every meal/snack you don't feel hungry though; it is more "visual hunger" and that soon goes. It really does show you how excessively large our portions are to be honest. Motivation also gets you to challenge yourself about the little stories we tell ourselves to justify over indulging on a regular basis e.g. it's communion week, it's only one biscuit why shouldn't I and also those habitual triggers that may trigger you to eat without you even realising it.

Good luck with the consult. Your relationship with your consultant is really important; you have to feel a connection with them so if you don't feel free to ask to see another one .. they don't mind and totally understand.

Gg

Advertisement